Margic carpet

patterson3

Just now, patterson3 said:

Interesting. Is that because it's too windy? I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to enjoy

a view like.

My own first hand experience is the seating isn't all that comfortable particularly during long periods of time.  Many loungers (way more comfortable and the back has an adjustable recline angle) have a simular view

• Thanks 1

I think It is another one of Kelly’s design for looks over comfort.   The seating isn’t that  comfortable.  It is windy and in the sun.  

Nothing that I want or desired to hangout at.    I been on the Edge class ships for at least 2 months in total and probably spent 30 minutes at that bar, and that was to try one of the drinks on their menu.  

I guess it depends on what you like.  If you like being on the sun, and wind then it would be OK.

To answer your question there is no line waiting to get on and it usually isn’t crowded.  Always seats available. You just walk in like any other bar or lounge.   Didn’t  notice anything special about the view. No different that sitting on your balcony or anywhere else with an ocean view.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

If it usually us not very crowded, is it a success or a waste of money? Otherwise,  why is Celebrity continuing putting something that looks like a crane or rocket gantry on their ships? It makes the ship look like a cargo or maritime research vessel. Ugly as sin.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

If it usually us not very crowded, is it a success or a waste of money? Otherwise,  why is Celebrity continuing putting something that looks like a crane or rocket gantry on their ships? It makes the ship look like a cargo or maritime research vessel. Ugly as sin.

Could not agree more...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's not very popular except during sailaway

Actually when we were on the partial PC transit cruise this year, even on a sea day it was hard to get a seat. We overhead a few say this is actually nice, I thought it was a gimmick lol.

I like it…very unique perspective, IMHO. If we all liked the exact things, things would get boring quick. Different venues for different times are nice to me..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cgolf1 said:

Actually when we were on the partial PC transit cruise this year, even on a sea day it was hard to get a seat. We overhead a few say this is actually nice, I thought it was a gimmick lol.

Walked by several times on 2 sea days, everyone who was there was either at the bar or at the hi-top; no one was sitting anywhere.  I wouldn't exactly call it a gimmick but if I could take a Vegas bet on whether or not the next class of ships will have it, it wouldn't

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

Could not agree more...

Ditto...Worse, due to the ongoing maintenance, I'm sure it slightly increases your cruise fare.  It was expensive to build, there's on going maintenance and it can block the views from staterooms.  Does X think the magic carpet was worth the cost (rhetorical)?

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Walked by several times on 2 sea days, everyone who was there was either at the bar or at the hi-top; no one was sitting anywhere.  I wouldn't exactly call it a gimmick but if I could take a Vegas bet on whether or not the next class of ships will have it, it wouldn't

Our cruise could have been an outlier, but we had a hard time getting a seat that wasn't at the bar. Actually annoyed us because we wanted to sit out there.

24 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

Our cruise could have been an outlier, but we had a hard time getting a seat that wasn't at the bar. Actually annoyed us because we wanted to sit out there.

Got it, which ship?  I'll share my specifics if anyone cares...Edge in the summer of 2021, wasn't busy; 65% capacity sailing in the Caribbean...Recently off the Beyond, also wasn't busy, 75% capacity sailing in Europe

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

26 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I wouldn't think it would be a cheap add on....lots of moving parts, etc...

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Got it, which ship?  I'll my specific if anyone cares...Edge in the summer of 2021, wasn't busy; 65% capacity sailing in the Caribbean...Recently off the Beyond, also wasn't busy, 75% capacity sailing in Europe

Edge Feb13-24th 2023 Partial PC, Ship was sailing at capacity and it definitely felt like it. Was also hard to get a seat at a show too. We stood in back for a couple of shows.

Edited by cgolf1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PTC DAWG said:

I wouldn't think it would be a cheap add on....lots of moving parts, etc...

Additionally, if there's ever a freak accident of the ship colliding into something, even if it wasn't X's fault, if the M.C. gets damaged they'd need to do some major engineering along side all phases of the repair...All that gets bundled into X's ship's insurance premiums