BUGGY LAGGY MESS

stringbean10

I have had nothing but laggy buggy trouble with both the website and the app.  The website is truly AWFUL.  I know Princess skews older and I cannot imagine my parents trying to navigate all of the issues I have had with Princess.  Am I the only one? 

Why is the website so counter intuitive?  Why are your current bookings so tricky to find?  Why does my booking number randomly disappear from the website?

The App is more intuitive but so laggy!  I have great internet and a new iphone - I am very web savvy.  

Am I the only one that struggles with Princess tech?  I'm about to pull my hair out! 

I find the website to be fine.  A heckuva lot easier than Celebrity.  To find your bookings all you have to do is go to booked guests and then access your personalizer.. everything you need is there

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stringbean10 said:

I have had nothing but laggy buggy trouble with both the website and the app.  The website is truly AWFUL.  I know Princess skews older and I cannot imagine my parents trying to navigate all of the issues I have had with Princess.  Am I the only one? 

Why is the website so counter intuitive?  Why are your current bookings so tricky to find?  Why does my booking number randomly disappear from the website?

The App is more intuitive but so laggy!  I have great internet and a new iphone - I am very web savvy.  

Am I the only one that struggles with Princess tech?  I'm about to pull my hair out! 

There is a sticky thread at the top of Princess forum page 1 and over 5,000 complaints, tips and advice.  No, you are far from alone.  These 5,000+ posts are not all that has been posted as the referenced thread is number three in the series.  The App has been live for almost two full years now (June 7, 2021, IIRC) and still buggier than a swamp cesspool in summer.  That said, a lot of the issues have been data corruption and not necessarily programmed bugs.

• Like 1

I chose Princess for my dad and I this summer.  He struggles with Princess all the time.  He tries to call them.... because he can't make the website work.  Let's say it will probably be his last cruise . 

1 hour ago, suekel said:

I find the website to be fine.  A heckuva lot easier than Celebrity.  To find your bookings all you have to do is go to booked guests and then access your personalizer.. everything you need is there

I have to disagree. I find Celebrity much more intuitive and easier.   This is what the choices look like under booked guests:

Cruise Personalizer®

Get Vacation Protection

Add Flights & Transfers

Book Excursions

Shop Activities & Services

"Cruise Personalizer" is confusing.  I promise that there are ways to make this easier to navigate and more clear for users.  It is a very bad website both visually and in utility.  It is also frustrating that the website then directs you to the app to accomplish tasks.  Why not link both?  Awful. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stringbean10 said:

I have great internet and a new iphone - I am very web savvy.  

iphone and web savvy do not mix in the same sentence. Apples operating system and browsers are severely limiting. As bad as the app is, it works much better on Android or win based systems. 

I find that once one logs onto the Princess site it is extremely easy to find all bookings, etc. If one doesn't create a user ID and password and tries to do everything as a "guest" or whatever it may be more difficult. I'm 70 and have zero issues - aside from the fact that they moved stuff to the app. I don't seem to have problems with the online version of the app info either. Of course, I tend to use a computer rather than a phone or a tablet...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

Princess should hire you to do PR.

No. They already have a "rah rah" guy in charge. That's one of the biggest problems....

I have pretty much zero issues with the app or website either but that doesn't mean that all is hunky dory with the app.

3 hours ago, Kay S said:

Princess should hire you to do PR.

Not me! I have problems as to why some things can only be done on the website (Ex: Excursion reservations), I also think the daily schedule on the app is so unwieldy as to be virtually unusable. I also question boarding times which are totally ignored and that they never ask to see the QR code when checking in, so why bother? I have an IPhone so I probably did not run into the problems that the users of other smartphones have experienced.

31 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

I have an IPhone so I probably did not run into the problems that the users of other smartphones have experienced.

I've seen multitudinous posts by iPhone users who have issues. Same with Android users. My wife's crappy Android phone "sort of" runs the app but it's a cheap phone. I have a (older now) Samsung S10e (the small S10) and it runs the app quite well. I just ordered my wife a phone like mine but it's used from Amazon so was not real expensive. It should also have no issue running the app.