Proposal for AQV “Dream Itinerary”

bob brown

I would love to see AQV create a “Grand Voyage” that would begin in, say New Orleans, on the American Queen, do the entire Mississippi up to Minneapolis, use their coaches to transfer to Duluth, then board the Ocean Voyager to do the entire Great Lakes, continuing to Montreal, and on to do the entire Atllantic Inracoastal Waterway, ending back in New Orleans.

It would be sort of their version of an “Around The World” cruise…😎

I would jump on it , if offered!🙂

21 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It might be even better in the opposite direction, going down the Mississippi with the current to provide more time in ports?

Either way would be okay with me…🙂

4 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Either way would be okay with me…🙂

Then you could have interesting discussions with the international passengers about whether the itinerary is going 'counterclockwise' or 'anticlockwise'  😉

• Like 1

Another idea would be for AQV to acquire a ship or boat small enough to navigate the Erie Canal.

That would open up a whole lot more inland river itinerary possibilities.  The Blount line used to offer that, but seem to have ceased operations.

Imagine doing the “Great Loop”!

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/great-loop.html
😎

And perhaps sailing up the Missouri to Kansas City, Omaha, and Sioux City.

Or the Arkansas up to Fort Smith and Tulsa.

Amazing potential…

On 5/25/2023 at 7:37 PM, bob brown said:

Another idea would be for AQV to acquire a ship or boat small enough to navigate the Erie Canal.

The Blount line used to offer that, but seem to have ceased operations.

Good idea! The Grande Mariner and Grande Carribe must still be around somewhere in mothballs.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 8:39 PM, DaveinCharlotte said:

Good idea! The Grande Mariner and Grande Carribe must still be around somewhere in mothballs.

As far as I know, they are still for sale, and haven’t been scrapped.  Too bad Blount doesn’t seem interested in reentering that market, or AQV buying them and doing so…

• Thanks 1

As more and more cruise lines seem to be saturating various segments of the cruise business, and some seem to be searching for new “niche’s”…evidence, the recent new entries in the ultra luxury or in the expedition segments; this is one where there is currently no competition.  I don’t know if this segment would be profitable or not, but I suspect it could be.

If I had the means, I might consider investing in it…🤔

Edited by bob brown

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The rash of new ultra-luxury cruising yachts and expedition ships looks like a classic bubble to me.  There was a shortage, but it has already turned into a surplus...

I am hoping that it will result in some good deals, and make some within my budget, if only for a “once and done” trial…😉