Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

That second drink was better, but not $18.36 better...

Geez, that $600 bar tab offer will go pretty quickly with those drink prices. I wish VV had a beverage package. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, cavenger said:

This sounds like the worst

cruise ever at this point. 

I definitely wouldn't say that, but I do wish that they were more transparent with the drink prices. When you're sitting at the bar, you don't want to seem like a cheapskate, asking "how much is this or that", but I've been ordering top shelf tequila, and the price has ranged from $14 to $24... That's quite a variance in my opinion...

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I definitely wouldn't say that, but I do wish that they were more transparent with the drink prices. When you're sitting at the bar, you don't want to seem like a cheapskate, asking "how much is this or that", but I've been ordering top shelf tequila, and the price has ranged from $14 to $24... That's quite a variance in my opinion...

I’d be heading to Guest Services to raise a concern about the price of that last drink…

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I would be interested to hear what sailor services would say if you asked why the same drink is more in a different bar..

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Geez, that $600 bar tab offer will go pretty quickly with those drink prices. I wish VV had a beverage package. 

Exactly same thing I was thinking about. It’d be at least $200 pppd for bar tab on Virgin. Oh boy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Okay, they're breaking my balls with these drink prices... That one was $23 and change. I'm going to have to start getting an estimate before ordering.

Screenshot_20230521-183140.png

Ouch. Did they use 1942 in it?

• Like 2

At Extra Virgin now, and testing out their top shelf margarita. This is for sure the best one so far, and not $24... The bartender said to ask for a price when ordering. I showed him the variance in pricing I've received so far.

PXL_20230522_005024714.thumb.jpg.ed49c3b5b512d152d63a147d092dcfa7.jpg

PXL_20230522_005029786.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 19

One more, as long as they're coming in hot... (And, not $24) 

These Patron reposado margs are running me $15 here... The guy says he works at the Dock House during the day, so maybe my "main guy" from now on.

PXL_20230522_010125837.thumb.jpg.4a350edfe4e59294eb95058cae5c7fa0.jpg

PXL_20230522_010143302.jpg

• Like 25

Personally I would be asking for the charges to either be corrected or removed. You don’t even have to go to sailor services. Just send them a message on the app. What’s the worst that could happen?

• Like 9

That was probably my last one tonight... Seems like it's been a really long day, but a lot of it was spent waiting at the hotel, and then waiting again at the port for so long... Finally on board, things have zigged and zagged, but mostly for the better. It's just a process trying to find my groove once on board... 

Hopefully tomorrow everything will be reset for the better, and I've got (possibly) my new main bartender on board... 

• Like 17

I made up a little ground at least at the Extra Virgin Bar... Once I started throwing cash tips on the bar, suddenly a couple of my drinks ended up being no charge... (***Don't tell Virgin Voyages,)

• Like 14
  • Haha 7

I thought about doing the Grog Walk tonight, but I've already been drinking all day, and it's only now about to start... It was probably the thing that got me an invite to a secret party last cruise, but I don't need no secret party, I'm a party of one... 

• Like 10
  • Haha 10

Just now, sid_9169 said:

I thought about doing the Grog Walk tonight, but I've already been drinking all day, and it's only now about to start... It was probably the thing that got me an invite to a secret party last cruise, but I don't need no secret party, I'm a party of one... 

A one man wolf pack!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I made up a little ground at least at the Extra Virgin Bar... Once I started throwing cash tips on the bar, suddenly a couple of my drinks ended up being no charge... (***Don't tell Virgin Voyages,)

I was thinking they might have programmed drink prices base on Sailors Loot or from a credit card.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

At Extra Virgin now, and testing out their top shelf margarita. This is for sure the best one so far, and not $24... The bartender said to ask for a price when ordering. I showed him the variance in pricing I've received so far.

PXL_20230522_005024714.thumb.jpg.ed49c3b5b512d152d63a147d092dcfa7.jpg

PXL_20230522_005029786.jpg

To me it seems like the bartenders get a percentage of each drink they pour, so they're charging what they think you will pay. Not fact, just an observation. 😎

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Hopefully tomorrow everything will be reset for the better, and I've got (possibly) my new main bartender on board... 

Is his name like Fabio? I had a guy at the Dock who was super chatty and nice with that name. The other two people who knew my drink immediately and had it in my hand in minutes were also at the dock...inside part, whatever that is called.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

If I get myself one of these future voyage credits I could be buying myself a bottle of Dom Perignon or two...

PXL_20230522_012228701.jpg

That's what I got for my June one.

• Like 6