Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Bad dress rehearsal always means great show! Cheers! Have a wonderful cruise. I’m on my Virgin VV in December so will love to follow your fun escapades! 

IMG_3471.jpeg

I forgot about that saying! 🤣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Bad dress rehearsal always means great show! Cheers! Have a wonderful cruise. I’m on my Virgin VV in December so will love to follow your fun escapades! 

IMG_3471.jpeg

As someone that works in the theatre industry, I concur! When things go swimmingly at dress we are always like “what’s going to go wrong on opening”. When things go tits up at dress we can fix them and have a smooth show. Moral of the story…this cruise will be awesome 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

PXL_20230520_233920406.thumb.jpg.d6fd84d991fddbbbbf4e42922fdc9443.jpg

PXL_20230520_233925316.jpg

Sid, you really should pursue something with photography as you have such a knack for capturing sites. The buildings you shoot always come out amazing, I could take a picture and it would not look like this.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

About 9:30 on Saturday evening, and I guess I'm about to put in my ear plugs and call it a night... I'm hoping and praying for a smoother travel day tomorrow. Worst come to worst, I could actually walk to the port with my suitcase from here... Goodnight Cruise Critic, and I hope to see you all here tomorrow for embarkation day of the Scarlet Lady!...

Good Morning Sid. Looking forward to today. Enjoy.

• Haha 1

Wow, what a bunch of crazy dreams... This hotel has black out blinds, but normally you can tell when it's getting light out by the glow around the edges. Well, I had a feeling it should be light, so I pried the corner away, and it was broad daylight... I checked the clock on the little iPad thing, and it was 7:30... I decided to go ahead and sleep another hour, since I don't have to be there till 1:00... 

At some point during a dream, and there were many, I was doing something on the computer and it said 10:42 on the clock. I panicked, and soon woke up. In reality it was 8:36, so I was relieved.

Do you want to know something else I don't like about this hotel? There's NO COFFEE MAKER in the room, so now I have to try and figure out where I'm going to get that... Anyhoo, I guess that I better start getting this show on the road...

PXL_20230521_124827461.jpg

• Like 23

Now, apparently the breakfast buffet isn't free after all. There's a guy going around telling people to check in for it. I'm not giving this hotel another penny, even if I have to just go to McDonald's...

• Like 15

There were about fifty people standing around in McDonald's waiting for their order, so I just walked a mile or so down to Whole Foods... No way I was just going to stand around in there for who knows how long.

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm not giving this hotel another penny, even if I have to just go to McDonald's...

Did you collect your "freebies" from the hotel? That "chic" tote bag could make a good day beach bag. Not that your normal one doesn't work. 😁

"All Miami guests receive a chic tote bag, a refillable water bottle, a free welcome drink (alcohol for 21+ only), and exclusive access to private beach in South Beach (including two beach chairs and towels)."

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This mornings adventure was average at best. I did get in a good couple of miles walk though. I'm going to start getting ready, as I've got to vacate the room at 11:00... I may just hang out in the lobby after that, as I would have to drag my bags around wherever I might go. I'm hoping and praying for a HUGE improvement in my day later on!

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, VictorWI said:

Did you collect your "freebies" from the hotel? That "chic" tote bag could make a good day beach bag. Not that your normal one doesn't work. 😁

"All Miami guests receive a chic tote bag, a refillable water bottle, a free welcome drink (alcohol for 21+ only), and exclusive access to private beach in South Beach (including two beach chairs and towels)."

I see a tote bag but no water bottle. I don't need any more junk, especially if it reminds me of this hotel...

• Like 1
  • Haha 20

4 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This mornings adventure was average at best. I did get in a good couple of miles walk though. I'm going to start getting ready, as I've got to vacate the room at 11:00... I may just hang out in the lobby after that, as I would have to drag my bags around wherever I might go. I'm hoping and praying for a HUGE improvement in my day later on!

An average adventure is always better than a good day at work!  😉

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

There were about fifty people standing around in McDonald's waiting for their order, so I just walked a mile or so down to Whole Foods... No way I was just going to stand around in there for who knows how long.

Did you finally get your coffee and breakfast? 

IMG_4159.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

23 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I don’t believe a card is ever an options. The bracelet serves as your cabin key and your card to purchase items. It’s made sustainably from recycled items and what not. 

23 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Actually, it is an option (at least according to their website)

I do not like wearing things on my wrist, are there other options other than the wearable?

--There are plenty of ways to rock The Band based on your style. Wear it as a bracelet, on your belt or simply tuck it in your pocket, we'll give you The Band as a keepsake no matter how you want to carry it. However, if you prefer a key card, we'll have some on standby at the terminal. Please note, fun extras like Shake for Champagne, ShipEats on the pool deck and quick access to events is not available with a standard key card.

My question is better defined as "Can you get a key card in ADDITION to the band?" as some folks keep the key cards as souvenirs.

23 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

That’s interesting. It’s never been mentioned in training. I wonder if it’s still an option or if it’s like them sending the bracelets pre cruise… use to be an option but not anymore. I’ll have to inquire. 

On our December cruise we had two rooms booked, one in my name and the other in my husband's, but the second room actually held our two sons and a friend (their Christmas gift was partly paid by Virgin). We went to sailor services the first night to inquire about swapping our bands around to match where we were staying and they said they couldn't but they could give us room cards for the other room. Spent the whole week with a bracelet for one room, and paying for my drinks, and a room key tucked in my bra for my actual room.  Aside from the funny looks I would get when holding my chest up to the sensor to open my door it all worked well for us and we ended up with both a band and a card. The card has no logo or anything on it, just white and basic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12