Coco Cay Daybeds sold out - any chance they hold some back?

Hi, all. First cruise (I had one booked years ago and had to cancel due to a death in the family) and I picked Royal Caribbean for Thanksgiving! 

I'm really excited. A question about the daybeds, though. They all show as sold out for my trip. Does anybody happen to know if they hold any back for on-board passengers to reserve? I'd try to be on early and get to the desk right away, but I kind of wonder if there's any point.

Also, I'd love to try the Hideway, but it looks like that might not be open until Jan 2024.....

Thoughts?

I would say since they do not discount daybeds I would not see what would be the reason to hold them back until cruise time. Since no penalty for canceling many people book and then decide closer to the cruise if they really want to spend the money and keep it. Just continue to monitor for availability. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigmoose7563 said:

I would say since they do not discount daybeds I would not see what would be the reason to hold them back until cruise time. Since no penalty for canceling many people book and then decide closer to the cruise if they really want to spend the money and keep it. Just continue to monitor for availability. 

Agree with this.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bigmoose7563 said:

They definitely discount daybeds.  I have booked daybeds for a few upcoming cruises when there was a sale, and saved between $50 to $75.   And they do sell out.   But if you watch sometimes they do pop back up when someone does cancel.  If there are two ships at Coco Cay that day, that cuts the inventory as well.  

28 minutes ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Thanks, I'll do that. 

8 hours ago, beanbeaner said:

Hi, all. First cruise (I had one booked years ago and had to cancel due to a death in the family) and I picked Royal Caribbean for Thanksgiving! 

I'm really excited. A question about the daybeds, though. They all show as sold out for my trip. Does anybody happen to know if they hold any back for on-board passengers to reserve? I'd try to be on early and get to the desk right away, but I kind of wonder if there's any point.

Also, I'd love to try the Hideway, but it looks like that might not be open until Jan 2024.....

Thoughts?

Since it is your first cruise I will say there are lounge chairs all over Coco Cay that are free to use. 

• Like 3

Just keeping watching. We have the WOS in December which we only booked in April. Immediately I went to book a daybed and they all said sold out. I checked the excursions everyday. About 3 weeks after booking, while out to lunch, I remembered that I didn’t look yet that day, so pulled out the phone, checked the app and lo and behold there was 1 chill island beach bed available. So before we ordered lunch, I booked a daybed!😄

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I don’t see South Beach beds listed at all on my planner. Just Chill and Breezy. Are the day beds gone from South Beach?

South Beach beds are listed on my next 3 cruises (sold out but listed).

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 hour ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

Just keeping watching. We have the WOS in December which we only booked in April. Immediately I went to book a daybed and they all said sold out. I checked the excursions everyday. About 3 weeks after booking, while out to lunch, I remembered that I didn’t look yet that day, so pulled out the phone, checked the app and lo and behold there was 1 chill island beach bed available. So before we ordered lunch, I booked a daybed!😄

I will keep looking! 

20 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

did you find out if there is another ship in port with you? If so, some are held for it as well. 

Prior to a cruise, is there an easy way to find out if other ships are scheduled to be in port (Coco-Cay & Labadee) the same day that your cruise is scheduled to be there?

4 minutes ago, Cruisin'4Us said:

Prior to a cruise, is there an easy way to find out if other ships are scheduled to be in port (Coco-Cay & Labadee) the same day that your cruise is scheduled to be there?

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/coco-cay-port-392

Change to other ports as needed.

• Thanks 1