Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

5 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Hmm, not so obvious, and not that it makes a difference. Even Lao Tze wouldn't have used an imperial measurement. (The problem is "mile", not who might have said it)

Mile must have come to be in the translation. After all, we are not reading the quotation in Chinese.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Sounds interesting...nice hotels in Miami. I'm partial (but not exclusive) to the Intercontinental next to the Bayside Marketplace.

From there, you can easily grab the Coral Way trolley to the Port of Miami for free.

That's good to know, thanks!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

That's good to know, thanks!

I probably should point out that the trolley only stops on the west end of Dodge Island (Purple T dots)

term.thumb.jpg.4eece0da3c287c68ca889b3d6c835056.jpg

Nice if you're sailing from Terminal D, E, F, G, J, or V but other than that you will have to walk...

• Like 2

Back home now for my "healthy dinner", a shrimp Louie salad from Atlanta Fish Market. I normally get the AFM chopped salad, but I wanted to test drive something new there. I probably would've been more happy with my regular order. This looks pretty skimpy for a $30 salad including tax and tip...

PXL_20230517_215535355.thumb.jpg.086fdb829f08367d431c950a857d64c9.jpg

PXL_20230517_215549032.jpg

• Like 13

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Back home now for my "healthy dinner", a shrimp Louie salad from Atlanta Fish Market. I normally get the AFM chopped salad, but I wanted to test drive something new there. I probably would've been more happy with my regular order. This looks pretty skimpy for a $30 salad including tax and tip...

PXL_20230517_215535355.thumb.jpg.086fdb829f08367d431c950a857d64c9.jpg

PXL_20230517_215549032.jpg

Looks yummy!  How does it taste?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I booked this sailing back in September 2022 under a promotion called Red Hot Booking Bonus Months, and received $400 in Sailor Loot. I got what I consider a pretty decent rate for an XL Sea Terrace, which is basically a regular Sea Terrace with an extra large bathroom. Not that I really needed it, but my very first cruise on Scarlet Lady back in October 2021, I was booked in one of these, and had it stripped out from under me less than 48 hours prior to sailing. Needless to say, I was pretty angry, but they claimed they needed my cabin as part of the quarantine area, as this was right at the tail end of the pandemic. 

A few weeks after booking, I submitted my information for their new “status match” program, and was approved in a couple of days. My Platinum status on NCL was good enough to receive this additional benefit, but I’d still have to wait awhile to see if this actually ended up being real. Since my very first cruise in October 2021 was a free cruise, won in their Shipload of Love contest, I failed to achieve status as a Sea Blazer by sailing in their first season. However, by sailing twice in 2022, I had apparently become a “Sea Rover”, but, like I said, I’ll believe any of these extra perks when I see them… 

About a month prior to setting sail, I called Virgin to see IF any of these supposed benefits would apply to my upcoming cruise, as none of this shows up on my booking, other than the $400 in Sailor Loot. Believe me, I screenshotted that $400 on all my mobile devices in case they try to rescind any of these perks. The customer service rep said that my status match would expire on April 30th 2023, BUT I would be receiving some perks due to their Match & See More, as well as Deep Blue Extras… Honestly, I thought the status match WAS the Match & See More, but she said it wasn’t… She said I’d just have to “trust that it’ll be there”... Well, I’ve already got several trust issues with them going all the way back to January 2020, but I’m just hoping it’ll be there. 

Screenshot_20230517-091000.png

Yay! I lubs me another Sid cruise. 

What is a Sea Terrace cabin? I and a Virgin virgin.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Yay! I lubs me another Sid cruise. 

What is a Sea Terrace cabin? I and a Virgin virgin.

Sea Terrace is basically a "balcony cabin" on other cruise lines... The XL Sea Terrace features a massive bathroom, but the rest of the cabin is pretty much like a regular Sea Terrace...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

citizenM Miami Brickell

I stayed at the CitizenM (Brickell) on Christmas Eve, thanks to Southwest cancelling my flight earlier that day. Airport to hotel: $2.25 via Metro...clean, efficient and easy. No fare card needed, just tap your credit card or apple pay as you enter and exit.

As for the hotel.....it's great for solos....but tough for couples due to the platform bed.

Room is controlled via a pad, just like Virgin.

Enjoy!

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 4

I wanted to work on my paintings for awhile, so I did that for a bit after eating then mixed up a nice fresh squeezed lime margarita... Don Julio Anejo, Grand Marnier,  Cointreau, and a tiny dash of agave syrup, each playing their role in the complexity of this homemade creation...

PXL_20230517_221414433.thumb.jpg.bacc0c3612e9b51341b92bf139dc5e66.jpg

PXL_20230517_221951782.jpg

• Like 17