Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

33 minutes ago, HxFx said:

How did you like the lunch choices?

Overall pretty good. The fried thing I liked the fried part and the red sauce. I’m not a big fish person but the fish was pretty good. Don’t like that green sauce. The rice was good. Dessert was pretty good. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah it’s really only been a problem on magic I think. Both September and February it was an issue. And only breakfast/brunch.

Sounds like a Maitre’d issue to me

• Like 3

On 5/29/2023 at 12:30 PM, kwokpot said:

It was Deck 5 right past the Aft Elevators in the hallway leading to the Carnivale Bar and Lounge. 

You really impress me with all your knowledge of all the ships you've been on!  Amazing how much you remember!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I think Stewart is definitely not happy that I left my dnd sign up when I went to breakfast. 

I've had my do not disturb sign up the entire time for the last five cruises... Carnival seems to sweat it for some reason, but Virgin Voyages and NCL were more than happy to not clean my room...

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

You really impress me with all your knowledge of all the ships you've been on!  Amazing how much you remember!

I appreciate the compliment! My husband and I have been very, very fortunate to have been able to take early retirement (the last time I worked at my financial services job was in Oct. 2004!) and traveling is how we enjoy spending our freetime. Whatsmore for me, half the enjoyment is travel planning. I use the various online travel forums as a way to engage with others. While I could have become a travel agent or an online travel influencer for ME that would be a job, and would take the enjoyment out providing travel information and helping others. 

I've been traveling internationally as an adult since the early 1980's so I've accumulated decades of travel experiences. Sharing that knowledge along with learning new things from others is what keeps me going. 

• Like 20

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I've had my do not disturb sign up the entire time for the last five cruises... Carnival seems to sweat it for some reason, but Virgin Voyages and NCL were more than happy to not clean my room...

Yeah on my magic cruise last year they pulled two girls out of the comedy club to check on them because they had DND up all cruise.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I will be happy when we get closer to a regular time zone. I kind of envisioned myself watching baseball games on the balcony during these sea days. We aren’t there yet.

IMG_6613.thumb.jpeg.d9c1a7404c4df0109ba598108c5c72a2.jpeg

They aren't playing well right now. Just got swept at home by the Blue Jays. Of course, you already knew that! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

Thank you for the photo essay and great captions of the Azores, complete with a quiz!  So many TA's cancel the Azores due to the weather, as mine did in April 2022 - Regent Miami-Barcelona, so we armchair sailors got be right there with you!  I had 24 hour refueling celebration at Lajes Field on the Azorean island of Terceria after a 10 day NASA/USAF Multi-Instrument aircraft mission to study the 1999 Leonid Meteor Storm flying from Tel Aviv to Terceria. I was really looking forward to that stop last year, but at least we crossed the Mid Atlantic Ridge. This entire post is one of the very best on CC!  Thanks! 🙂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

They aren't playing well right now. Just got swept at home by the Blue Jays. Of course, you already knew that! :classic_biggrin:

Yeah that little bell being blue means I’ll get alerts on that game. I have the mlb app alerts as well so I get double alerts on some of it. But mlb sends me the lineup card which I like.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

That's interesting!  The Limelight in NYC was a nightclub in a church.  Coincidence?  Hmmm.

undefined

I LOVED that club!

Some interesting gossip related to the Limelight Disco. I was working as a Sales Manager at a bank nearby and one of the infamous club kids from that club, Michael Alig, walked into the bank. I helped him open an account and he asked about getting a mortgage to buy an apartment. I renumerated the things he would need and he told me that he had a benefactor that would cosign the mortgage. The benefactor would be Limelight's owner, Peter Gatien. This was all before Michael was a murderer and killed a fellow Limelight club kid. I have lots of other stories from working at that bank in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 14

I was interested in grabbing a moretti which almost every bar has on tap here.

havana was full. So I head downstairs to hero’s. It’s empty, it’s all tennis all the time, and my least fav bartender is working it.

IMG_6616.thumb.jpeg.26eeac50676d73d777d63c02cfb18447.jpeg

I decide to keep going and head To the atrium where I like the staff And maybe there’s more people and better entertainment.

IMG_6619.thumb.jpeg.d9bf86c98b754e75a94bc3982ab78109.jpeg

unfortunately this is one of the few bars that doesn’t have moretti. They have peroni on tap instead so I got that.

IMG_6618.thumb.jpeg.539ecdb1bf9a8619bbbd471dee1fb71d.jpeg

• Like 10