If you’re on the classic package, what’s the update charge for top shelf liquors like Jack Daniels?

cruisestitch

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Still hoping to find the answer (not more guesses).  All help appreciated.

If someone has a classic package, how much more will they have to pay to get Jack Daniels.

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just took a look on the App -  Apex -  The Club Bar Menu -   Apex is currently in Europe if that makes a difference.

Jack Daniels Neat -   $12.00  plus Gratuities

Doesn't Jim answer the question here?  What you pay is the difference Classic to Premium so charged $2 plus the gratuity/tax.

Edited by poffles

1 hour ago, poffles said:

Doesn't Jim answer the question here?  What you pay is the difference Classic to Premium so charged $2 plus the gratuity/tax.

Perhaps.  But checking the same drink at the Club on the current Edge sailing says JD Neat costs $10, and so it should be included in the classic package.

On 5/27/2023 at 12:10 PM, cruisestitch said:

If you’re on the classic package, what’s the up charge for top shelf liquors like Jack Daniels?  TIA

First of all, Jack Daniels is NOT bourbon but a Tennessee Whiskey. 

Secondly, Jack Daniels is far from being a premier liquor.  More bottom tier

Third, the closest you might get to a premium bourbon on a cruise ship is Woodford Reserve (slim pickens)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigAWL said:

Perhaps.  But checking the same drink at the Club on the current Edge sailing says JD Neat costs $10, and so it should be included in the classic package.

If you are looking in the App I would not trust this but this all shows there is no certainty.

My cruise in April on the Edge (2 months ago) showed different prices for like things in different bar menus in the app.  Stella was $10 in one menu and $11 in another, which do you think they charged.  If you guessed $11 (even at the bar that showed $10) you would be right, that is what the bartenders would see on their register and the $1 would apply in this case for Classic upcharge with grat/tax.  It seems the hit and miss is for things that are repriced (increased) and they just don't manage content well ... I know we are shocked by this 😉

I guess in the end, be prepared for an upcharge, pick the highest price you see here or anywhere, and be happy if/when it is less or included in your package.  Oh and if your cruise is off in the future nothing is stood in time.  Happy cruising 🙂

Edited by poffles

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

First of all, Jack Daniels is NOT bourbon but a Tennessee Whiskey. 

Secondly, Jack Daniels is far from being a premier liquor.  More bottom tier

Third, the closest you might get to a premium bourbon on a cruise ship is Woodford Reserve (slim pickens)

I believe you are in direct reference to JD Old No. 7, correct?

There are other flavours of JD which are "considered" 'Premium' and cost as such.

I Am taking a JD tasting on our sailing in a few months and will see what is actually on offer...

Cheers and bon voyage

On 5/27/2023 at 3:46 PM, Bo1953 said:

Blanton's is not currently on any X ship... to my knowledge otherwise I would have been ordering it...

Additionally, passengers can only bring wine aboard and not hard liquor. 

Were I not know this and had it confiscated at the luggage scan or in the naughty room, it would be quite a hard decision as to if I were going on that sailing as I love my Blanton's... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Hey Bo, see my Transatlantic Live Silhouette review for upgraded bourbon options.  They had Blanton’s and more.  I did not do a drink package altogether and saved money.  I also gambled and received free drinks for context.  Cheers!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Hey Bo, see my Transatlantic Live Silhouette review for upgraded bourbon options.  They had Blanton’s and more.  I did not do a drink package altogether and saved money.  I also gambled and received free drinks for context.  Cheers!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Well b color me envious...

If I see on The Reflection (WCB will be third stop LOL), and have them hide it for me!!!

Cheers and bon voyage

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bnurick said:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

There are a few “rare cruise bourbons” on that shelf like Eagle Rare, Angels Envy and Blantons.

Enjoy

Curious what is the cost for a shot?

Edited by Cruise till you drop
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, bnurick said:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Nice selection

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 2:08 PM, neverlaysup said:

Is Jack Daniels really considered a premium beverage....wow, I thought it was considered bottom tier bourbon.

agreed, to those who now, it is certainly not a fop tier beverage

23 hours ago, bnurick said:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Oh I hope they have this selection on the Summit in 2025!  It will be my boyfriend's first cruise and if he can get his Blantons and sit on deck and relax watching the sun set, I may never get him off the ship!  🤣

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

Oh I hope they have this selection on the Summit in 2025!  It will be my boyfriend's first cruise and if he can get his Blantons and sit on deck and relax watching the sun set, I may never get him off the ship!  🤣

Sounds like a good problem to have! 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Sounds like a good problem to have! 😂

Right?  I can only cross my fingers that this first cruise for him will lead to many more.  Although I did promise him that after the cruise, we'd take a train ride somewhere in the US.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 1:31 PM, soapbxking said:

agreed, to those who now, it is certainly not a fop tier beverage

In this situation it doesn’t really matter what the cognoscenti think, what matters is that Celebrity considers Jack Daniels Black to be Premium.  

On 6/2/2023 at 12:25 PM, bnurick said:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

I don't believe I've seen a bourbon shelf like that on an X cruise! I know they had some interesting product on the first day on Equinox back in August, but I guess I never made it back to Craft Social after that. I'd definitely remember Four Roses and Angel Envy...

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 10:20 AM, Bo1953 said:

I believe you are in direct reference to JD Old No. 7, correct?

There are other flavours of JD which are "considered" 'Premium' and cost as such.

I Am taking a JD tasting on our sailing in a few months and will see what is actually on offer...

Cheers and bon voyage

Jack Daniels Sinatra is definitely a premium.   I was on the Alex and it was available at the Eden bar.  I am sure that I went thru 2 bottles 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 1

@olemissreb My profound apologies suggesting that there was NO Blanton's on any X ship...

I recommend looking for it at any low-key bar and/or ask a bartender where there may be some...

I know I will be looking for it at my next sailing...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 3:11 AM, SSAtlantic said:

How did you do that? What kind of waiver? They both want the classic and make good use of it.🤣

It's pretty easy. You just call up and tell them you are an alky and that you don't drink. 

They just make you buy a soda one / zero proof. 

On 6/2/2023 at 4:09 AM, bigAWL said:

I found this online (https://profcruise.com/celebrity-bar-menus-2023/#passport) from a March 2023 sailing on the Solstice.  It's not definitive for a drink with only JD, but probably not far off.  For what it's worth, browsing through all the cocktail menus on that website would suggest that many premium package liquor cocktails can be found for $11-12.

NOTE: sailings from UK, Australia, NZ will have higher prices and higher drink package thresholds due to the included tax.

Celebrity Passport Bar Menu 2023 page 5

Going on my first cruise out of Australia next March, if you upgrade to premium is it more than $20 per person? Thanks!