Post-COVID Muster Drills

charliedalrymple

11 minutes ago, charliedalrymple said:

Several messages I've read here sound like the muster drill is now virtual and that there is no longer an in-person gathering (which sounds wonderful).  Can someone please explain how this works?

You watch a video on line or in your cabin and check in at your assigned muster station 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You first need to connect to MedallionNet once you board the ship. Then you log into the app and go to Safety Essentials, and watch the video. You can also watch it on your cabin TV.  I usually have lunch, and then go to my cabin once it's open to drop off my suitcase and check the cabin door to see where my Muster station is.  I visit the muster station, then go enjoy sail away.  Get Muster done early, so you don't need to worry about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to mention - each person needs to watch the video on their own account.  So any cabin mate you may have will need to watch the video themselves with their own login.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Qextor said:

I forgot to mention - each person needs to watch the video on their own account.  So any cabin mate you may have will need to watch the video themselves with their own login.

You can include everyone in your cabin if you watch it on the TeeVee machine.

• Like 6

I watched the video on my television - then went down to the Muster Station and tapped my medallion on their station (which was manned by a Princess employee).

Much better, much easier!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Qextor said:

No they don’t just watch it in your cabin with everyone there on the TV and you are good to go

• Like 2

2 hours ago, memoak said:

No they don’t just watch it in your cabin with everyone there on the TV and you are good to go

4 hours ago, Qextor said:

This is incorrect, as long as both medallions are present in the room that's all that's needed. You could be on your own, and your partner gone off to the laundry for example 

• Like 2

On 5/27/2023 at 8:19 AM, Qextor said:

check the cabin door to see where my Muster station is

It tells you on the app which letter your muster station is and you can go there before watching the safety video.

Also until all passengers in the cabin have had their medallion in the vicinity of the safety video the TV in the cabin will be locked and other channels will not be available.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, david63 said:

It tells you on the app which letter your muster station is and you can go there before watching the safety video.

Also until all passengers in the cabin have had their medallion in the vicinity of the safety video the TV in the cabin will be locked and other channels will not be available.

I recall seeing the muster station before but for some reason cannot find it on the app anymore

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Pro tip:  turn your TV on when you get to your cabin and let the drill play while you unpack or go check in at your muster station

It has been on when I enter my cabin. I just hit play.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Pro tip:  turn your TV on when you get to your cabin and let the drill play while you unpack or go check in at your muster station

You cannot go to your muster station while the video is playing as you need your medallion to be scanned at the muster station as well as to get back in your cabin.

I think that you will find in most cases that you have to pass your muster station to get to your cabin anyway so may as well do it as you pass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

That's why letting it play on your phone while your at lunch saves time. You can then check in when your finished eating.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SiliconCruiser said:

The problem arises with new cruisers who ignore the video (like they do on a plane) and don't have a clue as to how to put a life jacket on, nor what to do in the event that there is an emergency announcement.

Not to callous about it but isn't that their problem to contend with?

3 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It probably is - but I have maintained for years that should the unthinkable happen it will be total chaos (both crew and passengers) and everything on the video will be out of the window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, david63 said:

It probably is - but I have maintained for years that should the unthinkable happen it will be total chaos (both crew and passengers) and everything on the video will be out of the window.

Well when they had to go to the muster and listen to the same stuff most ignored it and either talked amongst themselves or played with their phones. How could the current situation be any worse ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

New cruisers don't have a clue, they think it is the airline safety video (that they are probably also oblivious to.)  I simply took a life jacket out of the closet of one couple and asked them if they knew how to put it one.  They were bewildered and after I showed them, I'm sure they still didn't know.  I'm sure that they will be the ones impeding my path to a lifeboat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1