LIVE, Resilient Lady- 6/4-6/11

MeganGC1983

1 hour ago, pcrum said:

Do you know about crowds in Sept/Oct?  I'm thinking to book for either next May or Sept/Oct.  I definitely want to avoid the crowds.  I live in Orlando, tourist central, and know what summer crowds are like, lol.  

Everyone we spoke to said Greece is phenomenal in September/October- still warm out, water is warm enough to swim, and not a ton of tourists left!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pcrum said:

Do you know about crowds in Sept/Oct?  I'm thinking to book for either next May or Sept/Oct.  I definitely want to avoid the crowds.  I live in Orlando, tourist central, and know what summer crowds are like, lol.  

I hear the busy season ends in Sept. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

When you have a moment - 

so it is tender from ship TO speed boat to Oai coast area (tickets?) TO an uphill walk to bus (tickets?) TO Oai? On Pride in October, making copious notes. Ty. 

Hey. So tender from the ship to the Fira port. You will see shops selling the speed boat trip to Oia. 15 Euros each and it covers speed boat, bus up and bus back to Fira (up top). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Sorry y’all even back up battery my phone died. Current view. 

B92FFC40-C1C7-4238-BD9C-6B08ED2E2F2F.jpeg

Things that make you go ahhhhhhhhhh. 

And make you think, why didn't I use that VV credit to sail Greece?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Megan - I don't know if you have heard of DK Oyster in Platys Gialos on Mykonos.  According to a few articles I have read online they are a famous tourist rip off place.  People have been charged $800 for dinner there.  Just a heads up.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BohJang said:

Megan - I don't know if you have heard of DK Oyster in Platys Gialos on Mykonos.  According to a few articles I have read online they are a famous tourist rip off place.  People have been charged $800 for dinner there.  Just a heads up.

Yeah I found a tip online somewhere that you also should always take a picture of the menu before ordering, because if you get your bill and the prices are higher and ask for the menu, they’ll give you a menu with the higher prices that match your inflated bill 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, BohJang said:

Here's a sample:

https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/06/02/mykonos-bar-american-tourists/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/worldnews/22587245/sunbed-scam-at-greek-bar-mykonos-dk-oyster/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Awesome pictures of Santorini! Ever since I saw the movie "Summer Lovers" back in the 80's, I've always wanted to go there! 😁

uh huh - Was it a scantily dressed Daryl Hannah or Santorini that peaked your interest 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2