TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

On 5/20/2023 at 4:01 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Errand soundtrack update - if you grew up in North Texas in the 90’s, you understand why a ubiquitous anthem this was 

IMG_9663.thumb.png.87f3a0a903fffa9f1769f17d5d7d065a.png

GREAT song. Now I must play it and a few other songs/bands from that era.

• Like 1

We are getting close...oh so close! 

I think our flight from LHR to BCN is pretty full.  I ran a search to see what other flights were available if ours cancels and there was only one economy and 1 business available on our flight. The ones before and after had more availability. 

My flight from IAH-LHR appears to be full, too.  

• Like 2

First flight of the day tomorrow now has a terminal….. looks like we’re leaving out of A. We get lounge access with B’s fancy credibly card, so we”ll probably check in at A and then take the skylink over to D for the lounge. DFW is huge, but it’s actually pretty easy to jump from terminal to terminal. 

IMG_9838.thumb.jpeg.fbb39f05a16411affa5b0f19d7d9cd3a.jpeg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

We are getting close...oh so close! 

I think our flight from LHR to BCN is pretty full.  I ran a search to see what other flights were available if ours cancels and there was only one economy and 1 business available on our flight. The ones before and after had more availability. 

My flight from IAH-LHR appears to be full, too.  

what time are y’all out of IAH?

LHR to BCN will leave out of Terminal 5 at LHR...probably 5A.  But could be B or C.  If you are flying in on British Airways, you will fly into Terminal 5 as well.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

what time are y’all out of IAH?

We are laving out at 8:50 pm so my kids could get in a full day of school and hubs a full day of work.  Land at LHR at noon. Hopefully, we will just all sleep on the plane. We did this same late flight last year and it worked out well for my kids and I in terms of sleeping. I didn't even wake up for breakfast. They woke me up when it was time to land and I had to sit up. My husband said he couldn't sleep.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

LHR to BCN will leave out of Terminal 5 at LHR...probably 5A.  But could be B or C.  If you are flying in on British Airways, you will fly into Terminal 5 as well.  

Yup. logged in on the website since the app still isn’t loading upcoming bookings. 

IMG_9839.thumb.jpeg.2ac86c7795af9731c9e57c36d436ea77.jpeg

With the 90 minute layover between terminals at JFK and then another layover at LHR between there and BCN, we grabbed a couple AirTags to pop in the luggage, I’ll have dumb and hopefully uneventful fun tracking our bags….

IMG_9845.thumb.jpeg.01d14dfe6c1fa10bf58d15e4e8194b6b.jpeg

• Like 6

It’s Taco Tuesday, so carnitas tacos are a buck at the local taqueria around the corner from the school where I teach…. This place fuels me half the year….

IMG_9858.thumb.jpeg.b89347233051f18cdc4683c5bdbb1395.jpeg

IMG_9859.thumb.jpeg.114962cc2460d9a1c5a12f3de451e79d.jpeg

IMG_9861.thumb.jpeg.5b7ac4221368c5fb757e99051bb72626.jpeg

oh, and maybe I snuck a spicy pollo asado burrito in….. See, you can see it’s spicy on account of that paper….

IMG_9862.thumb.jpeg.e6bec4e599b2f981cce8f1cea85ead7e.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Headphones are charging… all that’s left is packing morning toiletries, chargers, etc…. I can’t believe it’s finally here!!! Monster travel day tomorrow into Thursday - gonna try to get some sleep early and hit the ground running tomorrow! No news is good news on the drydock front, so full steam ahead, y’all!!! Let’s do this!

• Like 13

Once again, my pattern of being unable to sleep much or well the night before a trip held strong……

… also, just realized that these are the last few hours this thread will be on CST….

• Like 5

Oh heck yeah….. JFK flight has switched to Terminal D. DFW Terminal D is probably my favorite terminal anywhere, and it’s where the priority pass lounge we have access to is located. Not that it was a huge deal since SkyLink is so good at DFW, but this adds a layer of easy and convenience to the proceedings. #winnumberone

IMG_9868.thumb.jpeg.f8e800f73b4684fd6ee817af11dc16c2.jpeg

• Like 12