2 cabins My Time, 1 cabin Early

soccermom4

Was just looking at details for our upcoming cruise on Pride.  My original invoice says that all 3 of our cabins (6 family members) are My Time Dining.  Now in the Hub, 2 of the cabins are My Time and 1 shows Early Dining.  Should I attempt to resolve this when we get onboard, or will the cabin with Early be okay joining us for My Time every night?  We haven't doing My Time on Carnival - just HAL and RCCL, where you just go and wait, no reservations.

You need to talk to them. If they have a assigned time, seats are saved for them in Mdr.

I've done anytime I think 3 times since restart. What I did was push a button and it assigned a table and then I showed it to the waiters at the entrance who took me to the table. The computer matching was so fast I waited until I was in the lobby outside the Mdr.

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

To clarify @soccermom4, the Early Assigned diners are NOT permitted to simply 'show up' at YTD and get seated. They absolutely will be turned away. On most ships, Assigned Time dining doesn't even happen in the same MDR. Even on Pride, YTD is upstairs while Assigned is downstairs.  You should make every attempt to resolve this now getting all three cabins assigned to the same MDR 'slot'. I would 100% not wait until you are onboard or you may end up unable to make an appropriate change.

• Like 1

Hmm. Guess I’ll have to call. Reservations made through travel agent. I thought they were linked because I made all of them together and it’s my husband and our 4 kids (in their 20s). They were all showing MTD until recently when the one weirdly changed to Early. Thanks for the advice 

1 hour ago, soccermom4 said:

Hmm. Guess I’ll have to call. Reservations made through travel agent. I thought they were linked because I made all of them together and it’s my husband and our 4 kids (in their 20s). They were all showing MTD until recently when the one weirdly changed to Early. Thanks for the advice 

If reservations were made through a TA, the TA needs to call.  

Carnival can’t talk to you if you booked thru a travel agent. If you go into your cruise manager on Carnival.com, you should be able to open your planner and scroll down to see your cabin occupants then the next line should show the other cabins that are linked to you. If they’re not, then you can add them. I didn’t think you could actually use the Hub until you were on board?

Thanks. I said Hub but it was actually the Cruise Manager. I can see all 3 reservations and can “manage “ them. But I added that after I noticed the dining issue. TA is closed for the weekend. 🤪

On 6/2/2023 at 3:14 PM, jsglow said:

To clarify @soccermom4, the Early Assigned diners are NOT permitted to simply 'show up' at YTD and get seated. They absolutely will be turned away. On most ships, Assigned Time dining doesn't even happen in the same MDR. Even on Pride, YTD is upstairs while Assigned is downstairs.  You should make every attempt to resolve this now getting all three cabins assigned to the same MDR 'slot'. I would 100% not wait until you are onboard or you may end up unable to make an appropriate change.

Nothing is absolute.  They will work with you.  It's literally their job 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FastShip24 said:

Once the dining slots are full, they are full.  Those already on wait lists will have priority but if you are on Assigned Dining, you can't just show up at ATD to be seated.  You will be directed to Lido

18 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Once the dining slots are full, they are full.  Those already on wait lists will have priority but if you are on Assigned Dining, you can't just show up at ATD to be seated.  You will be directed to Lido

So your family are all assigned to the same dining time when you book although booked in different cabins but Carnival arbitrarily changes one of your families dining times and Carnival is just going to say,"too bad, so sad"? Your family won't be eating together this cruise.

I don't think so. Have to side with Fastship24 on this one.

45 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

So your family are all assigned to the same dining time when you book although booked in different cabins but Carnival arbitrarily changes one of your families dining times and Carnival is just going to say,"too bad, so sad"? Your family won't be eating together this cruise.

I don't think so. Have to side with Fastship24 on this one.

That is not what the OP said.  They said they assumed the Travel agent linked them.  When you book, you are requesting dining times, subject to changes.  

16 hours ago, FastShip24 said:

Of course they will TRY to work with you. My only point is that Fixed Time dining folks can't arbitrarily show up to the YTD receptionist and expect accommodation.

The solution for this problem is to get the cabins linked NOW and the dining to be coordinated now prior to ever setting foot on the ship. I have no doubt the 1-800 team can get this squared away correctly. The OP simply may not have realized that YTD isn't some kind of catch-all Plan B for all folks onboard. It's most assuredly not. 

I will not under any circumstances wait in the guest services in the first night, as long as I can get in my room and we have our luggage.

However. I will almost always wait in the maitre d line the first night to make sure our dining arrangements are correct. 

28 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Of course they will TRY to work with you. My only point is that Fixed Time dining folks can't arbitrarily show up to the YTD receptionist and expect accommodation.

The solution for this problem is to get the cabins linked NOW and the dining to be coordinated now prior to ever setting foot on the ship. I have no doubt the 1-800 team can get this squared away correctly. The OP simply may not have realized that YTD isn't some kind of catch-all Plan B for all folks onboard. It's most assuredly not. 

Every knows you cannot just show, but if they did, they would try to accommodate you.  They know exactly  who has eaten, who have signed up and who has gone to speciality dining .  You can also go the the dining room upon arrival onboard and talk to the staff. It is quite easy

15 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

That is not true.  They know how many tables are reserved, how many have already checked in, and how many went to a specialty dinner.  There are always many open tables. All you have to do is ask. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FastShip24 said:

That is not true.  They know how many tables are reserved, how many have already checked in, and how many went to a specialty dinner.  There are always many open tables. All you have to do is ask. 

It is most certainly true.  Slots fill.  On ships like the Mardi Gras, the MDRs are small.  If you aren't assigned to a dining room, it doesn't matter if it is empty.  It is possible to arrange with the Maitre to be re-assigned but you can't just walk up

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

It is most certainly true.  Slots fill.  On ships like the Mardi Gras, the MDRs are small.  If you aren't assigned to a dining room, it doesn't matter if it is empty.  It is possible to arrange with the Maitre to be re-assigned but you can't just walk up

We all understand that. But you can.. all you have to do is ask.  Try it.  Sheesh

2 hours ago, FastShip24 said:

We all understand that. But you can.. all you have to do is ask.  Try it.  Sheesh

The point is that you shoudn't wait until you get aboard to fix this problem.  The earlier you address it, the better the chances are that they will be able to fix things for you.

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

The point is that you shoudn't wait until you get aboard to fix this problem.  The earlier you address it, the better the chances are that they will be able to fix things for you.

I completely understand that but to say you absolutely cannot is not true..they are always accommodating ony experience 

@FastShip24, the OPs original question clearly suggested to me that everyone doesn't necessarily 'know' that a Fixed Time diner can't just use YTD as a fallback unannounced. I've actually seen threads here on CC asking that exact question. Here, the OP asked a good question, got good information on how to fix it, and can act accordingly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jsglow said:

@FastShip24, the OPs original question clearly suggested to me that everyone doesn't necessarily 'know' that a Fixed Time diner can't just use YTD as a fallback unannounced. I've actually seen threads here on CC asking that exact question. Here, the OP asked a good question, got good information on how to fix it, and can act accordingly.

Yes, I can read . And comprehend.  My point, if you read, is that if it did happen, in my experience, the staff would try and accommodate.  Nothing is absolute in life.  Take a breath