I’m Back….. (did you miss me?)

crusinbanjo

Hi All.  Sorry I have not been posting.  I had some problem with the new log in process.  Apparently, I needed to log if using an old email address that I had not used since signing up in 2007.  When I asked for some help, CC was very helpful, but I tried checking all the email domains that I have ever used, all came back as….. user unknown.  So I was resigned to signing up with a new user name and email address.  But, the good news is CC must have figured out this was a problem, because when I tried to log in today using my old user name, (just for fun), it let me in and displayed my old email address, which I promptly changed.  So thank you CC …….. whew, that was a close one.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

Hi All.  Sorry I have not been posting.  I had some problem with the new log in process.  Apparently, I needed to log if using an old email address that I had not used since signing up in 2007.  When I asked for some help, CC was very helpful, but I tried checking all the email domains that I have ever used, all came back as….. user unknown.  So I was resigned to signing up with a new user name and email address.  But, the good news is CC must have figured out this was a problem, because when I tried to log in today using my old user name, (just for fun), it let me in and displayed my old email address, which I promptly changed.  So thank you CC …….. whew, that was a close one.  

A few of us were just about to send flowers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

22 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

Glad to hear you are back.  Yes, these "technical changes" can be challenging.  Have notice CC making some changes that take time and patience to catch up to the 'way things used to be."  Welcome back!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

As you get  older the harder  it is to remember  bloody pass words even writing them down  is no good  -  as you  for get where  you  put  that  DAMN list  !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

As you get  older the harder  it is to remember  bloody pass words even writing them down  is no good  -  as you  for get where  you  put  that  DAMN list  !!!

Maybe phrase the password as an answer to a trivia question? You’ve always had much success at trivia. And, this way if you can’t remember the answer, Dr. Ron surely will.

• Like 1

Here's a great way someone in tech taught me to remember passwords- It's almost fool proof

1) Begin with site name, (capitalized if a cap is required) so Cruisecritic

2) Next add any word or name you'll recall easily, IE blue

3)Your fav number or symbol, say 30

So password for this site would be Cruisecriticblue30

Same for each site, using site name, IE Amazonblue30, or Appleblue30, or Krogerblue30

Always works unless a site won't allow site name as part of password- in that case, use a nickname for site 

On 6/7/2023 at 11:54 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I gave up on remembering passwords, so I got the app 1Password.  Now I only have to remember one, or make sure I have my index finger (Mac) or face (iPhone) with me...

I actually have a spreadsheet of user names and passwords to keep track of it all with some needing special characters, others not, etc, etc,etc.  Mot too keen on using a password app, if that gets hacked, what then?!!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I actually have a spreadsheet of user names and passwords to keep track of it all with some needing special characters, others not, etc, etc,etc.  Mot too keen on using a password app, if that gets hacked, what then?!!!!!

True.  And the other big password app has been hacked.  But so far 1Password has been safe.  And the way it automatically fills in on my various Macs and iPhone is such a timesaver.  But I do look forward to the next level of security, which is partway there with fingerprint and facial recognition.

• Like 1