Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

“Today is the first day of the rest of your life”... 

Another one of those sayings that everyone’s heard, but nobody really knows who actually said it first. If you’ve followed any of my prior reviews over the years, then you already know about many of the problems I’ve been working on (or not) back home in my everyday life… I’ve been in a rut for so long now that it seems like it’s the only thing I know anymore… It seems like I’ve spent my whole life worrying about the little things when I should have been worrying about the big things. Now I find myself in my mid 50s, and having to try and reinvent myself almost entirely. 

Well, some things have happened in the past few months that have signaled that it’s now time to either try and fix the many things that have been plaguing my life for years, or just succumb to them all, and just give up. 

So now it’s time for me to put up or shut up… I have to turn the page on the past and try to make something out of my future, or there'll be no future for me… I’ve drifted for way too long, allowing the current to control my trajectory, rather than doing the hard work and truly taking control of my life. None of us ever knows whether we have 30 years left in our lives, or 6 months, or 3 days… This journey marks the end of “the old me”, and hopefully a whole new beginning. 

• Like 39

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I thought that quotation was from Confucious, and I was going to post that. But then I googled and found out that I was wrong though many do attribute it to Confucious.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Wikipedia

I think that the giveaway in this belief would be the the "mile" wasn't a unit of measurement that Confucius would have used...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Not sure if you've made plans, but if not, https://cozumelbarhop.com/ is a blast in Cozumel.

I've done that a few times years ago, but I do my own private bar hop now with my own driver. It's a great tour for people who've never seen the "other side" of the island, but Coconuts, one of their stops, is notorious for overcharging customers, as well as featuring some of the worst margaritas in Cozumel.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

I think that the giveaway in this belief would be the the "mile" wasn't a unit of measurement that Confucius would have used...

You obviously did not click on the link I provided, or else you would have seen it was a contemporary of Confucious, Lao Tze who said it.

• Like 1

I’ll be heading down one day prior to sailing as usual, due to all the unknowns nowadays when it comes to air travel. I purchased my flights with Delta months ago, and at a MUCH higher rate than I normally pay for a less than two hour flight from Atlanta to Miami. I’m test driving a brand new hotel this time, the citizenM Miami Brickell, which puts me smack dab in the middle of the action in the metropolis of the South. It’s supposed to be a nice place, and I guess that we’ll all find out together soon. I do know it’s only a block from one of my favorite drinking establishments in Miami, so that’s a bonus…

***Edited to add: I was digging through my paperwork this morning, and looked at the address for the hotel I booked back at the beginning of March. The hotel I actually booked is the citizenM Miami Worldcenter, which is downtown near Freedom Tower, and not the one in Brickell that I thought I'd booked. I considered cancelling and rebooking, but I'm cool being downtown instead...

Screenshot_20230506-085326.png

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You obviously did not click on the link I provided, or else you would have seen it was a contemporary of Confucious, Lao Tze who said it.

Hmm, not so obvious, and not that it makes a difference. Even Lao Tze wouldn't have used an imperial measurement. (The problem is "mile", not who might have said it)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I’ll be heading down one day prior to sailing as usual, due to all the unknowns nowadays when it comes to air travel. I purchased my flights with Delta months ago, and at a MUCH higher rate than I normally pay for a less than two hour flight from Atlanta to Miami. I’m test driving a brand new hotel this time, the citizenM Miami Brickell, which puts me smack dab in the middle of the action in the metropolis of the South. It’s supposed to be a nice place, and I guess that we’ll all find out together soon. I do know it’s only a block from one of my favorite drinking establishments in Miami, so that’s a bonus…

***Edited to add: I was digging through my paperwork this morning, and looked at the address for the hotel I booked back at the beginning of March. The hotel I actually booked is the citizenM Miami Worldcenter, which is downtown near Freedom Tower, and not the one in Brickell that I thought I'd booked. I considered cancelling and rebooking, but I'm cool being downtown instead...

Screenshot_20230506-085326.png

Sounds interesting...nice hotels in Miami. I'm partial (but not exclusive) to the Intercontinental next to the Bayside Marketplace.

From there, you can easily grab the Coral Way trolley to the Port of Miami for free.

• Like 3