Starting price of wine by the bottle

fizzy1

Hi all, we will be taking wine onboard at embarkation but can anyone post a current  photo  of wine list by the  bottle or say how much bottle starts from . Red/white/ rose not concerned what 

Here are photos from the wine list in the Main Dining Room aboard Constellation during our Oct-Nov transatlantic cruise. Sorry about the pink-purple cast of the photos. 

IMG_3510.thumb.jpeg.c37f0281926516d843f001c573371d9a.jpeg

IMG_3511.thumb.jpeg.30977e76172ef468ef308aacbd1434c9.jpeg

IMG_3512.thumb.jpeg.26187bf38564d3da665e1bdda9f30c0c.jpeg

IMG_3513.thumb.jpeg.4e43b5e8e9a077892b6e2c4db25e0bab.jpeg

IMG_3514.thumb.jpeg.9e958c743e2a8329ae56f0c5e5024465.jpeg

IMG_3515.thumb.jpeg.23fd5ebbe7cd8152993109a3b542c39a.jpeg

IMG_3516.thumb.jpeg.2ec9b14c3c1743a24ab01bc66d1b10f0.jpeg

IMG_3517.thumb.jpeg.d2b312d006caf2c3145f736feb4bb971.jpeg

IMG_3518.thumb.jpeg.af647764d0c8415f1cb6928501a6052b.jpeg

IMG_3519.thumb.jpeg.abab365a72ac877f8e400a76214dc1e8.jpeg

IMG_3520.thumb.jpeg.7277292bd38907ce3f5752d5ea0be057.jpeg

IMG_3521.thumb.jpeg.69fe2f019358f112bbbd28d89b5ee2a6.jpeg

IMG_3522.thumb.jpeg.02c8482e485ffd155b968bf0e3aa08c1.jpeg

IMG_3523.thumb.jpeg.9418c5410c1fb91ed91aebefe4dab06a.jpeg

IMG_3524.thumb.jpeg.3c102bb693a954891bab17c3427fc952.jpeg

IMG_3525.thumb.jpeg.6a2d1980a9fab9221cf2ff613e29001e.jpeg

IMG_3527.thumb.jpeg.a5ac998303d29ecf6a3248442bb98685.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

Hi all, we will be taking wine onboard at embarkation but can anyone post a current  photo  of wine list by the  bottle or say how much bottle starts from . Red/white/ rose not concerned what 

As I recall the lowest priced bottles were $48 plus 20% gratuity.  You can find wine lists in the app.  Look under dining and the wines list are there for the dining rooms & restaurants.  They may not have all the wines available on ever sailing, but it will give you a good idea of prices.

• Thanks 1

Slightly off-topic…original post mentions bringing a bottle of wine on board at embarkation. After some research, it appears each guest is allowed to bring (1)  each. Just want to ensure that is true- only one at embarkation. Also, does it go in carry-on bags, or the large luggage dropped at the pier?

We will be on the Millennium departure from Vancouver in a couple weeks.

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

As I recall the lowest priced bottles were $48 plus 20% gratuity.  You can find wine lists in the app.  Look under dining and the wines list are there for the dining rooms & restaurants.  They may not have all the wines available on ever sailing, but it will give you a good idea of prices.

Looking at the list, there was at least one bottle for $28 and several in the 30s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, lonepeak said:

Slightly off-topic…original post mentions bringing a bottle of wine on board at embarkation. After some research, it appears each guest is allowed to bring (1)  each. Just want to ensure that is true- only one at embarkation. Also, does it go in carry-on bags, or the large luggage dropped at the pier?

We will be on the Millennium departure from Vancouver in a couple weeks.

I’m not sure where you did your research, but you were misinformed. Each guest can bring two bottles aboard on embarkation day.   They can be in your carry-on or in your checked luggage. Most people probably bring them as carry-on so there’s less likelihood of breakage.

23 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

I presume you know this, but just in case you do not: there is a Captains Club discount of 10-20% on "any bottle of wine" depending on your loyalty tier.  There is some debate (in my mind) on whether this discount is for one bottle or more because in the past it used to be limited to one.  However there has been at least one Cruise Critic member who recently reported that they were able to use the discount for multiple bottles during their sailing.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Looking at the list, there was at least one bottle for $28 and several in the 30s.

I guess I only recall the pricing for wines that are potentially drinkable 😉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I’m not sure where you did your research, but you were misinformed. Each guest can bring two bottles aboard on embarkation day.   They can be in your carry-on or in your checked luggage. Most people probably bring them as carry-on so there’s less likelihood of breakage.

Oh - that’s good news (two each). 

Before I posted the question, a google search did come up with 2 each, but it seems the Celebrity fine print mentioned 1. Can’t recall exactly where I saw that fine print…maybe when doing the early check-in on the app? 

On 5/15/2023 at 7:42 PM, WestLakeGirl said:

It has never been one per person. At one time it was two per stateroom, which is not always the same thing, but now it is two per person

As of Feb this year on UK sailings to come inline with RC, it is now 1 bottle per person 

IMG_6625.png

18 minutes ago, fizzy1 said:

As of Feb this year on UK sailings to come inline with RC, it is now 1 bottle per person 

IMG_6625.png

Interesting.  The only reference I have is the alcohol section in the FAQs on Celebrity's website: link

image.jpeg.71bfa4df0011980b2437b380bef6d174.jpeg

9 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

IMG_6625.png

I have to ask where this text came from.  It has several typos and doesn't make sense as it is worded.

Each guest of drinking age can bring one bottle... per stateroom... if there's a guest of drinking age in the stateroom.

We didn't purchase a drinks package for our upcoming cruise. Does anyone know the cost for Fre alcohol-removed wines by the glass and by the bottle? I didn't see them listed in the app. Are they available at the bars and the MDR? Also, I've read that X carries red, white, rosé, and sparkling brut. I guess I assumed the "red" is their red blend. Is the "white" on board their zinfandel, moscato, or chardonnay?

I'm surprised by the extremely reasonable prices for vintage/non vintage Champagne, in particular Cristal, DP, Krug & Krug Rose as well as Taittinger Comtes.

Almost feels like it's a better value to go to specialty dining and open a bottle of that compared to doing the Veuve Dinner.

21 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Interesting.  The only reference I have is the alcohol section in the FAQs on Celebrity's website: link

image.jpeg.71bfa4df0011980b2437b380bef6d174.jpeg

Do you happen to know if the corkage fee applies if you only imbibe the wine in your stateroom?  Or is it automatic when you board? 

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Do you happen to know if the corkage fee applies if you only imbibe the wine in your stateroom?  Or is it automatic when you board? 

Back in the old days, if you drank the wine that you embarked with in your cabin, there was no corkage fee.  Bring the bottle to the MDR to enjoy with dinner (instead of buying wine at the MDR), you were charged the corkage fee.  

Today, you still do not incur a corkage fee if you drink your wine in your stateroom.  But now, if you have a classic or premium drink package, you can enjoy your wine at the MDR (or anywhere) with no corkage fee imposed.

In neither of the above cases are you automatically charged when you board.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Not automatic when you board.  Enjoy it in your stateroom and there will never be a corkage

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 5/17/2023 at 9:09 PM, WestLakeGirl said:

Not automatic when you board.  Enjoy it in your stateroom and there will never be a corkage

I know this is nearly a year later but the current policy seems to state 1 bottle per person and that Celebrity can charge the corkage fee automatically when you board if you don't have a beverage package.  I remember seeing one or two reports of them noting and adding the charge upon boarding although that seems to be few and far between perhaps a pilot program to see if Celebrity can get away with it without too much outrage.  So I am not sure I would say "never" because it clearly is within the written current guidelines.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/conduct-policy#alcohol-policy

Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such containers. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship's personnel. Alcohol secured by ship's personnel will be returned to guests just prior to the conclusion of their cruise vacation. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

5 minutes ago, FeliciaB said:

I know this is nearly a year later but the current policy seems to state 1 bottle per person and that Celebrity can charge the corkage fee automatically when you board if you don't have a beverage package.  I remember seeing one or two reports of them noting and adding the charge upon boarding although that seems to be few and far between perhaps a pilot program to see if Celebrity can get away with it without too much outrage.  So I am not sure I would say "never" because it clearly is within the written current guidelines.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/conduct-policy#alcohol-policy

Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such containers. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship's personnel. Alcohol secured by ship's personnel will be returned to guests just prior to the conclusion of their cruise vacation. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Unfortunately, in their efforts (apparently) to increase plain language in their legal requirements, Celebrity (in fairness, probably across RCG) has made many things less clear. I've never known of anyone to assess a corkage fee at boarding. The security screeners work for the ports, not the cruise line. Each cruise line has its own rules. While I don't disagree that your interpretation is supported by the way the policy is written, it's not the way the policy has ever been applied that I'm aware of. I don't recall the reports you're noting, and that would have been a thread that lasted for days or weeks! 

The old policy was clear that corkage fees were only charged in public venues. That may well be clear somewhere else in current documents, but not here, where you'd be most likely to look for it.

• Like 1