Norwegian Fjords gift to bring home?

zentraveler

This is not exactly a Windstar question but it is a popular cruise so someone might have ideas. I want to bring a small consumable gift for my neighbor who is watching our house and mail. I have brought her Kona coffee from Hawaii, jam from Paris in the past and she has brought me truffle spread from Italy, licorice from Amsterdam etc. Any ideas for Norway?  I would like something she can consume rather than "stuff", especially of the tourist variety (reindeer themed etc.)

8 minutes ago, zentraveler said:

This is not exactly a Windstar question but it is a popular cruise so someone might have ideas. I want to bring a small consumable gift for my neighbor who is watching our house and mail. I have brought her Kona coffee from Hawaii, jam from Paris in the past and she has brought me truffle spread from Italy, licorice from Amsterdam etc. Any ideas for Norway?  I would like something she can consume rather than "stuff", especially of the tourist variety (reindeer themed etc.)

You could purchase cloudberry jam or lingonberry jam.

• Thanks 1

Yes, Cloudberry, known in Québec as Chicouti it is a small orange/yellow berry that in one berry there is more vitamin C than an orange and it looks like a raspberry. In Québec they are found on the North coast of the St. Lawrence in the summer.  Delicious. Saw them when we sailed the north coast of Norway. Happy Sailing

• Thanks 1

This is not exactly a Windstar question

I think you would get more responses were you to post this on the N. Europe and Baltic Sea Forum where questions such as this are usually asked.

Reasoning behind the suggestion is that there are a number of CC members from Scandinavian countries who regularly post in response to questions about their countries (shopping included, with a current thread concerning the  buying of  Norwegian jumpers.)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/116-northern-europe-amp-baltic-sea/

Edited by edinburgher

30 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

This is not exactly a Windstar question

I think you would get more responses were you to post this on the N. Europe and Baltic Sea Forum where questions such as this are usually asked.

Reasoning behind the suggestion is that there are a number of CC members from Scandinavian countries who regularly post in response to questions about their countries (shopping included, with a current thread concerning the  buying of  Norwegian jumpers.)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/116-northern-europe-amp-baltic-sea/

Ah, thank  you. I did look for an appropriate forum in which to post this but missed this one. I think the jam will do fine and thanks to 6rugrats I may get it ahead of time 😉.

I think the jam will do fine and thanks to 6rugrats I may get it ahead of time 😉.

Could still be worth a try in case some different options are given to tempt you, but you won't know if you do not ask.

• Thanks 1

Frankly, when traveling I think it is really important to frequent small local shops, and small town museums. You are supporting the local communities, you interact with the local people, you learn and spread good cheer. A small jar of local jams would be easy to wrap safely in your checked bags.

Happy Sailing

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bigdogwon said:

How about Reindeer Jerky?  Or a small troll

I believe the small trolls object to being stuffed in your luggage just as much as the large trolls...  🤣

I have been to Norway many times. It is beautiful.  However, it’s expensive.  I usually take lots of photos.  Only things that I ever brought back were trolls and sweaters.  In Finland, reindeer mittens were a great souvenir.  
just enjoy the beauty of Norway.  I am looking forward to my upcoming time in Norway this year.  

• Thanks 1