What do white medallions mean?

thermal

I just got off an 8-day Alaska cruise on the Majestic Princess.  I noticed quite a few people had white medallions.  Does anyone know what they represent?   I heard rumours they are for a ship's first cruise, but Majestic has been sailing for several years now.....

For now, blue Seawitch logo on white background indicates a first time Princess cruiser, taking the place of the white Seawitch on blue background.  Not sure if this is a permanent change or just to use up old inventory or if this is even the case on all Princess ships.  On my last cruise on the Royal Princess at the end of April CD kept saying 1st time Princess cruisers with white Medallion on The Wake Show.  But you right, that medallions with white backgrounds indicated that it was for the inaugural 1st year of a ship's service. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

For now, blue Seawitch logo on white background indicates a first time Princess cruiser,

This is false.

On the Royal in April. We had blue witch on white. We are platinum with 10 cruises on Princess. And we were not alone.

7 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

This is false.

On the Royal in April. We had blue witch on white. We are platinum with 10 cruises on Princess. And we were not alone.

Maybe you’ve been demoted. 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 19

There is some confusion.

IN November everyone was given a white one on the Discovery.  We were told it was for the first year the ship was in service. (that would have been accurate for that cruise).

In April, on the Ruby - repositioning cruise from Galveston to San Francisco- , at the Captain's Circle meeting, they mentioned that they white medallions are replacing the formerly Blue medallions.

I also heard that you can go to guest services and they would give you a sticker with the correct color. 

Also, for our April cruise, it seemed to be (though not universal) that people that got their medallions mailed tended to get white ones, regardless of captain circle status level, while those of us that picked them up in port, got the correct color. 

So at the moment, Im not sure that anyone can authoritatively state what a White One means!

• Like 1

We were on the Ruby in April.  We had received white medallions.  When we checked in there was a crew member stationed at check in to put the black sticker on the medallion.  She told us that all of the medallions start off white and then the loyalty stickers are applied.  A lot of medallions had been mailed before they were ready.

I dont know about ALL of them being white.  I just popped the meadailion from the last cruise out of the lanyard ring from the last cruise (which is black), and there are no stickers on it.  (very smooth, very plastic feeling, and I would think that my fingernail would have caught an edge if there was one on it)

1 hour ago, Outerdog said:

They don't mean anything.

They used to mean you were on a cruise during the first year of sailing, Our medallions for our cruise last year on the Enchanted were white with the sea witch logo showing our Platinum status.

1 minute ago, Outerdog said:

Sure. But now? Now they mean nothing.

Might possibly find out when I get the medallions for our upcoming cruise on the Emerald. We will really find out when the Sun comes into service next year. 

Not once during my last cruise did someone look at my medallion and say something related to it's color and/or my status level in Captains Circle, nor did it matter to me that they do so.  I had a marvelous cruise, with excellent service and met lovely people.  Who gives a hill of beans what color anyone's medallion was?  Not I!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Not once during my last cruise did someone look at my medallion and say something related to it's color and/or my status level in Captains Circle, nor did it matter to me that they do so.  I had a marvelous cruise, with excellent service and met lovely people.  Who gives a hill of beans what color anyone's medallion was?  Not I!

You know, sometimes you find yourself just sitting at the bar chatting with people about random stuff and this sort of thing comes up casually. No one is saying that they go around seeking out medallion colors to interrogate the holders.

Some people have a curious mind and enjoying knowing how stuff works, that's all.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, c-boy said:

😘  missing you

Miss you too, but I'll be there tomorrow. I just have to finish off these world cruise bookings for that group and I'm on my way to you. Preakness, here we come; ready the champers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outerdog said:

You know, sometimes you find yourself just sitting at the bar chatting with people about random stuff and this sort of thing comes up casually. No one is saying that they go around seeking out medallion colors to interrogate the holders.

Some people have a curious mind and enjoying knowing how stuff works, that's all.

And some just have to look for the negative side of everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Why does anyone care what color they are as long as the appropriate perks are loaded into the electronics.  I just do not get it.

DON

With the majority of people wearing the medallions around their necks it is not difficult to spot something different. If you are not curious when you see something different, then I guess you are right, you just do not get it.

• Like 4