Encore officers

dalliowner

18 hours ago, bitob said:

He got off with us on the 21st in athens

On 5/23/2023 at 2:16 PM, Tallante said:

We boarded on Sunday and Aimee is still the cruise director.  Captain is very pleasant but as we’re sitting in the Colonnade I can’t recall his name.  Will post it later.

4 hours ago, dalliowner said:

Have not sailed with Aimee before, is she new ??

Yes this her first contract.  Captain is also new, we believe from Holland America but not confirmed, something like ?. de Boer. .  There appears be be a lot of new staff and certainly many first time Seabourners on board.

20 minutes ago, Tallante said:

Yes this her first contract.  Captain is also new, we believe from Holland America but not confirmed, something like ?. de Boer. .  There appears be be a lot of new staff and certainly many first time Seabourners on board.

All Newbies together 😁

17 minutes ago, Tallante said:

This is not Aimee’s first contract with seabourn.  She started last September as the CD on the Quest.  Had the pleasure of sailing with her last October…she’s a terrific CD, singer, and a wonderful person.  From the quest, she joined the Odessey in late November for a couple of months, was off on vacation and ultimately joined the Encore a couple of months ago.  Finally, she was a CD with silversea prior to joining seabourn las fall.

Nancy

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nancygp said:

This is not Aimee’s first contract with seabourn.  She started last September as the CD on the Quest.  Had the pleasure of sailing with her last October…she’s a terrific CD, singer, and a wonderful person.  From the quest, she joined the Odessey in late November for a couple of months, was off on vacation and ultimately joined the Encore a couple of months ago.  Finally, she was a CD with silversea prior to joining seabourn las fall.

Nancy

I bet she's glad to be on Seabourn Nancy.

I hear that Silversea are going to be naming their show lounge

"The Mortuary" 😃

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I bet she's glad to be on Seabourn Nancy.

I hear that Silversea are going to be naming their show lounge

"The Mortuary" 😃

In all seriousness, Aimee is in her early 30’s and she’s so talented…glad she’s with seabourn.  I’ve yet to saiIL SS..we had an Alaska cruise booked for this summer, booked over a year ago.  After 2 SB cruises last year, cancelled the SS cruise and booked on SB

nancy

Edited by nancygp

1 minute ago, nancygp said:

In all seriousness, Aimee is in her early 30’s and she’s so talented…glad she’s with seabourn.  I’ve yet to saiIL SS..we had an Alaska cruise booked for this summer, booked over a year ago.  After 2 SB cruises last year, cancelled the SS cruise and booked on SB

nancy

Once you're hooked it's difficult to go elsewhere although change is good at least to see what's out there.

Are you sailing in August?

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

Once you're hooked it's difficult to go elsewhere although change is good at least to see what's out there.

Are you sailing in August?

Change can be good.  As you know, made a big change after sailing that other line exclusively for 17 years.  SB is a good fit currently.  Sailing in late July and part of august but not on the same ship as you, I recall you posting about the pursuit sailing.

Nancy

15 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Change can be good.  As you know, made a big change after sailing that other line exclusively for 17 years.  SB is a good fit currently.  Sailing in late July and part of august but not on the same ship as you, I recall you posting about the pursuit sailing.

Nancy

Yes that's at the end of August 

Encore at the beginning.

• Like 1

I’m only repeating what I believed Aimee said, when I asked her how long she had been with Seabourn that it was her first .Seabourn Contract.

The.Captain is Sijbe de Boer.  There is a Seabourn Club members meet and greet tonight.  Maybe we’ll get to meet the other officers there.

A lot of the crew are new though, very pleasant and eager to please.

The .Ephesus concert was well attended last night and there was a massive welcome from the crew  when we arrival back at the ship.  Unfortunately many people seemed to have used the opportunity to go walkabouts around the site, were walking around to take photos and general chat around their table in loud voices. We felt it was very disrespectful to the musicians. Music as always was fantastic.

That is a shame.  I have been to the evening concert in Ephesus several times -  at the Library of Celsus (the most magical setting) a couple of times, and inside the theatre (I think amphitheatre is actually the wrong name) a couple of times - more impersonal but still enjoyable.  If you were at the Library, that is really inconsiderate and downright rude IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

That is a shame.  I have been to the evening concert in Ephesus several times -  at the Library of Celsus (the most magical setting) a couple of times, and inside the theatre (I think amphitheatre is actually the wrong name) a couple of times - more impersonal but still enjoyable.  If you were at the Library, that is really inconsiderate and downright rude IMO.

It was indeed, I think it’s probably worth mentioning it to Aimee, CD when I see her.  There is a much younger crowd on board that probably don’t understand the Seabourn way!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tallante said:

It was indeed, I think it’s probably worth mentioning it to Aimee, CD when I see her.  There is a much younger crowd on board that probably don’t understand the Seabourn way!

You'll always get a few peasants on board these days.

Shame for those that know how to behave themselves and the hard working musicians.

1 hour ago, Tallante said:

What is the general age of these youngsters?

Nancy

4 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

A little younger!  Lots in their 40’s and 50’s.  The disco goes onto 03.00. On deck 5, We would never do a 7 day back to back again.  Totally different atmosphere on board.  With Ports every day nothing going on around the pool deck either.

15 minutes ago, Tallante said:

A little younger!  Lots in their 40’s and 50’s.  The disco goes onto 03.00. On deck 5, We would never do a 7 day back to back again.  Totally different atmosphere on board.  With Ports every day nothing going on around the pool deck either.

Good to see that you still call it a Disco.

Those were the days 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2