West palm airport return ride from port everglades

sds

Hello didnt see much about West Palm beach airport here but I got an incredible deal with perfect times so looking for some insight if anyone else has done this and what they did. I have found car services for my party of 5 with luggage so I do have something in the pipe but figured I see what else was out there. I dont see many people flying into this airprt is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance.

Ok thank you I am flying in from NY and it was considerable cheaper and way better times than newark,jfk,lga swf which are all close to me. Additionally the 52 min drive is not bad considering mia to fla is about 40 mins it is a viable option if you are coming from NYC area prices to fly in are nearly half. Fyi renting a car at pbi and dropping it off at fll is about 90 bucks not bad for 5 people and luggage and having the flexibility to shop before I leave the next day. I may just rent again and do reverse trip dropping car off the same day once I get back. Like I said just seeing what others may have done. For those that will read this post I will follow up and give you my outcome upon my return.

It’s an easy airport to us, but does not have much in the way of amenities.

As the PP mentioned, it doesn’t serve a wide range of airports with nonstop service.

Note that travel time is highly variable, so please plan accordingly..

I.d expect that it would take 1:10 ang time between 4pm and 7:300m M-F.

Edited by FOPMan

I am flying in the day before so no worries. Thank you for the heads up I will keep all this in mind since I am touching down at 630 pm on a Friday lol so we shall see.

Best thing to do is either pay the high rates for an Uber or take Uber to TriRail. TriRail to WPB, then Uber to PBI. It is all going to take time and money. It just depends on whether the $ difference is worth not just taking Uber directly.

I just checked with a car service they quoted me 200 ish all in for 5 of us and luggage this maybe the way to go at this point I have found same day rentals also for around 160 but for the extra cash I may just go with car service I will continue the search thanks for the input.

Edited by sds

West Palm Beach (PBI) has exceptionally good TSA and Pre-Check service in its two concourses.  The TSA people have been there forever.

One advantage for the flyer is that JetBlue, Southwest, and Delta have reduced their activity at PBI, which means shorter lines and easier check in procedures, etc

You almost never have to worry about long lines at PBI.  There just aren't enough flights going in and out.  Airline counter lines are usually very short, and security is usually very quick.

I took a flight out of PBI to Atlanta and then back, and the differences in lines was astronomical.  Atlanta was a nightmare.  Just like FLL and MIA can be.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Follow up PBI was the way to go car service was great ended up being picked up by brand new Lincolnon navigator dropped right at the gate. Easy tsa nice airport way way way less chaotic than Fll and Mia . PS Uber was 250 for the same exact ride not including tip I pre arranged for 175 tip included surge pricing is highway robbery so be aware that it can get pretty expensive.

Edited by sds
new info
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sds said:

Follow up PBI was the way to go car service was great ended up being picked up by brand new Lincolnon navigator dropped right at the gate. Easy tsa nice airport way way way less chaotic than Fll and Mia . PS Uber was 250 for the same exact ride not including tip I pre arranged for 175 tip included surge pricing is highway robbery so be aware that it can get pretty expensive.

Glad to hear it went well.  PBI is a locals airport.  No one is flying there for a connection, and there aren't huge cruise ships or theme parks nearby that people are getting to.  In fact, PBI can be a pretty sleepy little airport - if you are stuck there for a while there isn't really anything to keep you entertained.

Interestingly, PBI is one of the busiest private jet airports in the country.  Lots and lots of private planes flying in from NY and elsewhere, especially when the winter season starts.