Call me a cheerleader if you must

phoenix_dream

2 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

But, again, not surprising. I will say, however, that it appears X is primarily catering to suite level rather than any category below that.

Just booked B2B Alaska this August. We have done suites many times with Celebrity but the price was right for an inside cabin. Suites on Alaska cruises are not worth it in my opinion. To cold for the balcony/Retreat outdoor area for the amount of time you spend on them.  Never experienced - "not catering to categories lower than a suite". Looking forward to being in the bilge - the price was right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

Looking forward to being in the bilge - the price was right. 

LOL. Not sure we want to try Suite or not - might at some point. Friend of mine who often does it said the prices shot up significantly. We were less impressed with Aqua this time and certain aspects of Blu, so not sure what the next step would be with room category. The Aqua class room size is not much different than regular verandah (what used to be called 2A and B, I think?)  After being in the larger Viking rooms, it feels cramped for space. Get tired of the closet and bathroom doors nearly hitting each other. My favorite room is still the Grand Suite on RCL.  The same friend who sails with X frequently, believes that the focus of best service and amenities, etc. is on the newer ships. I haven't been on anything other than Infinity and Summit, but from what he says there's little comparison with the Beyond and Edge. Both look really impressive.

Edited by OnTheJourney

On 6/3/2023 at 5:46 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I wouldn't count on an inactive roll call meaning a not-full ship. The one for my upcoming cruise is not active at all and yet the sailing is sold out per Celebrity's website.

I agree, our last cruise was in South America on a full ship and it was the most in-active roll call I have ever seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, we sailed Apex on May 14-25 British Isles - absolutely loved it! Stay in an infinite veranda to see what all the fuss was about these E class balconies. I for one liked it. We ate in main dinning room 7 nights of the 11 and can say the food quality and selection was very good. Ate the specialty dinning the other 4 nights and Fine Cut was best by far to us, the Raw on Five was just okay. Finally, Martini Bar was our favorite hang out.

So I am in the cheerleader camp as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just logged on because I was missing being on our cruise and saw this post.  We are 27 days after our 1st Celebrity cruise on Beyond and loved everything about the ship and trip from beginning to end. Only complaint was bar service was a little slower after our favorite bartender left mid week for vacay, but that complaint is more us being spoiled by our guy’s incredible service from Sunday to Tuesday.  We’ve been on 14 Carnival, 1 RC,1 Celebrity and can’t wait to book more on Celebrity.  Beyond was beautiful, the food was plenty and we always found something we liked, drinks were made perfectly, but the one thing that stood out the most was how friendly every crew member was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Guest 4-2-N-8

IMO, Celebrity performs quite well.

I'm an air/land traveler historically, but tried one cruise this year, Western Caribbean in an EV on Beyond. Superb all around.

So, in the spirit of confirming my first experience to not have been a one off (superior) anomaly — what with so much negativity in this forum — I'm embarking for a second go around on Beyond for an 11-night Eastern Mediterranean jaunt.

Hopefully, the ship, stateroom, and service prove equally exceptional this time around.

Looking very much forward to it.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

9 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Just logged on because I was missing being on our cruise and saw this post.  We are 27 days after our 1st Celebrity cruise on Beyond and loved everything about the ship and trip from beginning to end. Only complaint was bar service was a little slower after our favorite bartender left mid week for vacay, but that complaint is more us being spoiled by our guy’s incredible service from Sunday to Tuesday.  We’ve been on 14 Carnival, 1 RC,1 Celebrity and can’t wait to book more on Celebrity.  Beyond was beautiful, the food was plenty and we always found something we liked, drinks were made perfectly, but the one thing that stood out the most was how friendly every crew member was. 

I was just in Beyond and it was great.  Nice to see a positive review.

• Like 2

Celebrity provides an excellent product I believe.  We sailed the Edge this past January and I was hesitant about the Infinity Verandah.  However, my DH and I both loved it.  It was so cool having that extra space.  The staff were some of the most hospitable people you would ever want to meet.  Always saying hello and asking you how you were doing.  The food in Eden was amazing.  Definitely will sail Celebrity Edge class again.

• Like 3