Sky princess buffet theme nights

Jeter02

I love how now they put a little flyer in your cabin the first day of the cruise letting you know what all the dinner theme nights are in the buffet.

Just curious for those who are currently on board, what the theme nights are looking like for a 14 day sailing. If anyone is able to share I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't particularly eat in the leader deck especially for dinner but I do love to me under around to see what's available. Plus I do enjoy a good ramen/dumpling bar, they usually offer.

9 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I love how now they put a little flyer in your cabin the first day of the cruise letting you know what all the dinner theme nights are in the buffet.

Just curious for those who are currently on board, what the theme nights are looking like for a 14 day sailing. If anyone is able to share I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't particularly eat in the leader deck especially for dinner but I do love to me under around to see what's available. Plus I do enjoy a good ramen/dumpling bar, they usually offer.

I wish other ships would do that!  

Is the Sky still doing that?

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

I wish other ships would do that!  

Is the Sky still doing that?

I know besides the Sky, the Enchanted, the Regal, and the Discovery are all doing that and I love that it's what I thought was becoming fleetwide.

17 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I know besides the Sky, the Enchanted, the Regal, and the Discovery are all doing that and I love that it's what I thought was becoming fleetwide.

They didn’t do it on Enchanted, 2 cruises in March.

Would be great!  Variety…😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They didn’t do it on Enchanted, 2 cruises in March.

Would be great!  Variety…😆

That's a shame! I know they had it back in December when I was last on the Enchanted. 

6 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Theme nights in the buffet are not new.  Been around forever.  A little note in the cabin is new.

Well that's what I'm referring to is the note. Otherwise you always had to look on the patter and the fine print on the hours of the locations and they used to quietly list it there.

6 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Well that's what I'm referring to is the note. Otherwise you always had to look on the patter and the fine print on the hours of the locations and they used to quietly list it there.

I can see it will make things easier for everyone.

Just now, Kay S said:

I can see it will make things easier for everyone.

Indeed. This new way definitely gets you excited in preparation of what's to come. However with the old pattern way it did have that little element of surprise.

Below is a scan of the document left in staterooms on embarkation day regarding the daily menu themes in the World Fresh Marketplace.  This is from the 01 April 2023 Sky Princess sailing.

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Below is a scan of the document left in staterooms on embarkation day regarding the daily menu themes in the World Fresh Marketplace.  This is from the 01 April 2023 Sky Princess sailing.

image.jpeg

Amazing! Thank you so much ☺️

• Like 1

That is neat to have the theme nights listed out for the whole cruise.  Was on the Regal for 3 cruises last fall and 2 this past March and never received any notice like the above.  Always looked at the next day's  Patter each night to check out what would be in the buffet.  We are on the Sky in June and July and hope they have this when we are on board.

Edited by coo359a2

I think having the buffet menu pre-published on embarkation day is unique to the Sky Princess.  Haven't seen this much organization on any other Princess ship.  This kind of stuff requires lots of preparation by the ship's provisioner.  I'm used to being served whatever the buffet cooks can scrape up towards the end of a long sailing.

22 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

I think having the buffet menu pre-published on embarkation day is unique to the Sky Princess.  Haven't seen this much organization on any other Princess ship.  This kind of stuff requires lots of preparation by the ship's provisioner.  I'm used to being served whatever the buffet cooks can scrape up towards the end of a long sailing.

They had it on my Sky, Enchanted, Discovery and Regal sailings

We are currently on the Sky but did not receive any type of "menu" as is being described...but then our steward has not been the best we've seen. We've had to ask for several things that are *always* in the cabin when we arrive.

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We are currently on the Sky but did not receive any type of "menu" as is being described...but then our steward has not been the best we've seen. We've had to ask for several things that are *always* in the cabin when we arrive.

Hopefully it will get better throughout the cruise.

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

There definitely was a difference when we boarded the Emerald in May 2022. We knew about there being no more tote bags. But the thing I missed the most was a pen and pad of paper. I asked our steward and he did dig a set up and bring it to me.

What other things were you looking for?

Edited by nini
spelling

1 minute ago, nini said:

There definitely was a difference when we boarded the Emerald in May 2022. We knew about there being no more tote bags. But the thing I missed the most was a pen and pad of paper. I asked our steward and he did dig a set up and bring it to me.

What other things were you looking for?

There was no laundry bag and laundry "tickets". Had to chase someone down in the hall to get bathroom tissue (half a roll when we got into our cabin). No pen or pad. Have not had any totes for at least 4 or 5 cruises now, but really don't care about those. We have quite the collection at home now. Seems like there was something else but it doesn't come to mind right now. 

10 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

There was no laundry bag and laundry "tickets". Had to chase someone down in the hall to get bathroom tissue (half a roll when we got into our cabin). No pen or pad. Have not had any totes for at least 4 or 5 cruises now, but really don't care about those. We have quite the collection at home now. Seems like there was something else but it doesn't come to mind right now. 

bummer! He/ She was not quite together.