TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Exact same!

What flights are you on?  We are British Airways out of IAH at 8:50 pm and then flying from LHR to BCN the next day at 3:10.

Going to post my own "live" thread here in a couple of days.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

What flights are you on?  We are British Airways out of IAH at 8:50 pm and then flying from LHR to BCN the next day at 3:10.

I think we’re on the same BA flight from LHR to BCN - we’ll be zombies by then, we’re DFW-JFK-LHR, 90 minute layover at JFK and then 11-11 to LHR. I don’t have a great track record of being able to sleep on planes either. Hoping a few drinks do the trick!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Oh, and looking forward to your Live!!! It’ll be fun to look at the trip from a different perspective!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

I think we’re on the same BA flight from LHR to BCN - we’ll be zombies by then, we’re DFW-JFK-LHR, 90 minute layover at JFK and then 11-11 to LHR. I don’t have a great track record of being able to sleep on planes either. Hoping a few drinks do the trick!

That does sound brutal.  I book the nighttime flight departing at 8:50 pm so I can go to sleep and wake up in London. It worked out great last year...at least for me and my older son.  My husband says he didn't sleep much.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelE said:

So excited to follow along! I am on the Venezia Transatlantic. We leave Friday for Barcelona.

can’t wait to hear all about that one!! Almost booked her myself, and I have a Venezia 10 day scheduled for next summer out of NYC

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Thank you for warming Pride up for me😉 since I will be boarding Oct 18!!  Let's go!!

PS is Ms B chiming in on this live review?

happy to do it!!! Welcome aboard! 

and all indications point to yes, @HelloItsMeB will be joining in at some point. See, she’s a lot like an ancient spirit. She’s only summoned to CC once a cruise is in session, then vanishes into the ether until called upon once more 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Thank you for warming Pride up for me😉 since I will be boarding Oct 18!!  Let's go!!

PS is Ms B chiming in on this live review?

Only if she wants to give tx a hard time, or tell on him. 😆😆

• Haha 3

Game one was a heartbreaker in OT (watched from the back end of a blurry end of year faculty happy hour) but Dick’s is still there to help me get back up for game two! 

IMG_9669.thumb.jpeg.2c63a68f2527e418b2896bc435e10ef0.jpeg

I also realize that getting NHL games - even conference and Stanley Cup games - are gonna be a problem. Not thrilled about that, of COURSE the year the Stars are in it….. but hey, I’m on a cruise in Europe, I won’t dare complain 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Game one was a heartbreaker in OT (watched from the back end of a blurry end of year faculty happy hour) but Dick’s is still there to help me get back up for game two! 

IMG_9669.thumb.jpeg.2c63a68f2527e418b2896bc435e10ef0.jpeg

I also realize that getting NHL games - even conference and Stanley Cup games - are gonna be a problem. Not thrilled about that, of COURSE the year the Stars are in it….. but hey, I’m on a cruise in Europe, I won’t dare complain 

I might live in TX but I was born and raised in Vegas, so last night was great for me! I would recommend a 7-day trial of ESPN+ or YouTube TV or Hulu Live TV so that you can watch from Europe - although the games would be airing in the early AM for you.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Beav1279 said:

I might live in TX but I was born and raised in Vegas, so last night was great for me! I would recommend a 7-day trial of ESPN+ or YouTube TV or Hulu Live TV so that you can watch from Europe - although the games would be airing in the early AM for you.

every time I’m in Vegas (often) I tell myself I’m gonna check out a Knights game but I’ve never made it happen!

I’m a YTTV subscriber, but my experience with streaming onboard has been hit or miss. Might depend on if the internet upgrade happened during drydock 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

every time I’m in Vegas (often) I tell myself I’m gonna check out a Knights game but I’ve never made it happen!

I’m a YTTV subscriber, but my experience with streaming onboard has been hit or miss. Might depend on if the internet upgrade happened during drydock 

A VGK home game needs to be on your bucket list! The amount of production that goes into the Pre-Game stuff is like seeing a full-on Vegas show plus a hockey game! 

I hope you have luck with the internet while you're in Europe! At the very least, you can follow the play-by-play on the ESPN app on your phone... but I hope it doesn't resort to that!

• Like 1

Just ran B up the road a bit to a store to pick up a dress she ordered for the cruise, grabbed some dinner at a little counter service seafood I’ve been coming to for years joint on the way back to the couch for the night….

IMG_9690.thumb.jpeg.43fadf1c08c08a42107d7e7e773b28b1.jpeg

IMG_9691.thumb.jpeg.7ccafc0ffc1981586c378b66269ee0b6.jpeg

IMG_9692.thumb.jpeg.1e492d0cd8119ba9cc3e8fa82f30be69.jpeg

IMG_9693.thumb.jpeg.3a88f54772a887ff1e50e402503c9390.jpeg

IMG_9694.thumb.jpeg.6aff77f00d80054202b59b995a4dee5f.jpeg

IMG_9695.thumb.jpeg.63ad058f70bfc48992ae5d4a9d8effcd.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 3