Do you have an NCL PVP? Are they good?

Elkins45

When I registered on the NCL website and entered my contact info I was subsequently contacted by a personal vacation planner. I ended up using this person to book my first NCL cruise. In the course of arranging this upcoming trip I emailed them a couple of times and left a voicemail. At least one of the emails was missed entirely and the voicemail was responded to two days later. That was three days ago and the promised change still hasn't been made. Since the final payment deadline is approaching I'm considering just calling the main NCL number and dealing with whomever picks up the phone. Is this typical or is my person just having a bad week?

Edited by Elkins45

1 hour ago, Elkins45 said:

When I registered on the NCL website and entered my contact info I was subsequently contacted by a personal vacation planner. I ended up using this person to book my first NCL cruise. In the course of arranging this upcoming trip I emailed them a couple of times and left a voicemail. At least one of the emails was missed entirely and the voicemail was responded to two days later. That was three days ago and the promised change still hasn't been made. Since the final payment deadline is approaching I'm considering just calling the main NCL number and dealing with whomever picks up the phone. Is this typical or is my person just having a bad week?

i have only used my PVP once.  Same thing.  There are many people that have said their PVP is great, but I haven't found one yet.  Just call and talk to someone.  I once had an " operator" be so helpful, I asked if she could be my new PVP.  She said no, that is not her department.  

I used one years ago, and they became pretty pesky. I just use their online chat feature if I need to reach someone there. Everything else, I just do myself online, without getting a human involved. 

IME they can be variable and some don't last long.

Last year I had one that was very enthusiastic and sorted out a good deal then went quiet.

US based covering UK times might have been a bit too enthusiastic for UK people.

Recall an email from a different one so not sure if the old one still exist.

Need to round up the numbers as next booking may need to be more direct as some UK TAs can't deal with some booking needs without NCL help.

I have had some good experiences with mine initially, but as time went on, they became less and less responsive. They often don't even reply to my emails anymore.  Now, I find it easier to work with the CruiseNext representatives on the ships than contacting my PCC about anything.

I've had good, bad & very good experiences with our plethora (6 at last count...) of PCCs we've had in 20 years of cruising with NCL.  My 'bottom line' is simply this; if they're helpful, use them.  Otherwise ignore them & just book online using the website.  We've booked both methods & haven't really noticed any great difference in the end.  Our present PCC (Jonas) is quite good so we use him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Your PCC is the same group of people that answer the phones when you call in.  So they can get quite busy.

I like the one I have, but it can take a bit for him to answer emails.  

That is not entirely true...

I have had the same US based PCC at NCL since 2008, she is great and a "senior PCC" so she is definitely not part of the group of consultants who answer the general phone line when calling NCL....

4 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Your PCC is the same group of people that answer the phones when you call in.  So they can get quite busy.

Not sure where you got this information, but it is not true.

Our PCC has his own direct line that he answers personally. He also has his own personal voicemail where we can leave a message and he calls back promptly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomk3212 said:

I've had good, bad & very good experiences with our plethora (6 at last count...) of PCCs we've had in 20 years of cruising with NCL.  My 'bottom line' is simply this; if they're helpful, use them.  Otherwise ignore them & just book online using the website.  We've booked both methods & haven't really noticed any great difference in the end.  Our present PCC (Jonas) is quite good so we use him.

We have Jonas too. He is the best!

19 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Not in my case it's not, I wasn't aware any answer general call but my PCC certainly does not.
My PCC is home based and lives in Malta, he does not deal people outside his list of clients

More general to the OP, once you get a good PCC they are worth their weight in gold, one point of contact for all problems. They get to know what you like and our cruise history. Honestly my PCC is the best, he even calls me a couple of days after my return to see how I enjoyed the cruise.

If you have a bad PCC get them changed.

Lol, the one that was assigned to me after a really good one left, dumped me after I booked a cruise on my own. The new one that has been assigned only contacts me if I email him stating that I want to book, as compared to email with questions. I'll just book on my own.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

This has not been my experience. When I have called in, I reached a contractor who represented but was not employed by NCL, and when I asked for a PCC, they transferred me to a different group.

That aside, I had a really good PCC for several years, but then she left the company. Since then, I have not found another good one and so now just call and talk to whoever answers.

12 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Got it from my PCC himself.  

Then you need a new PCC. He can't be very good (or useful) if he doesn't have his own direct line and voicemail. We have our PCC's business card magnet on our fridge. "Pool" reps wouldn't have business cards with direct phone lines on them.

Edited by schmoopie17

On 5/25/2023 at 9:30 AM, Elkins45 said:

No one has an NCL PVP.  NCL does not have PVPs, they have PCCs.

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

No one has an NCL PVP.  NCL does not have PVPs, they have PCCs.

and that was pointed out all the way back in post #4 of the thread...

On the topic - I've been contacted by a PCC, but never booked through them.  She actually called me TWICE to remind me to do the post-cruise survey (once before and once after I had completed it).

Some have reported having success getting some kinds of deals through them, kind of like booking with a TA, I may have to try booking with a PCC some day since I've had trouble finding a TA that is responsive.

Looks like my previous is no more.

Got email Sat with a new one.

Part of international sales.

Reasonable hours  UK based just hope we don't have an urgent need in the morning or weekend like now as there is a FAS 50% discount.

Monday – Friday between 12-7 PM UK time. 

And Weekend days by appointment.

My current PCC is amazing. He answers every weekday, day or night to my emails. I wonder if he ever has time off 😄  He is simply and utterly amazing. Write an email on a Wednesday at 11AM - he responds within 30min. Write an email on a Saturday evening at 8:30PM and he answers that email too within 30mins. This guy seems to be available non stop and is incredibly knowledgeable. 

I hope he stays working at NCL for a long time as my previous PCC’s have been quite useless. 

Our pcc at ncl is very good. Hrs late ( different time zone) but this is wonderful, we can call past our work. Got land line (Wiesbaden) and mobile (Miami) , so we could call on sundays. Ncl closes friday at 6pm  (?) officially. She always has more to offer than the website tells 🙂