Shampoo, soap, lotion

Sujormik

1 hour ago, basor said:

In my experience, my TA has handled it and put the request in several weeks prior to boarding.  The requested drinks were in our fridge upon arrival,  I believe your TA was incorrect.

Thanks Basor,  that's what I thought.

Called O directly, on hold again for too long, but stuck with it. Just asked if TA or guest requests items for soft drinks for mini fridge in advance.

Rep wanted to transfer me, but I persisted -- said I was already on hold for like 20 minutes.  Rep then helped me, I gave booking #, and rep took request, and I asked for rep to confirm that my other TA requests were in booking.  They were.

13 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Thanks Basor,  that's what I thought.

Called O directly, on hold again for too long, but stuck with it. Just asked if TA or guest requests items for soft drinks for mini fridge in advance.

Rep wanted to transfer me, but I persisted -- said I was already on hold for like 20 minutes.  Rep then helped me, I gave booking #, and rep took request, and I asked for rep to confirm that my other TA requests were in booking.  They were.

Glad you got it worked out - if the soda you are requesting is not one normally carried onboard, they need time to acquire and have it at the dock to load.  We have run into instances where our request was not available at the embarkation port so they could not handle but that is rare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, basor said:

In my experience, my TA has handled it and put the request in several weeks prior to boarding.  The requested drinks were in our fridge upon arrival,  I believe your TA was incorrect.

This was our experience in January on Riviera as well.

3 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Sorry, slightly off topic, related to special requests.

For next cruise, I asked my TA to request specific soft drinks.  TA responded that you have to request once onboard. 

Called O to verify, and since was booked with TA, guy transferred me to I don't know where, but was on hold so very long, I ended call, and did not find out.

On my prior O cruises -- last one was 2019 -- was able to request prior to sailing, and was properly fulfilled.

Can anyone tell me current procedure.  Thanks

I used the message app on the website to leave a message on our preferences for pop, juice and a feather allergy.  When we arrive it had been taken care of.  (they never responded to the msg).  Without a message on our subsequent Oceania voyages, they have followed thru with what we asked the first time.  Will see on Aug 30 if they still have the note on their file on us.

43 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

I used the message app on the website to leave a message on our preferences for pop, juice and a feather allergy.  When we arrive it had been taken care of.  (they never responded to the msg).  Without a message on our subsequent Oceania voyages, they have followed thru with what we asked the first time.  Will see on Aug 30 if they still have the note on their file on us.

Was it an email to O?  Cannot find message function on O website, nor a chat function.

Viking has a chat feature on their website, and  I have, and many others have used it, with excellent service.  Not a chat bot, but live agents. 

Hoping O will start one, as calling in has very long hold times.

10 hours ago, Eloise4Ever said:

This is a pic of the toiletries we currently have in our B2 balcony cabin on Riviera. It's the White Tea version which to me has an almost imperceptible scent. As you can see the shampoo and shower gel are one and the same. Personally I wouldn't use cruise ship toiletries on my hair so I can't comment on its performance as a shampoo. But as a shower gel it's fine although not at all luxurious. Our shampoo/shower gel and body lotion have been replaced as they were getting low. 

Screenshot_20230609-165201_Gallery.jpg

Same as we had on our Jan.cruise.

We are only in an inside, category ‘G’ cabin, yet our wonderful cabin stewardess provides us with any Bulgari product we want…

We have two types of bar soap, plus shampoo, conditioner, and different “flavors” of body lotion, in small, large, even pump containers…😎

• Like 2

On 6/7/2023 at 9:28 AM, meg1021 said:

I'm sure that the previous poster provided accurate information based on their experience.  Our experience was somewhat different.  I agree that the Bulgari toiletries are high quality, and in theory, you should be provided with shampoo, shower gel, conditioner and body cream.  After sailing on Insignia for 48 days this past January/February, there was not one day that we had one of each of those toiletries provided for us in our cabin, so it might be wise to take a travel size of your favorites with you, so you are either not stuck in your cabin without them, or tracking down a service cart in the corridors to try to obtain something.  For the first 4-5 weeks we had no shampoo, and our cabin steward told us to use the shower gel to wash our hair.  After that we had no shower gel, and were told to use the shampoo.  Forget about being given a choice of your preferred scent, because that never happened.  Perhaps because we were in a regular balcony cabin and not a suite, or perhaps it was just incompetence by the cabin steward.  Whatever the reason, I took the missing toiletries from service carts if I could see them there.  I had no desire to complain to the Front Desk, as I was told by other passengers that it wouldn't help.  I do recognize that cabin stewards, and their assistants are pleasant people who work very hard, and I wouldn't want to get them in trouble either, but it seems as if a Manager should do spot checks in rooms, after they are serviced, to ensure uniform standards.  I was glad that I brought travel sizes of my preferred toiletries, for the several occasions when we lacked toiletries, so just something for you to consider.

See something? Say something!

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know if there an alternative on Oceania to "Bulgari" amenities (for PH guests) such as "L'Occitane" (like on RSSC)? The scent on most of their products is rather strong😷 - or at least it is with the Emirates onboard amenity packs for both BC and FC passengers

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CO 2000 said:

Does anyone know if there an alternative on Oceania to "Bulgari" amenities (for PH guests) such as "L'Occitane" (like on RSSC)? The scent on most of their products is rather strong😷 - or at least it is with the Emirates onboard amenity packs for both BC and FC passengers

We have never asked for a luxury alternative to Bulgari.  However, my wife has allergic reactions and is quite sensitive to regular bath amenities.  Through a request to O Special Services, O provides her doctor-recommended Vanicream products.  Sure makes it easier when one does not need to pack them all...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tigerfan75 said:

We have never asked for a luxury alternative to Bulgari.  However, my wife has allergic reactions and is quite sensitive to regular bath amenities.  Through a request to O Special Services, O provides her doctor-recommended Vanicream products.  Sure makes it easier when one does not need to pack them all...

Thanks Tigerfan 75. I might just drop Guest Services to get a personal response 😎

3 hours ago, CO 2000 said:

I'm not a fan of the Bulgari products due to their strong scents.  My husband enjoys showering in the spa and loves that they have L'Occitane products there.  He usually brings some back to our cabin.  I suspect that if we requested them from our cabin attendant, they'd be provided.  But if not, they are available in the spa area.

16 minutes ago, vlthom said:

I'm not a fan of the Bulgari products due to their strong scents.  My husband enjoys showering in the spa and loves that they have L'Occitane products there.  He usually brings some back to our cabin.  I suspect that if we requested them from our cabin attendant, they'd be provided.  But if not, they are available in the spa area.

Then make the request. Are you in a site? If not they may or may not provide them. As you said they are available in the spa area.We've been happy except I don't care for the shampoo. My spouse is fine with all of it. He especially likes the soap that is provided for the sink area. We both hate bath gels.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rbtan said:

Then make the request. Are you in a site? If not they may or may not provide them. As you said they are available in the spa area.We've been happy except I don't care for the shampoo. My spouse is fine with all of it. He especially likes the soap that is provided for the sink area. We both hate bath gels.

My answer to the situation is to bring my own.  I never reply upon the toiletries provided by the ship.  I like what I use at home so I bring it with me.  Simple.  So, I've had no real need to make a special request. I was merely responding to the poster who asked if l'Occitane products were available.  They are definitely on the ship and during our 22 O cruises, they have been found regularly in the spa.  This leads me to believe that one may be able to request them for one's cabin.

13 hours ago, vlthom said:

Thanks for the advice, vlthom. I'll speak to the "powers that be" to get it sorted

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rbtan said:

I will indeed follow your advice. Thanks for the reply

10 hours ago, CO 2000 said:

I will indeed follow your advice. Thanks for the reply

You're welcome. Sorry I messed up saying "site" I meant to say suite.

On 6/8/2023 at 11:17 AM, Redtravel said:

I always got what I requested. The products provided are good.  They are more like a gel, not oily.  If you like unscented products, bring your own.  
we are also on Marina 6-21

I was able to get unscented products by requesting the in advance. 

Just got off the Regatta today(10 day cruise) and we had a deluxe ocean view cabin. We has the same toiletries as photographed above and were replenished mid cruise w/o our asking.. The refrigerators in the room have coke products plus tonic and ginger ale which were also replaced as we consumed them. The shampoo/body gel is one in the same. I found it good for the body and the hair. It left my hair with a nice shine ! You might check out the amenities in the spa shower since they use a different brand there.

Perhaps the problem is resupplying the ship on longer cruises. Crew told us that a lot of the by the glass wine was consumed and some varieties were not available towards the end of the cruise in LA. One of the crew went out in Honolulu to purchase wine in a regular store!