Encore - Coffee in the rooms?

BonnieSte

Just now, BonnieSte said:

I saw some videos of the rooms and they had coffee machines in them. If you bring your own, are they k cups?

Thanks in advance!

Not K-cups!  More like a tea bag, but slightly larger.

2 hours ago, BonnieSte said:

I saw some videos of the rooms and they had coffee machines in them. If you bring your own, are they k cups?

Thanks in advance!

Coffee makers are still by request due to COVID. 

No kcups. Hamilton beach single serves. Your stateroom steward will refill. 

IMG_5539.jpeg

IMG_6021.jpeg

IMG_6020.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Decaffinated coffee makes as much sense as dehydrated water.

or beer with no alcohol

a hotdog with no mustard

a cheeseburger with no cheese

Humans are a wacky bunch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Are coffee makers available to request in regular Balcony cabins? We will be on the Prima.

I don't mindwhat kind, just being able to have a coffee in the cabin when I wake up and not have to get dressed to go up to Starbucks too early. would be fab! 

Also would the drip kind work for tea bags for my non coffee drinking husband?  Sorry not very familiar with drip coffee machines.

4 hours ago, Cassicruiser said:

Are coffee makers available to request in regular Balcony cabins? We will be on the Prima.

I don't mindwhat kind, just being able to have a coffee in the cabin when I wake up and not have to get dressed to go up to Starbucks too early. would be fab! 

Also would the drip kind work for tea bags for my non coffee drinking husband?  Sorry not very familiar with drip coffee machines.

yes, you can request in balcony cabins.  They can be request in all cabins.  I can't answer about tea bags, but you could probably just run water thru it and catch the hot water in your cup, then put the tea bag in the hot water

5 hours ago, Cassicruiser said:

They also supply Lipton Tea bags (you can just make out the yellow packets in Birds second picture).
You just remove the coffee bag holder so you don't get any residual coffee taste, then you get untainted hot water..

• Thanks 1

On my last THREE cruises (Star, Spirit & Breakaway) over a period of five months they have only had Decaf (gold pack) on each ship, no regular coffee available so I'm not sure what problems NCL has with it's supply chain but its affecting multiple ships.

Edited by ziggyuk

13 hours ago, Cassicruiser said:

Just remember that there isn't much counter space in a balcony cabin. You will sacrifice a lot of your flat surface with the coffee setup. 

For us, the small space by the phone was filled with charging phones and tables, sun screen, make up. 
IMG_6046.thumb.jpeg.4f3617892a11be283b3a3a858842b465.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

On 6/10/2023 at 4:16 AM, BirdTravels said:

Just remember that there isn't much counter space in a balcony cabin. You will sacrifice a lot of your flat surface with the coffee setup. 

For us, the small space by the phone was filled with charging phones and tables, sun screen, make up. 
IMG_6046.thumb.jpeg.4f3617892a11be283b3a3a858842b465.jpeg

For me, coffee trumps counter space  😄 I'll make it work!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 7:53 PM, dbrown84 said:

yes, you can request in balcony cabins.  They can be request in all cabins.  I can't answer about tea bags, but you could probably just run water thru it and catch the hot water in your cup, then put the tea bag in the hot water

Amazing thanks 😊 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Yup. For us, it was easier to stop by the buffet, observation lounge or food hall (depending on what side of the ship we were on). 

But then I'd have to get up and dressed. A cup of coffee in bed looking at the ocean go by, or in my pjs on the balcony is 👌

Bonus if it's good coffee, but if not at least it will tide me over till I'm up and out of the cabin 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Cassicruiser said:

But then I'd have to get up and dressed. A cup of coffee in bed looking at the ocean go by, or in my pjs on the balcony is 👌

Bonus if it's good coffee, but if not at least it will tide me over till I'm up and out of the cabin 😄

I agree!

20 hours ago, Cassicruiser said:

... A cup of coffee in bed looking at the ocean go by, or in my pjs on the balcony is 👌

Got my/our vote on it, although we always travel with (some) of our own preferred brand/mix ... just in case.  Last month on the Epic, they ran out of the flat pods and the regular filtered pouch as restocked was marked for a 4-cup carafe, too strong for some / fine for us - and hot water started leaking out of the Hamilton Beach 1-cup machine.  You would think, that a global cruiseline's provisioning and logistics team can figure out how & where to source, ship & deliver the basics on a timely basis to the fleet operating ... but, if they can run out of butter, low on tomato juice and short on hash brown potatoes - the sky isn't the limit b/c they aren't dealing with UFO's (just kidding)

Look at that picture, while desk/dresser or counter space might be shallow and limited, and look higher or up, there is plenty of wall space - not that difficult to hang or add some shelving - sturdy & not necessary expensive ... and, problems solved, I think.   And, or, hang that VoIP telephone on the wall (like the studio cabins) & the plastic holder for the placard(s) on the wall too ... put the tissue holder up there while the work is being done - no electrical, plumbing or general contractor license(s) need for those simple handy work.  Haha, better not give NCL any funny ideas or else ... the junior crew members will get extra training to perform the task.  

On 6/8/2023 at 2:04 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Decaffinated coffee makes as much sense as dehydrated water.

I'd be curious to know what the actual replacement ratio is of coffee to decaf, and why they always seem to be provided at hotels at a 1:1 ratio for some strange reason.  One of these items is only similar in name.  One is absolutely crucial to starting your day. while the other feels like going to a steakhouse that automatically puts ketchup out on the table.

I read a few reviews of NCL only having decaf coffee so I stocked up on extra regular coffees from a few hotels I have been to lately. I will bring them along because there is nothing like a hot cup of coffee on my balcony, in my pjs, first thing in the morning to get my day started. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 2:39 PM, BonnieSte said:

Thanks in advance!

I prefer strong coffee, so I brought these with me. 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07C6C4QDS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Several on the Getaway in May complained that only decaf pods were available from the stewards 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winky7650 said:

I prefer strong coffee, so I brought these with me. 

There are so many different types of coffee packaging these days, and I'm already paying a fortune for this trip, so out of principle I refuse to bring my own supples.  If they only have decaf on my trip, they will be hearing from my lawyer.

• Haha 5