Alaska Ship

e-cruiser

No one can offer you an experience based opinion on the Nova since she hasn't sailed yet.

You don't mention the features that are important to you in a cruise ship.

I have sailed on all the classic SS ships but now longer bother to even look at itineraries on the Shadow or Whisper, I so much prefer the Muse class (or close) ships - Muse, Dawn, Moon and Spirit. Mostly for the better choices for dining (meals) but also for the Arts Cafe and Dolce Vita - I find the main Bar on the smaller ships desperately claustrophobic - and a few other little details.

Unfortunately, the Muse, being first of it's class, didn't do the Arts cafe very well and there's a few other little faults that have been improved on her later sisters, but the Muse is still just fine for cruising. She'd be my choice from the three you suggest but that - I emphasise - is just my choice. Other opinions will differ.

• Like 2

I have also sailed the Muse twice to Alaska and I definitely recommend her over the Whisper. As others have mentioned, Muse has more options. As for Nova, she is just coming into the fleet this summer so right now nobody can give you a first hand experience yet. 

On 6/12/2023 at 4:18 AM, jollyjones said:

I have sailed on all the classic SS ships but now longer bother to even look at itineraries on the Shadow or Whisper, I so much prefer the Muse class (or close) ships - Muse, Dawn, Moon and Spirit. Mostly for the better choices for dining (meals) but also for the Arts Cafe and Dolce Vita - I find the main Bar on the smaller ships desperately claustrophobic - and a few other little details.

Appreciate these great comments and follow-ups from jolly jones and the other wise, experienced travelers.  Well summarized with the added dining options offered by the Silver Muse.  Plus, these newer ships have better technology.  Also, on older ships, there are potentially more "infrastructure", technical, plumbing, AC, etc., challenges as these "things" age on such sailing crafts, etc.  Just like with our bodies, aging has its issues, right?

For more on the Silver Muse, its food, entertainment, etc., plus for Alaska, you can look at my below live/blog to see more and maybe gain an idea or two for such an adventure.  Many colorful pix's!  This includes for considering the Silversea post- or pre-cruise Denali options.  Much to enjoy in these scenic and interesting areas.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Summer 2019 Calgary, Jasper/Banff National Parks, Western Canada Rocky Mountaineer rail adventure, Vancouver, sailing up to Alaska on Silver Muse, post-cruise excursion to Denali, etc.  Many visuals, Our firsts in these scenic areas!  Now at 19,268 views. Live/blog: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682584-live-terryohio-silver-muse-alaska-canadarockies-pix’s/

Edited by TLCOhio