App menu roulette continues

mayleeman

Back in the winter during all the hubub about better food items being cut in the MDR, I checked the app for our Feb 3, 2024 cruise on Reflection. Sure enough, the lobster and prime rib were gone. They had been there since last July.

Then people began saying these things were returning on cruises. I checked in April or so, and Yes! they were again listed on the menu. Haven't read anything for awhile.

Today, they are again missing.

I know we can't expect to have accurate menus on the app this far out--no need to remind me. But I am wondering what is happening on current cruises... Did lobster and prime rib come back after all? 

And are other people seeing them disappear again for upcoming cruises?

I am mostly interested because of the sale (cough, cough) on specialty dining, which I might take advantage of if the odds of these entrees continuing to be available seem to be diminishing.

Thanks!

We had prime rib and lobster on the Summit recently, but the app also showed (while I was on the cruise) that Steak Diane was on the menu one night (I forget which one).  Sadly, it was not.  I think the app is probably managed by the same people who manage the website.  lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

Back in the winter during all the hubub about better food items being cut in the MDR, I checked the app for our Feb 3, 2024 cruise on Reflection. Sure enough, the lobster and prime rib were gone. They had been there since last July.

Then people began saying these things were returning on cruises. I checked in April or so, and Yes! they were again listed on the menu. Haven't read anything for awhile.

Today, they are again missing.

I know we can't expect to have accurate menus on the app this far out--no need to remind me. But I am wondering what is happening on current cruises... Did lobster and prime rib come back after all? 

And are other people seeing them disappear again for upcoming cruises?

It haas been reported multiple times in many treads here that the menu's on the app are primarily guides and should not be relied on to accurately reflect the menu until you are connected to the ship's WiFi.   I have expereinced times when the app was correct as well as times when it was not but until you actually board, it's not something I would rely on day to day. 

As for prime rib and lobsters in the MDR, both were on the MDR menu on our Millennium sailing that ended May 6th. 

On 5/25/2023 at 2:07 PM, Alakegirl said:

They come and go but the lousy app remains😭

Can't the app/IT's fault, the person who updates seems to do it in piecemeal, add a few things today and remove a few things next week

Problem is you don't know for sure until two nights before sailing.  I was on the Solstice in Feb and the Prime Rib, wellington and ribeye were completely gone.  It seems wellington is still gone but they brought back the Prime Rib and Ribeye.  Also some ships seemed to have move the prime rib from the first night to the last night

If your ship is currently sailing a 6 night itinerary that is what the app will show for menus even if your sailing is a 10N leaving in 6 months or 6 weeks.  

The app is geared for on board use and as such what you see for menus and activities is what the current sailing has happening.

• Like 1