Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Really, I'm disabled and never go to the front of the line? Maybe because they want to keep the area clear of scooters or chairs. 

Me too. On scooter, I’m never in a hurry. Don’t mind waiting, I’m on vacation. I take it nice and easy.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Are the comedians repeating their shows or are they doing different ones each time they are on?

Some repeats. What they’ve been doing is that 3:30 pg show I’ve been going to repeats at 7:45. Thats why it’s so packed at 3:30 because if you get that one in, you’re free until the 8:45 comedy show. On nights where the 8:45 show and 9:45 show are the same person, it’s a repeat.

Last night it was Arvin Mitchell at 8:45 repeating at 9:45 so I just went to the first one. Tonight it was Will Manfori and Merle Hobbs so two different shows.

Tomorrow night Merle Hobbs is doing both of the “late” shows so I expect repeats and I’ll just go to one. Most days are one 1 pg show with a repeat and 1 adult show with a repeat. Today was one of those few days where we’ve had 3 different shows.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

Unless you're wanting to go outside of the Halifax area and seeing your tours so far, I might recommend doing a HOHO or just walking it as there's a lot within walking distance as the waterfront/port is downtown.

Edited by aztekpm
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, aztekpm said:

Unless you're wanting to go outside of the Halifax area and seeing your tours so far, I might recommend doing a HOHO or just walking it as there's a lot within walking distance as the waterfront/port is downtown.

If that’s the case I may try walking it. Their hoho tour is overpriced imo. $67. That’s double what they usually are and I’m talking Los Angeles, London, Barcelona…cities with multiple routes.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Some repeats. What they’ve been doing is that 3:30 pg show I’ve been going to repeats at 7:45. Thats why it’s so packed at 3:30 because if you get that one in, you’re free until the 8:45 comedy show. On nights where the 8:45 show and 9:45 show are the same person, it’s a repeat.

Last night it was Arvin Mitchell at 8:45 repeating at 9:45 so I just went to the first one. Tonight it was Will Manfori and Merle Hobbs so two different shows.

Tomorrow night Merle Hobbs is doing both of the “late” shows so I expect repeats and I’ll just go to one. Most days are one 1 pg show with a repeat and 1 adult show with a repeat. Today was one of those few days where we’ve had 3 different shows.

Thanks. That is too bad. It used to be that the comedians said the next show was not a repeat so we would see 4 or more different shows a night. I noticed the repeats started on the Mardi Gras and continued on the Celebration. I was hoping there would be no repeats on the Venezia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Actually that’s the same old sport 24 channel. It just happpens to be carrying the playoffs I guess. And we’re closer to a normal time zone than we were a few days ago.

The Sport 24 channel on the Majestic Princess has had the NHL games at 400 and the NBA games at 430 each night since we're on AKST time, which is 4 hours behind EST.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Thanks. That is too bad. It used to be that the comedians said the next show was not a repeat so we would see 4 or more different shows a night. I noticed the repeats started on the Mardi Gras and continued on the Celebration. I was hoping there would be no repeats on the Venezia.

Yeah that’s how it used to be. This 1 pg show and 1 adult show per day stuff is a huge drop off over what it used to be. At least on Mardi Gras they’re doing the late night showcase. Here comedy is totally done at 10:15 every night. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on any ship. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

If that’s the case I may try walking it. Their hoho tour is overpriced imo. $67. That’s double what they usually are and I’m talking Los Angeles, London, Barcelona…cities with multiple routes.

Definitely walkable, we did it, you certainly can, cruise port to base of citadel is only a mile, walk all about, great views from top, enjoy your time in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah that’s how it used to be. This 1 pg show and 1 adult show per day stuff is a huge drop off over what it used to be. At least on Mardi Gras they’re doing the late night showcase. Here comedy is totally done at 10:15 every night. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on any ship. 

Yes, that is really early to end comedy (especially on sea days).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Yes, that is really early to end comedy (especially on sea days).

We get spoiled on the MG and the Celebration with all of their comedy including two 1130 pm shows in the big theater.  Hope it's that way on the Venezia for our 10 days next May, otherwise we adjust.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

We get spoiled on the MG and the Celebration with all of their comedy including two 1130 pm shows in the big theater.  Hope it's that way on the Venezia for our 10 days next May, otherwise we adjust.

Mardi Gras in 2021 had a lot of comedy. Then when they got to full capacity they realized their clubs were too small and started doing more repeats.

Celebration actually didn’t have that much. It was one pg show repeated 4 times. One adult show repeated 4 times and the showcase at night.

• Like 3