When did the printed Fun Times return to delivery in the cabins?

2 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

A couple of months ago, I believe (but my memory isn't what it used to be so it could have been longer ago then that).

Gotcha.

On the Mardi Gras (end of Feb to early March) they had yet to bring them back.

Tom

We had ours in the mail slot like clockwork on the Spirit for our April Panama Canal Transit.  The phone app is invaluable for YTD sign in and on-the-go activities but it is so fun to catch up on my reading and planning for the next day while visiting the loo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am probably in the minority, but I was glad they did away with them.  I feel like they are such a waste of paper.  But that is just my opinion.  I carry my phone for pictures anyhow, so I like to just use the app.  I know a lot of people lock their phone away for the cruise, which I totally understand, and for that I am glad those people can get their paper copies 🙂

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, csoud68 said:

We kept them for nostalgia but the app is crazy good.

The app falls a little short when you're trying to find all the open/close times of some places. For example, tomorrow Java Blue shows as being open from (early) to something like 11... beyond that there's no mention of any time that they reopen the rest of the day/evening. In the Fun Times, it shows where they reopen at 3 (or 3:30). 

Tom

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I love spreading the paper version out in front of me on the bed before I turn in at night so I can plan for the next day. It's just not as fun in the app.

I have a similar “routine.”  I like to read The Fun Times in bed right before I go to sleep.   I don’t know if I’m really “planning” my day or just giving myself ideas.  Regardless, I’m so glad to know they are back to delivering them.

• Like 4

We did not have it delivered to our cabin on the Dream last week except for I think embarkation day. I had to go looking for it. 

I find it much quicker to scan the printed version than having to scroll through the app, changing from one category to another (dining, activities, music etc).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Michelle236 said:

I am probably in the minority, but I was glad they did away with them.  I feel like they are such a waste of paper.  But that is just my opinion.  I carry my phone for pictures anyhow, so I like to just use the app.  I know a lot of people lock their phone away for the cruise, which I totally understand, and for that I am glad those people can get their paper copies 🙂

I fully respect your opinion, but I disagree.  I'm glad they're back for several reasons, but here's one of the more offbeat ones - I like to take a photo of them as they arrive.  Those photos stay in my records for a long time for future reference (and sometimes I do refer to them after the cruise), while the events on the cruise are unavailable on the app after the cruise ends.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Michelle236 said:

I totally agree.  Huge waste of paper.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Ours were the full version color ones. 😎

They are color but they aren't the same size that they used to be. They are a tri-fold now, a little bit bigger when folded then the old tear off sheet used to be on the old Fun Times. All of the info is still there, although it's less wordy. It's nicely laid out and easy to carry with you. They removed the picture of the funnel from the front page and that saved a lot of space. I like the new format.

• Like 1