Door decorations

fizzy1

Go for it.  Everyone enjoys a well decorated door.  It helps you (and all around you) locate their cabin.

As for me, I post a daily sheet that reads something like "If it's Tuesday, we must be in Quebec" with a suitable picture.  Always garners nice comments.

40 minutes ago, fizzy1 said:

I have a few very nice cruise/ sailing themed door magnets . Is Celebrity ok with having a few on the outside of our cabin door or will  they be taken down by our room steward  ?

They sure won't be taken down by the room steward...more likely, they'll be taken down by jealous folk stealing them to use on their next cruise!!! LOL!!!  🤣

Seriously though, enjoy yourselves!! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CaribbeanBound said:

Go for it.  Everyone enjoys a well decorated door.  It helps you (and all around you) locate their cabin.

As for me, I post a daily sheet that reads something like "If it's Tuesday, we must be in Quebec" with a suitable picture.  Always garners nice comments.

I lived in Quebec for 30 years and I have to admit I have never heard that expression before. Care to expand. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

I lived in Quebec for 30 years and I have to admit I have never heard that expression before. Care to expand. 

I think it's a takeoff of the old movie 'If This is Tuesday, It Must be Belgium'...I'm assuming CaribbeanBound was in Quebec at the time...

Then again, I could be completely wrong!! I'm sure they will clarify...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

we have  found that Celeb door decor is  more muted.. Happy b day, Anniv or  Just Married messages  .etc

Royal as always more over the top!

Holidays are always nice on both esp Halloween and NY Eve

We put a stocking, decorations and even a small string of battery-operated LED's on our door this past Christmas. Not only weren't they taken down, someone put candy in the stocking. It was nice to come back to every evening.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fizzy1 said:

I have a few very nice cruise/ sailing themed door magnets . Is Celebrity ok with having a few on the outside of our cabin door or will  they be taken down by our room steward  ?

We occasionally will decorate our cabin door--if there is an occasion.  Here is one door that I photographed during our Constellation transatlantic in Oct 2022:

image.thumb.jpeg.7ddacf36994211521d9b3d6093c2a59e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just back from an Apex sailing. Friends of ours we were sailing with surprised us with door decorations to celebrate our birthdays! Believe it or not, this was our very first time ever sailing with a decorated door! It stayed up all week. 

Edited by FlyingAnchor

43 minutes ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Just back from an Apex sailing. Friends of ours we were sailing with surprised us with door decorations to celebrate our birthdays! Believe it or not, this was our very first time ever sailing with a decorated door! It stayed up all week. 

Nice.  That reminds me of the time that my 2 kids and I secretly decorated my sister's cabin door (Mercury, 1998) to celebrate her 30th birthday.  It also happened to me her first cruise.

4 hours ago, Pinboy said:

I don't see any upside-down pineapples on any door .

No wonder Carnival " fun-seekers "  call us Celebrity cruisers " boring ".

That’s not always true.  Celebrity folks can have a fun time as well.  Maybe just not as obvious. 🙂

On our last cruise someone took one of our door magnets.  I told my Butler and he said they can look at the security cameras.   I didn’t pursue it as I felt if someone cruising on Celebrity is that hard up that they need a magnet then let them have it.  There were also over 400 children on board so it may have been one of them.   Let them have their fun.   I didn’t want them to get in trouble.   We were all kids at one time and did stupid pranks.  I felt it was a pay back for what I did.   Burning bag on the porch fill with dog poop. , ringing doorbells. T P ing trees,  waxing windows, letting air out of tires, potato in the exhaust pipe, I could go on and on.  

It was only a swivel hook magnet that we used to hold up the door decoration. I bought them on Amazon. Paid $14 for ten 60 lb magnets.   Being as strong as it was it didn’t fall off.  

Just be prepared to losing it to a prankster going back to their cabin after the bars close.  

If it is something that you treasure then let security know and they will get it back thru photo recognition and maybe ban them from cruising on X again.  I didn’t  want that to happen to anyone who was also  just having ‘fun”

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Haha 1

I always put a magnetic hanging on the outside of my cabin door to help me identify my door from all the others.  One time one of my magnetic pieces found its way onto a door down the hallway from my cabin.  At least the person put it on their door so I was able to take it back to where it belonged!

@Kelownadon Not much to explain.

Each small poster simply reminds anyone looking at it (including me) what day it is and where we are that day.  I post one for each day of the voyage.

This is an example for 4 days...

If today is Tuesday, we must be in Quebec.

If today is Wednesday, we must be at Sea

If today is Thursday, it must in Charlottetown

If today is Friday, join us in Boston

@dlh015 Very good!  yes, this is a takeoff of the old movie 'If This is Tuesday, It Must be Belgium'.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, miched said:

If it is something that you treasure then let security know and they will get it back thru photo recognition and maybe ban them from cruising on X again.

If it is something you treasure why put it on the door in the first place?   And a permanent ban for taking a door decoration?  Really??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1