Norwegian Spirit cancels Alaskan cruises for 2024 season

Sigyn

Was just reading that Norwegian Spirit has cancelled all of its Alaskan cruises for next year: https://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-spirit-2024-alaska-canceled/

All voyages previously scheduled to depart between July 3, 2024 and September 18, 2024 have now been canceled due to what the line says is a “full ship charter.”

I wonder who has chartered the ship?

Edited by njsmom
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

Was just reading that Norwegian Spirit has cancelled all of its Alaskan cruises for next year: https://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-spirit-2024-alaska-canceled/

All voyages previously scheduled to depart between July 3, 2024 and September 18, 2024 have now been canceled due to what the line says is a “full ship charter.”

I wonder who has chartered the ship?

Not confirmed but read it might be to house people for Olympics in Paris? Not sure where the ship would dock if true. The Seine?? LeHarve by vehicle is a few hours away

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, njkate said:

Not confirmed but read it might be to house people for Olympics in Paris? Not sure where the ship would dock if true. The Seine?? LeHarve by vehicle is a few hours away

You might be on to something here.  The Olympics are scheduled for July 26 - August 11, so this charter fits right in the middle.  I haven't read a detailed map of where all the events will be held, but traditionally they've been held all over the country, not just near the host city.  

Thanks, OP, for pointing us to this.  I'll follow along to see if we ever get an official answer.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, njkate said:

The Olympics are this summer?!?! I finally have a job that doesn't require 70 - 80 hour work weeks...maybe I'll finally be able to watch a good amount of Olympics.

And, hopefully be able to spot the Spirit in the background of some images. This cruiser feels it would be a cool human-interest story if NBC does a spotlight on the folks living aboard Spirit, if that's really what's happening. Coolio...as the kids so do not say!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

The Olympics are this summer?!?! I finally have a job that doesn't require 70 - 80 hour work weeks...maybe I'll finally be able to watch a good amount of Olympics.

And, hopefully be able to spot the Spirit in the background of some images. This cruiser feels it would be a cool human-interest story if NBC does a spotlight on the folks living aboard Spirit, if that's really what's happening. Coolio...as the kids so do not say!!!!

Nope, it's 2024. The topic header says so. 2024 season. And the Paris Olympics is in Summer 2024.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluesea777 said:

Nope, it's 2024. The topic header says so. 2024 season. And the Paris Olympics is in Summer 2024.

Reading comprehension gets me again! I was too excited...thanks for making sure I don't say anything stupid to co-workers. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Reading comprehension gets me again! I was too excited...thanks for making sure I don't say anything stupid to co-workers. 🙂

Don't kick yourself.  Remember, the 2020 Summer Olympics were in 2021...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, yankprintster said:

Wouldn't be a charter, but maybe this could be a 77-day NCL world cruise?

I was talking to my husband and we were taking about it being chartered for a world cruise for some billionaire and 1000 of his closest friends