Another menu item deleted?

phoenix_dream

33 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

I misspoke.  "Royal Caribbean Group is the owner and operator of Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Silverseas."  Thanks for the correction, but that doesn't change my opinion.

Who would have thought that cheesecake and maine lobster offerings would be leading indicators in cruise company financial performance? It’s pretty likely that X is currently lagging RCI. 

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Maybe, as has been suggested, getting 6000+ pax per sailing can be more profitable overall than 2400-3300? 

Maybe, maybe not. Is X more profitable than Silver Sea for that same reason? We just don't know.

11 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Actually, I believe that RCL makes it a policy for each line under its' wing have different policies on a wide array of things... 

This makes them stand out from each other...

bon voyage

If you want the more luxurious Maine lobster, book RCI, if you want lesser Spiny lobster, book X

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you want the more luxurious Maine lobster, book RCI, if you want lesser Spiny lobster, book X

You are quite correct nag, if lobster type is important, then again it has been decades since I have had lobster, then again it was in New England, I have no point of reference for its' taste at this juncture....

I can appreciate that others do and if it is the "luxury" of lobster taste and presentation and fees which are the decision points, I say go for RCI, forks down... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Regarding Maine vs Spiny lobster either can be equally tasty.  I just had a spiny lobster on a salad at the WA and it was cooked to perfection AND a very good salad.  

I think that the cruise lines overcook their lobster and make it more rubbery than it should be.  I used to think that it was the lobster,  but once I received one that was cooked properly I realized that it was the overcooking of the lobster that gave me a negative experience.

35 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Regarding Maine vs Spiny lobster either can be equally tasty.  I just had a spiny lobster on a salad at the WA and it was cooked to perfection AND a very good salad.  

I think that the cruise lines overcook their lobster and make it more rubbery than it should be.  I used to think that it was the lobster,  but once I received one that was cooked properly I realized that it was the overcooking of the lobster that gave me a negative experience.

Absolutely, my bigger gripe parroted by the waitstaff including recently on the beyond in blue recently is the same tails; waiters often say “they’re small, shall I bring you two?”

20 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Absolutely, my bigger gripe parroted by the waitstaff including recently on the beyond in blue recently is the same tails; waiters often say “they’re small, shall I bring you two?

Presumably at no additional charge...

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Presumably at no additional charge...

On our Silhouette TA last month, when DH ordered lobster and I didn't, the waiter asked if he would like mine in addition to his own at no extra cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, smtcan said:

On our Silhouette TA last month, when DH ordered lobster and I didn't, the waiter asked if he would like mine in addition to his own at no extra cost.

You just found a "hack"!  Sit at a shared table and cross your fingers someone at the table doesn't order lobster 🙃

7 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You just found a "hack"!  Sit at a shared table and cross your fingers someone at the table doesn't order lobster 🙃

Or spend your first days interviewing passengers so that by lobster night you have compiled a whole table of passengers who won’t order the lobster for themselves!  (Just make sure none of them are severely allergic to shellfish or they may discourage you from ordering it.) 😂

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

Or spend your first days interviewing passengers so that by lobster night you have compiled a whole table of passengers who won’t order the lobster for themselves!  (Just make sure none of them are severely allergic to shellfish or they may discourage you from ordering it.) 😂

Ha ha...Ask everyone "Where are you from?"  No matter how they answer, respond: "That's great, I hear there are a lot of vegans up there, are you or anyone else you're here with one of them?" 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I understand that Royal and X intentionally have differences to appeal to different interests and demographics.

But I don’t understand how it makes sense for X as the “superior mass market” division to have fewer selections, lesser quality, and smaller portions than Royal as the “mass market” segment.

Have sailed Celebrity five times pre-pandemic and just got off Liberty of the Seas two weeks ago where I was extremely pleased with all aspects of MDR and buffet food.

These reports have me concerned for the food I’ll experience on Eclipse in January.

• Haha 1

The two items they're keeping can be made from scratch using supplies on hand.  Probably cutting a supplier cost for the other two.  

Pretty soon they'll be having cabbage soup nights in the MDR.  Chili for Chic Nights.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

The two items they're keeping can be made from scratch using supplies on hand.  Probably cutting a supplier cost for the other two.  

Pretty soon they'll be having cabbage soup nights in the MDR.  Chili for Chic Nights.  

When will meatloaf be served? Don't want to miss that.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Do people really choose cruise lines based on lobster ??? I want neither, who do I go with then? 🤔

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Do people really choose cruise lines based on lobster ??? I want neither, who do I go with then? 🤔

You don’t want lobster?  You should go on my next celebrity sailing and sit with us at a shared table

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

When will meatloaf be served? Don't want to miss that.

I believe Meatloaf is on one of the Blu menus.   Even pre covid they would have it on the Carving station in the buffet at lunch.  That made me laugh.

38 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

From cheesecake to lobster in four pages or less...

And I don't get it either. If I just wanted to eat lobster (which I don't) I'd just go to Lobsterfest® at Red Lobster and save my money...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mayleeman said:

If they offer chilli, I'm good...but only if they have corbread.

Only if there are no beans. I think beans in chili is still a criminal offense in Texas...  😁

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, markeb said:

Only if there are no beans. I think beans in chili is still a criminal offense in Texas...  😁

Texans are scared of beans? SMH! Beans are crucial! And during Covid, they helped you keep social distance!

• Haha 1