BUMMER ~ June 11 Joy Sailing

Just did our check-in for the Joy on June 11 and found out that "Footloose" will not be showing on this particular sailing.  That sucks, we were really looking forward to seeing the show.

Footloose

DETAILS

Ready to cut loose? Then kick off your Sunday shoes – or whatever shoes you’re wearing. Experience the rockin’ hits and dynamic new musical renditions of Footloose, exclusively at sea on Norwegian Joy. Based on the fan favorite movie, you will be stirring in your seat to this heart-warming story of a young Chicago teen who moves to a small Midwestern town only to learn the town has banned dancing.

Footloose will not be showing on 6/11/23 sailing.

• Like 1

of course, this may be a disappointment, but a show is just an hr and a half (if that) and there are so many other things to see and do aboard a cruise ship. 

so even though you're going to miss out on footloose, enjoy everything else that your ship has to offer.

personally, in all the cruises we've taken, the entertainment (or lack thereof) has never entered my equation for the cruise itself.

• Like 1

I'm sailing Joy July 23rd and Footloose is still showing as one of the theater shows.

I wouldn't miss it as I sailed Joy last summer and already saw it, but I have newbies coming with and I hope they get the chance to see it. I believe they will.

this seems like a cast change is taking place that week and they need more time to practice the shows onboard the ship. it can be different doing the show rehearsals in the studio on land vs onboard the ship 

We're on this sailing but we sailed on the Joy in February when she was sailing out of CA. Both my mom and I love Broadway shows, but we couldn't get past the first half hour on this one. Plenty of other things to do! 🙂

• Like 2

We sailed on the Joy recently & were not all that impressed with 'Footloose'.  Agree that it DOES suck if you were looking forward to it & it was cancelled.

Agree with shof515 that this appears to be a cast change.  Hope you have a good cruise despite this cancellation.

• Like 1

Sailed Joy last July and saw Footloose . Good show but very long . Sailing again 

7/30 this year on the Joy and it shows that it will be on that cruise . As said before most likely a cast ( contract ) change . 

7 hours ago, psuboater said:

We're on this sailing but we sailed on the Joy in February when she was sailing out of CA. Both my mom and I love Broadway shows, but we couldn't get past the first half hour on this one. Plenty of other things to do! 🙂

We were on the Joy last month.  We love the musicals too but had to walk out after 30 or 40 minutes.   We tried but just couldn't  make it to the end.  

Currently  on Getaway  and absolutely  loved Broadway Unplugged  performed  by the Million Dollar Quartet performers.  Very talented and can't wait for  their MDQ performance  later  this week!

• Like 4

On 5/21/2023 at 10:25 PM, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

I'm sorry. It sucks to be looking forward to a show and having it canceled. Hopefully the other entertainment exceeds your expectations!

Thanks ~ we love the show so I hope there will be something replacing this one.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 5:58 PM, Sand and Seas said:

We were on the Joy last month.  We love the musicals too but had to walk out after 30 or 40 minutes.   We tried but just couldn't  make it to the end.  

Currently  on Getaway  and absolutely  loved Broadway Unplugged  performed  by the Million Dollar Quartet performers.  Very talented and can't wait for  their MDQ performance  later  this week!

Wow ~ several people talk about walking out.  Absolutely loved the movie but I guess it's not always the same.  We were on the Anthem of the Seas about a year ago and they were doing Cats which ran on Broadway for years and years ~ we walked out after about 30 minutes.  Just couldn't get into it; it was so boring.

18 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Wow ~ several people talk about walking out.  Absolutely loved the movie but I guess it's not always the same.  We were on the Anthem of the Seas about a year ago and they were doing Cats which ran on Broadway for years and years ~ we walked out after about 30 minutes.  Just couldn't get into it; it was so boring.

Anthem of the Seas does not have Cats, only the Oasis of the Seas have that show

15 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

We loved the Footloose movie too so we kept waiting  for the show  to improve.   Hate to walk out but just decided  their were much better ways to spend our evening.  Thankfully  there were several  good music  options  around the ship.  Mojito bar had an especially  good band playing. 

15 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

But did the production leave you with any Memories?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised so many found Footloose a walkout show. I thought it was good. nothing amazing, but it's a cruise ship show. Our show did have a 15 minute "intermission" as the bridge/step thing broke for a bit, but we didn't ever think about walking out.

Now the traveling "Chicago" show in Utica...yep, almost walked out of that. Then I remembered we paid $100 for each ticket. We stayed put.

As for Cats...I just can't get into human fur balls.