Air Canada Rouge ?

LHT28

It really depends on how full the flight is.

DH and I were preparing to head home from Mexico, doing the advanced check-in on-line (24 hrs) and a pop-up message asked if I would like to upgrade for $100 each. YES PLEASE!

Our next flight is in 12 days, and the "bid for an upgrade" from YVR to LHR starts at $900 each, so that's a "no" at this time. Will see if another pop-up message awaits at check in 🫠

13 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

Our next flight is in 12 days, and the "bid for an upgrade" from YVR to LHR starts at $900 each, so that's a "no" at this time. Will see if another pop-up message awaits at check in 🫠

Upgrade for what category to ???

3 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

Upgrade from Premium economy to Business. Sorry, I was saying it in my head but forgot to actually type that part! LOL

LOL 

Ok  for  me it  would YES PLEASE

• Like 1

I hope that everyone understands that there is no such thing as Premium Economy or Business Class with lie flat seats on Rouge, that would be Air Canada mainline only. Rouge does have a class above Economy called Premium Rouge which has larger seats ( 2 abreast instead of 3 ) and other perks. Just wanted to clarify.

• Like 3

Just now, isnowman said:

I hope that everyone understands that there is no such thing as Premium Economy or Business Class with lie flat seats on Rouge, that would be Air Canada mainline only. Rouge does have a class above Economy called Premium Rouge which has larger seats ( 2 abreast instead of 3 ) and other perks. Just wanted to clarify.

You're correct, of course.  Premium Rouge is the only way I'd step on board the slave ship that regular Rouge is

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, isnowman said:

Yes  I think the thread  took  a  turn someplace  along the way 😄

On 7/5/2023 at 8:52 PM, Yowman said:

You're correct, of course.  Premium Rouge is the only way I'd step on board the slave ship that regular Rouge is

Premium Rouge is an oxymoron

On 7/5/2023 at 8:50 PM, isnowman said:

Quite true, we flew Premium Rouge from YUL to FLL a few weeks ago.  At certain times of the year, there is limited mainline AC service from here to Fort Lauderdale and we're stuck with Rouge. The "Premium" experience wasn't horrible by any means, though obviously if a decent direct AC flight had been available we would have taken it over Rouge.

1 minute ago, lx200gps said:

Quite true, we flew Premium Rouge from YUL to FLL a few weeks ago.  At certain times of the year, there is limited mainline AC service from here to Fort Lauderdale and we're stuck with Rouge. The "Premium" experience wasn't horrible by any means, though obviously if a decent direct AC flight had been available we would have taken it over Rouge.

All flights to Florida appear to be Rouge , so really if you want a direct flight you have suck it up 😁

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

All flights to Florida appear to be Rouge , so really if you want a direct flight you have suck it up 😁

Yup, did that ;o( Luckily it appears to be seasonal and at some times of the year we can fly on "real" AC. It's amazing how  a simple luxury like a real TV screen can make such a big difference.

44 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

At least with PR you get access to the lounge 

we flew BIZ on AA   you get nothing  unless you have  status with AA

10 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

At least with PR you get access to the lounge 

we flew BIZ on AA   you get nothing  unless you have  status with AA

PR gives the same food service as AC J along with similar seats to AC J, which is nice.  Also free Wi-Fi.  Downside is having to use a personal device for watching video.

1 minute ago, Yowman said:

PR gives the same food service as AC J along with similar seats to AC J, which is nice.  Also free Wi-Fi.  Downside is having to use a personal device for watching video.

I do not bother with watching video   usually a 3hr flight  we do

Maybe if longer flight  it would be  useful

Actually I think AC  give  better meals  JMO

22 minutes ago, Yowman said:

Premium Rouge seats are closest in comparison to Premium Economy on mainline AC, for the widebody aircraft. Narrow body aircraft J and PR are pretty much the same.

For meals, closest comparison would be premium economy (better than back of the bus).

J class pod seats and meals on widebodies far surpass anything offered on Rouge 

17 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

J class pod seats and meals on widebodies far surpass anything offered on Rouge 

So is the price  but  it was the best sleep I have had on an airplane   😉

• Like 1

they still have  non stop AC  from MIA to YYZ    at least in Oct  when we  are flying  but now  waiting to see what  their pilots will be doing  then

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

they still have  non stop AC  from MIA to YYZ    at least in Oct  when we  are flying  but now  waiting to see what  their pilots will be doing  then

Same concern for us. We have a cruise leaving Ft Lauderdale mid-November so hoping the pilots' contract will be sorted by then! I went so far as to check availability of United flights from Seattle but would much rather fly direct YVR - MIA

6 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

Same concern for us. We have a cruise leaving Ft Lauderdale mid-November so hoping the pilots' contract will be sorted by then! I went so far as to check availability of United flights from Seattle but would much rather fly direct YVR - MIA

I hope sooner

we fly out Sept 29th the day they can strike

Good luck

26 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I hope sooner

we fly out Sept 29th the day they can strike

Good luck

My guess is they will still be negotiating at that point, and likelihood of strike that day are small. Will be monitoring closely!

Good luck to you too! 

• Thanks 1

Last weekend, our flight from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto was Rouge, we were in business, so I believe that is premium rouge. It was the A321-200 and it was actually nice and comfy. The seats had foot rests that came up from under the chair, ipad holders on the back of the seat in front of you and storage in the arm rest. It seemed like a new plane and was way nicer and more comfortable than our Air Canada flight home to Edmonton on the A320-200, which was older and worn.  

12 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

Last weekend, our flight from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto was Rouge, we were in business, so I believe that is premium rouge. It was the A321-200 and it was actually nice and comfy. The seats had foot rests that came up from under the chair, ipad holders on the back of the seat in front of you and storage in the arm rest. It seemed like a new plane and was way nicer and more comfortable than our Air Canada flight home to Edmonton on the A320-200, which was older and worn.  

At  $1500 pp  do not think I will be  doing  RP 

In the past they were about $600 pp   it  was worth it  at that price  for us

• Like 1