TV Headphones for Ruby Princess

swifty

Sorry but I’m unable to help with this question. Not sure whether there’s any way to do this on those televisions.  Not saying it can’t be done but I’m not aware of a way. I think complicating things might be the remotes in the cabins are not the original tv remotes if I’m it mistaken so that could make it impossible to change Bluetooth settings on them even IF the tv is Bluetooth capable. 
Hopefully someone will respond that knows of a way to do it. 

3 hours ago, swifty said:

I am hearing impaired and would like to know what headphones can I connect to the TV on the Ruby Princess.  What have you used that worked successfully.

Thank you.

IDK if this will help at all, but here

is a little bit of information about Princess and special needs:

Guests with sight and hearing disabilities will find vessels equipped with such helpful features as Braille elevator call buttons, audible arrival sounds and infrared listening assistance systems in the Princess theaters. ADA "all in one" kits are available upon request — featuring telephone amplifiers, visual smoke detectors, door knock sensors, text telephones (TDD) and other aids. In-cabin movies feature close captioning, and ship libraries feature a selection of books on tape.

Unquote

You or your TA should be able to call PCL customer services and they may be able to get an answer for you. 

Seems to me Princess would have bought the same make and model TV for all ships. If so, here is a thread about TV on the Enchanted Princess.  Post #3 has a photo of the back panel.  At the top is says "speaker out line out" but I would find a live thread and ask if earphones could be plugged in.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2868995-enchanted-princess-hdmi/

16 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Seems to me Princess would have bought the same make and model TV for all ships. If so, here is a thread about TV on the Enchanted Princess.  Post #3 has a photo of the back panel.  At the top is says "speaker out line out" but I would find a live thread and ask if earphones could be plugged in.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2868995-enchanted-princess-hdmi/

No, they bought what was available at the time, at the cheapest price. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

There's closed captions on the stateroom TV.

Unfortunately, for some programs and movies but not all of them. 

I do believe that on the Ruby that a Roku unit can still be connected to the TV and provide the ability to use earphones in their remote,

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Unfortunately, for some programs and movies but not all of them. 

I do believe that on the Ruby that a Roku unit can still be connected to the TV and provide the ability to use earphones in their remote,

There's still a lot to choose from.

Just now, MissP22 said:

If you enjoy watching old movies a year or two old.

Fabelmans?  Man Called Otto?  Everything Everywhere all at Once? Amsterdam?  The Menu? Jurassic World Dominion?  See How they Run?  Babylon?  I Wanna Dance with Somebody?

All on stateroom TV.  What movies are you looking for?

3 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

FabelmansMan Called Otto?  Everything Everywhere all at Once? Amsterdam?  The Menu? Jurassic World Dominion?  See How they Run?  Babylon?  I Wanna Dance with Somebody?

All on stateroom TV.  What movies are you looking for?

They have improved considerably since last March. ✔️ 😃

There was a period between Dec and March where they didn't get anything new. I was wondering what happened. 

43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am thinking most all TV's have an audio out jack.  Plug in a Bluetooth adaptor and then connect to it with BT headphones or ear plugs.

It would be nice but I haven't found one yet.

On 5/20/2023 at 11:53 AM, swifty said:

I am hearing impaired and would like to know what headphones can I connect to the TV on the Ruby Princess.  What have you used that worked successfully.

You might also post your inquiry to the Disabled Cruise board:   https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/114-disabled-cruise-travel/

But definitely advise Princess at  accessofficeprincess@princesscruises.com.    

• Accessibility Requests – Let us know if you will be bringing a mobility device or if you require visual or hearing assistance.

On 5/20/2023 at 2:53 PM, swifty said:

Thank you.

I would definitely email Princess as @kokopelli-azsuggested.  You will get first hand knowledge.  Tell them your full name, the ship, sail date and your booking no.

accessofficeprincess@princesscruises.com