Another menu item deleted?

phoenix_dream

On 5/31/2023 at 4:51 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

They did allow you order off the MDR (on the beyond it was the classics only, not the rotational) yet I was trying to get any kind of steak other than the classic sirloin on a night it wasn't on the MDR menu...Was told no, on multiple occasions every time

Who knows, maybe you can still request and receive the desserts

It seems ridiculous to eliminate two of these easiest desserts.  Every cruise I’ve been on since they returned from Covid, seems like they are taking more & more away.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

You're joking, but I love their meatloaf!  Enjoy it much more than some of the supposedly more sophisticated offerings, especially in Luminae

I was but I'm also a fan of meatloaf. Especially my wife's. 

The whole point of a cruise IMO is to be gluttonous with expensive cuts of meat and seafood. At least for some. Some try to drink their way into making the beverage package worth it lol. 

Would I ever eat tenderloin 3 days in a row on the shore? Of course not.

When i was at the emirates first lounge in dubai I literally had a wagyu tenderloin at 6am -- simply because i could. I put it in between two slices bread like a heathen and had the most expensive steak sandwich, and washed it down with a glass of Chateau Haut-Brion Pessac-Leognan 2007 worth 900 a bottle.. Just because!

I eat like a king when traveling but the rest of the time it's mainly vegetarian for me. 

Edited by arealcheapskate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Was just checking out the MDR menu in the app for my upcoming cruise on Connie departing this weekend and saw a bunch of items missing compared to our sailing last November.  So I had to seek out these threads so I could add to the hostilities.  😆

Generally, I'm not a big dessert eater at home but I force myself to get dessert when travelling.  Creme brulee is my default so I'm happy that's still an every day item.  The cheesecake was my backup default so going to miss it on the classics list (as I had it twice during my fall 7-day cruise).