Bourbon and Bottles a live review on Oasis of the seas - June 9th

Tell Yuda (the server in the DL) that DJ and his family said hello. We were a family of 15 that was there 2 weeks ago most nights closing it up. He took great care of us, even when he was just cleaning up. Take good care of him and you'll be set for the week.

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Nice! They have Uncle Nearest. I don’t care for the Balcone’s . 

I need to try the 1884.  I bought the 1856 on your rec and it's wonderful.

Also, WT101 is one of the best bang-for-the-buck bourbons out there...a lot better than some two-to-three times the price.

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

Also, WT101 is one of the best bang-for-the-buck bourbons out there...a lot better than some two-to-three times the price.

I agree. Have you tried WT Rare breed? I love that bourbon. Does not drink hot with the high proof.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree. Have you tried WT Rare breed? I love that bourbon. Does not drink hot with the high proof.

Yep, love it.  That is my wife's favorite so far.  I tend to go back and forth between Rare Breed and OF1920 most often as my weekend evening neat pours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Yep, love it.  That is my wife's favorite so far.  I tend to go back and forth between Rare Breed and OF1920 most often as my weekend evening neat pours.

Im a big fan of all the Old Forester. I really like the Statesman too.

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

Any particular reason?  I know it's been hard to find in places, but I would think it's a fairly easy to find bottle for them...

I didn't push it was the bar outside of MDR, took my WT101 and walked.

• Like 1

The service with the dining staff has been amazing, they’ve had fruit ready to go for us immediately upon sitting and quickly refilled chocolate milks as they were depleted.

Chicken cordon bleu wasn’t over cooked and was quite juicy. Son doubled up on the spaghetti and chicken fingers, both appeared to be winners. 

Stowaway piano player made an appearance as dinner was letting out then hastily retreated to an elevator.

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3437.jpeg

IMG_3439.jpeg

IMG_3438.jpeg

IMG_3441.jpeg

• Like 3

Stray observations, you do get a decent amount of noise from the pool deck into the deck 10 cp cabins. Not enough to keep you awake but a polite reminder there’s a party going on somewhere. Baby and little one were able to nap no problem so it didn’t bother them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeerJod said:

I didn't push it was the bar outside of MDR, took my WT101 and walked.

LOL I just noticed it in the pic, and that it was empty (or near empty).

Kinda a "Hey, look what you could be drinking if you had sailed last week!!" 

• Haha 2

We will be on Oasis in August. If you happen to use the freestyle machine, i would love to know if there are any sparkling waters or flavored waters. I remember them having them on a cruise in 2019 but last year on Harmony the didn’t. Wondering if it was just that ship or if all machines are the same and they won’t have the sparkling water anymore. 

7 hours ago, bayportkat said:

We will be on Oasis in August. If you happen to use the freestyle machine, i would love to know if there are any sparkling waters or flavored waters. I remember them having them on a cruise in 2019 but last year on Harmony the didn’t. Wondering if it was just that ship or if all machines are the same and they won’t have the sparkling water anymore. 

We went sans drink package but I’ll press on the machine to see if I can get you anything. 

Edited by DeerJod
  • Like 2