Mexican Riviera

Gigi816

11 minutes ago, Gigi816 said:

Has anyone taken the Mexican Riviera cruise before? If so, how'd you like it? My husband and I are looking to book one for Feb/March 2024.

We did one end of Feburary. It was nice but it was COLD. It actually snowed on the way from Enesenada back to LA. It is not typical but something to keep in mind. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gigi816 said:

Has anyone taken the Mexican Riviera cruise before? If so, how'd you like it? My husband and I are looking to book one for Feb/March 2024.

Hubby and I did this Itinerary on the Bliss a month ago, and 14 years ago. We've enjoyed the cruises and the ports. However, we truly enjoy our Caribbean cruises better, because (for the most part) the water and the ports seem cleaner.

1 minute ago, ggTexasGal said:

Hubby and I did this Itinerary on the Bliss a month ago, and 14 years ago. We've enjoyed the cruises and the ports. However, we truly enjoy our Caribbean cruises better, because (for the most part) the water and the ports seem cleaner.

We've taken several Caribbean cruises and have enjoyed all of them. Looking to change it up a bit on our next cruise.

6 minutes ago, psuboater said:

We did one end of Feburary. It was nice but it was COLD. It actually snowed on the way from Enesenada back to LA. It is not typical but something to keep in mind. 

Oh no, I'm not looking for a cold cruise. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since we live in Northern and previously Southern California the Mexican Riveria is a plus for us as no long air travel. We did sail on the Star in March years back and the weather was great. We did not need any sweaters etc once we arrived in Mexico and when we boarded we did not have any jackets on leaving from Los Angeles. The rest of the cruises were all in the summer months. The weather will not be "summer temperatures" but it will not be cold. 

• Like 1

I did this cruise on the Bliss in October/November 2019 (yes, I was on board for Halloween).  I enjoyed it, the ports (PV, Mazatlan, Cabo) were really nice, the weather wasn't too bad.  I checked all the boxes for excursions - through the cruise line, private booking, no excursion at all and just walked the city (not in the order I mentioned the ports).

We went last month on the Jewel. Cabo is much too touristy for my liking and I really don't get what's so special about a rock, I mean arch. But Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan were great. I would book the itenerary again in a heartbeat, I just have to find the time to do that and everything else I wanna do. 

18 hours ago, psuboater said:

We had friends who went the week prior and enjoyed high 70s/low 80s. We enjoyed none of that 😂

This past winter was the wettest and coldest winter we've ever had in California. It was an outlier. 

If you want a better chance for warmer weather, see if you can push it out until April-ish.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, carohs said:

We went last month on the Jewel. Cabo is much too touristy for my liking and I really don't get what's so special about a rock, I mean arch. But Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan were great. I would book the itenerary again in a heartbeat, I just have to find the time to do that and everything else I wanna do. 

The Arch- Geologic Marker dividing the Gulf of California and the Pacific Ocean

19 hours ago, Gigi816 said:

I have done many MR cruises, the port is close so no flying.

These are really nice cruises but they are not like the Caribbean.

As others have said, its cooler leaving and coming back from the port but once you're closer to Mexico, the weather is nice and warm. If you do go in Feb/March, you have a better chance of seeing whales as well.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

We've done it many times -- it's almost a home port because I have family in Los Angeles.  Bonus, lots of good whale watching during the migration season if you're into that.  The ports are pleasant & walkable if you don't want to fuss with excursions.   In late spring/early summer, you can hit foggy & cool weather on sea days between Los Angeles & Mexico, the locals call this "June gloom" (which is sometimes "May grey".)  But it's light-sweater cool, not heavy-jacket cool.  

42 minutes ago, Gigi816 said:

Thanks so much for the great feedback! We live in the Midwest so going somewhere where it's 70-80 degrees vs 30 degrees in Feb/March is a bonus! 

Historically, Feb/ March are the rainiest months for Los Angeles.  Be prepared for for much cooler weather than 70-80 degrees ( in Los Angeles).  Bring an umbrella.  They are predicting El Nino year next year ( I think that's what I heard).  Meaning more rain in this area than usual ( sort of like what happened this year).

• Like 1