Air Canada Rouge ?

LHT28

Due to circumstances  I find  us  having to fly on Rouge out of FLL  back to YYZ 😲

We have flown with them before  but only in Premium

The Premium seats  are  way out of our budget  so question on the Preferred seats compared to the regular economy

Are the Preferred  that much bigger/comfortable ? 

The extra fee is $65 pp but if the seats are  not any better then economy   it probably is not worth it

Anyone  flown in the Preferred seats on Rouge ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Due to circumstances  I find  us  having to fly on Rouge out of FLL  back to YYZ 😲

The Premium seats  are  way out of our budget  so question on the Preferred seats compared to the regular economy

The extra fee is $65 pp but if the seats are  not any better then economy   it probably is not worth it

Thanks

The last time it was before Covid , so I don’t know if it is the same 

it was just extra leg room , and closer to to front of the plane 

On the bright side it is only a 3 hr flight 😁

44 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The last time it was before Covid , so I don’t know if it is the same 

it was just extra leg room , and closer to to front of the plane 

On the bright side it is only a 3 hr flight 😁

Yes  true 😄

Some of the Preferred seats  are in the middle now 

Might spring for  them  but will see if premium seats come down a bit before Oct

I can dream🙂

Thanks

Preferred seats are 5-6 rows directly behind the first 10-11 rows. They’re roomier and can be separated by the half curtain or bulkhead. I don’t recommend those if you’ve mobility issues. But for the price you also have choices of beverage incl wine and beer, snack, and lunch which is not part of the economy fare. They’re really worth in on the shorter haul flights. Happy landings!

• 2 weeks later...

AC Rough Rogue seats, no thanks.  I've had it once San Diego to Toronto.  I'll stay away as much as possible.

It's a scam aeroplan charges the same redemption points for those awful awful rough rogue seats as mainline AC planes.

5 minutes ago, Middleager said:

AC Rough Rogue seats, no thanks.  I've had it once San Diego to Toronto.  I'll stay away as much as possible.

Well it is  an option for us   or we can get a later flight from MIA but  a much longer  day to get home

So as DH says  "suck it up for 3 hrs on Rouge  & be home early evening  instead  of midnight

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Well it is  an option for us   or we can get a later flight from MIA but  a much longer  day to get home

So as DH says  "suck it up for 3 hrs on Rouge  & be home early evening  instead  of midnight

Also there not much choice , Air Transat , West Jet is no better 

maybe once Porter starts flying to FLL it maybe better 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 4:04 PM, LHT28 said:

3 hours on a Rouge flight equals 3 hours in hell.  No thanks.

• Like 1

I have to agree with @TheHawk1, however, I have found that you will experience a lesser hell if you choose your seats wisely.  When I used to take Rouge to Mexico City from Toronto I used to get row H or K, exit rows which were roomy.  But then again, it is still Rouge.

3 minutes ago, Magicat said:

I have to agree with @TheHawk1, however, I have found that you will experience a lesser hell if you choose your seats wisely.  When I used to take Rouge to Mexico City from Toronto I used to get row H or K, exit rows which were roomy.  But then again, it is still Rouge.

no exit rows  for us  as we are not capable of getting doors open in an emergency

one of life's challenges 😉

3 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Any bulkhead seats still open? At least then you’d get a bit more legroom 🤷‍♀️

Yes at  $65 pp  & you run the risk of being bumped  by  someone  that  needs the seat  for  a handicapped person

I have done Rouge in BIZ   & it was fine  but not paying $1000  PP 

Thanks for all the comments

will just have to go with the flow  & crappy Rouge

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

So what airline would you fly ? 

Thankfully it’s not any further for me to drive to Detroit than it is to Toronto, so for North American flights I usually take Delta. I would consider trying Porter if they would expand their network. For transatlantic flights, I still fly out of Pearson and find that mainline Air Canada is ok. But I refuse to fly Rouge. It’s not any better than Spirit.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 7:35 PM, LHT28 said:

Yes at  $65 pp  & you run the risk of being bumped  by  someone  that  needs the seat  for  a handicapped person

I have done Rouge in BIZ   & it was fine  but not paying $1000  PP 

Thanks for all the comments

will just have to go with the flow  & crappy Rouge

If your handicapped you are allowed to sit in the exit rows.   Bulkhead yes.   

2 hours ago, em-sk said:

If your handicapped you are allowed to sit in the exit rows.   Bulkhead yes.   

So a handicapped person can book an exit row ?

I would think it would be a safety issue in an emergency

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

So a handicapped person can book an exit row ?

I would think it would be a safety issue in an emergency

Yes, airlines restrict who can sit in exit rows. I suspect that @em-sk dropped a word and meant to say "If your (sic) handicapped you are not allowed to sit in the exit rows.   Bulkhead yes."

From Air Canada:

Can anyone sit in an exit row?
For safety reasons, not everyone can sit in an exit row. Exit row seating restrictions are detailed in our Terms and Conditions.

Exit row seating restrictions
It’s important to know that not everyone can sit in an exit row. To sit in an exit row, you must be:

• 18 years of age or older, or at least 12 years old and accompanied in the exit row by someone from the same booking who is at least 18 years old.
  • Able to read and understand English or French, and provide oral instructions in one of the two languages
  • Able to visually assess if it is safe to open the emergency exit
  • Free from any disability, condition or responsibilities (such as attending to another person) that may prevent you from performing the functions required to open an emergency exit
  • Able to operate and safely evacuate through the emergency exit, and willing to assist in an evacuation in the event of an emergency
  • You must inform Air Canada if, between time of booking and the day of the flight, the above requirements can no longer be met. If, for any reason, you do not inform Air Canada, the passenger(s) will be moved from the exit row seat at departure time

Other seating restrictions

• Passengers may not travel with a  pet in the cabin when seated in an exit or bulkhead row
  • You may be moved from your Preferred Seat without notice in the event of an involuntary schedule or airport change (e.g., flight disruption, cancellation) to accommodate a passenger with a disability, or for any other reason that requires Air Canada to move you prior to departure or during the flight
  • If you are moved from your Preferred Seat for one of these reasons, you may  request a refund for your Preferred Seat charges

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, airlines restrict who can sit in exit rows. I suspect that @em-sk dropped a word and meant to say "If your (sic) handicapped you are not all

I know  that they  restrict the seats there

Usually  EM  has good info  so was surprised by her post

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, airlines restrict who can sit in exit rows. I suspect that @em-sk dropped a word and meant to say "If your (sic) handicapped you are not allowed to sit in the exit rows.   Bulkhead yes."

From Air Canada:

Can anyone sit in an exit row?
For safety reasons, not everyone can sit in an exit row. Exit row seating restrictions are detailed in our Terms and Conditions.

Exit row seating restrictions
It’s important to know that not everyone can sit in an exit row. To sit in an exit row, you must be:

• 18 years of age or older, or at least 12 years old and accompanied in the exit row by someone from the same booking who is at least 18 years old.
  • Able to read and understand English or French, and provide oral instructions in one of the two languages
  • Able to visually assess if it is safe to open the emergency exit
  • Free from any disability, condition or responsibilities (such as attending to another person) that may prevent you from performing the functions required to open an emergency exit
  • Able to operate and safely evacuate through the emergency exit, and willing to assist in an evacuation in the event of an emergency
  • You must inform Air Canada if, between time of booking and the day of the flight, the above requirements can no longer be met. If, for any reason, you do not inform Air Canada, the passenger(s) will be moved from the exit row seat at departure time

Other seating restrictions

• Passengers may not travel with a  pet in the cabin when seated in an exit or bulkhead row
  • You may be moved from your Preferred Seat without notice in the event of an involuntary schedule or airport change (e.g., flight disruption, cancellation) to accommodate a passenger with a disability, or for any other reason that requires Air Canada to move you prior to departure or during the flight
  • If you are moved from your Preferred Seat for one of these reasons, you may  request a refund for your Preferred Seat charges

Also if your drunk they can remove from the seat 😁

seen that happened 

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I know  that they  restrict the seats there

Usually  EM  has good info  so was surprised by her post

Typo on my part.   Should have been "not allowed".   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 1:44 PM, LHT28 said:

Thanks

I would avoid Air Canada  Rouge at all costs. I did it once. There was almost a riot on the plane because of small seats and no legroom. Life is too short.

• Haha 1