AARP Rewards eGift Cards

bhawks9

I think I recall someone posting in another thread that they ordered some from Newegg, but later got a message saying that they ran out.  So, maybe some of those waiting will end up with their order cancelled?  Will try to find the other post.

2 minutes ago, missnd said:

I think I recall someone posting in another thread that they ordered some from Newegg, but later got a message saying that they ran out.  So, maybe some of those waiting will end up with their order cancelled?  Will try to find the other post.

I hope not.  I just checked my Amex account and it has the charge but says pending.

41 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Did you finally get yours?  I'm still waiting and it is around 45 minutes that I ordered them.

Not yet and it is just about 3.5 hours.  When I ordered it said I would receive within one hour. 😞 

I checked my cc and it still says pending.  Also dh says pending too but that is not unusual.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I hope not.  I just checked my Amex account and it has the charge but says pending.

9 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Thank you. I completed my order, but have not received my cards😒

4 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Not yet and it is just about 3.5 hours.  When I ordered it said I would receive within one hour. 😞 

I checked my cc and it still says pending.  Also dh says pending too but that is not unusual.  

I bought 4 cards at 10:04 Eastern time this morning and they all came in the same email 3 minutes later.  My Amex account shows the purchase as "Pending" but that happens all the time with the AMEX card.  If it's pending with Amex, it means Newegg billed your Amex card, so the purchase was approved.  Keep checking your spam folder, the Newegg email may be sitting there.

@Daniel A I have checked spam folder.  I just called Newegg but wait time was 20 minutes so asked for them to call me back.  Dh bought some probably about10-15 minutes after me.  He got his just as quick as you.  For him it was his first time ordering.  I had ordered one time before and that took two hours.  

• Like 1

The first time I ordered I had the pending issue.   The next day the email came with the cards.  Not sure why Newegg has this issue.  Using the same card I did with AARP rewards and never had an issue. 

5 minutes ago, bhawks9 said:

The first time I ordered I had the pending issue.   The next day the email came with the cards.  Not sure why Newegg has this issue.  Using the same card I did with AARP rewards and never had an issue. 

First they said card was denied. (I have a very large max). Then I used another card. My card was billed. I will wait and see.

My cards came within 4 minutes, but my husband ordered his about an hour later (around 9:15 eastern) and they still haven't come over 3 hours later.  Newegg says the order is processing and it should take up to three hours but could take up to one day.  So I guess we'll wait...

I called Newegg and was told it was processing.  Processing could take up to 48 hours.  It is a different dept than the rep.  Apparently it is additional processing.  I asked if it was like security at the airport where some people are randomly picked for additional scanning.  She didn't know.  

@chubbypiggy I think you have to set up a login.  Try it out to see.

22 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Do you need to register to be a Newegg member in order to buy the discounted gift cards?

This was my first time buying from Newegg and I didn't need to become a member.  There was an option of logging in with a onetime passcode.  I used that.

1 minute ago, dickinson said:

I called Newegg and was told it was processing.  Processing could take up to 48 hours.  It is a different dept than the rep.  Apparently it is additional processing.  I asked if it was like security at the airport where some people are randomly picked for additional scanning.  She didn't know.  

@chubbypiggy I think you have to set up a login.  Try it out to see.

Yes, I registered and bought my cards (about an hour ago; haven't received eCards yet). .  Now, my sister wants to buy her cards, and she said if not needed, she rather not register.  I will tell her to try it out to see.  Thanks. 

I tried the one-time passcode, and it seemed to work like 'forget my password'.

Just created a free account.

It still shows that we can order the cards in our cart.  But I don't know what would happen if we entered the payment info and tried to order.

Looks like everyone is hanging up in 'processing'.

My husband is now not so sure he wants to mess with this????

Doesn't want to be left with cards if we don't take this next booked cruise and do not cruise again very soon.

2 hours ago, FlutePrayer said:

I'm waiting, too. All will be well in the end. 🥳

I safely received my cards about 2.5 hours after they were ordered. My DH was also able to order and is awaiting his email.

It sounds very much as if the Newegg purchases require human intervention to "process".

OR...

They are utilizing "batch" processing methods.  (I thought that went out of style *years* ago...)

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

2 hours ago, FlutePrayer said:

I'm waiting, too. All will be well in the end. 🥳

NewEgg Order confirmed at 9:26 a.m. (EST).  Digital Card received at 1:32 p.m.  Card used successfully at 1:33. 😀 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

My cards came within 4 minutes, but my husband ordered his about an hour later (around 9:15 eastern) and they still haven't come over 3 hours later.  Newegg says the order is processing and it should take up to three hours but could take up to one day.  So I guess we'll wait...

Mu husband just got his and I've successfully applied them to our balance.  So all is good!

• Like 1

So it occurred to me after getting my fill of GCs on Newegg, that possibly, and contrary to my previous hypothesis that on AARP all us CC'ers were driving the redemption rate too high to be profitable for Princess, could it be:

Once AARP made the gift cards to be accessible to members only, a large segment of Princess' new target market (younger folks and families) was locked out of the discounts.

Did Princess actually remove the cards from AARP to make access to the discounted cards available to more of its market on other web-sites?

6 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Did Princess actually remove the cards from AARP to make access to the discounted cards available to more of its market on other web-sites?

Severely doubt it.  Newegg runs a one day promo every now and then.  And the credit union connection is limited to those that belong to specific credit unions that are connected with prize out.  If anything, they narrowed the field of possible card buyers since there is currently no other constant options to purchase the discounted cards.