Captain Albert Retires!

I was fortunate to meet Captain Albert aboard ship and enjoyed his lecture.  I’m glad his blog will continue and he’ll carry on as a Holland America historian in retirement.  I’ll miss his reports of cruising from the Captain’s viewpoint!  I remember one report of sailing south from Alaska through the inside passage and the seas were so rough that he sailed inside the Canadian islands and sailed past Bella Bella.  That is not on a HAL itinerary.  So, Bella Bella was added to my bucket list and was fulfilled when we sailed south from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy on the very modern BC ferry system.  

Just beat me to it! 😉 Congrats and a Happy Retirement to Kaptein Albert! His two (originally, now more to come) books are outstanding if you are into the history of HAL. He will always be "Mr. HAL" when it comes to that topic!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to Captain Albert on his well deserved retirement.  May he have a long, happy and healthy one.   He has been a font of HAL history and information for so very long.  How lovely he will continue in retirement 👍 

• 4 weeks later...