Cunard Internet

crusieobsessed

It's unlikely that the internet connection will be consistent enough to stream sports reliably. Possibly once it's converted to Starlink, but that probably won't happen before any current Med booking is over.

Depending on your mobile plan you might pick up a good enough terrestrial 4G signal in some of the ports, but that depends on where the signal masts are compared to the ship.

If you try to use the satellite 4G I suggest you take out a mortgage to cover the bill. A week of streaming on board could easily cost thousands of pounds/dollars.

Some sports events such as cup finals are shown on screens in the Golden Lion Pub. I've not attended any of those screenings so can't advise how reliable the reception was.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, D&N said:

It's unlikely that the internet connection will be consistent enough to stream sports reliably. Possibly once it's converted to Starlink, but that probably won't happen before any current Med booking is over.

Depending on your mobile plan you might pick up a good enough terrestrial 4G signal in some of the ports, but that depends on where the signal masts are compared to the ship.

If you try to use the satellite 4G I suggest you take out a mortgage to cover the bill. A week of streaming on board could easily cost thousands of pounds/dollars.

Some sports events such as cup finals are shown on screens in the Golden Lion Pub. I've not attended any of those screenings so can't advise how reliable the reception was.

I’ve never been aware of problems with sports screenings in the Winter Gardens. They’ve always been fine when I’ve passed through or my husband was spectating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

On QM2 now .Stand near your cabin door or visit a public space for more reliable signal .

Still logs you out often without warning.

I have been constantly logged off today in Golden Lion, theatre and at Future Voyage Sales office.

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I am using the basic QV internet to send these from our cabin. It is a bit slow, but actually better than I expected. Even better if I stand by the door, but haven’t had to sit on stairs yet.

Must be where your cabin is. We have a spacious cabin with poor wi fi signal. I’ve resorted to going back to stairway B and sitting on the stairs for anything other than reading various sites. Anything  more and it’s the stairs for me.

The yomp does me good! 😀

@Victoria2 I’m so glad to hear you’re on your favorite ship in a “spacious cabin” and sorry it has poor wi if. I thought of you the other day as we learned we’re moving up from a Q5 to a Q4. Looking forward to our more spacious cabin and hoping there is a wifi box outside our door.

24 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Victoria2 I’m so glad to hear you’re on your favorite ship in a “spacious cabin” and sorry it has poor wi if. I thought of you the other day as we learned we’re moving up from a Q5 to a Q4. Looking forward to our more spacious cabin and hoping there is a wifi box outside our door.

Wi fi is fickle, and we have a decent signal at the moment. Enjoy your elevation.🙂

• Like 1