Cruise Director Schedule Question

yankees2738

Hi!

Long time reader, first time poster. Were sailing on Mardi Gras from Port Canaveral on July 1st. We were looking at the CD schedule (posted below) and it looks like there's some overlap. Will Kendall be our CD? I've heard she's so good!

Jake

Screenshot_20230612-100309~2.png

2 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I would think so. That will start the transition to the new CD who is taking over.

That's what I was thinking too but then I saw TJ coming on as well before her sign off date then leaving 2 weeks later. Three Carnival CDs at once? Sounds like a lot of fun but I'm not sure I get it 😅

7 minutes ago, yankees2738 said:

That's what I was thinking too but then I saw TJ coming on as well before her sign off date then leaving 2 weeks later. Three Carnival CDs at once? Sounds like a lot of fun but I'm not sure I get it 😅

Training. Cookie and Kendall trained on MG at the same time last year. Cookie gets his shot this fall. I would expect TJ to be in the mix next year when Kendall and someone else likely move to Jubilee.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Training. Cookie and Kendall trained on MG at the same time last year. Cookie gets his shot this fall. I would expect TJ to be in the mix next year when Kendall and someone else likely move to Jubilee.

I’m hoping Cookie gets moved to Jubilee. I know he likes sailing out of TX since he is from there and so do I since I love Galveston. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

We had Kyndall on our Mardi Gras cruise last November and she was amazing. Full of energy, very visible throughout the ship, a great CD. It's only when you've had a really great CD that you appreciate that they do add something to your cruise.

Our favorite so far has been Louis on the Magic. We sailed out of Galveston a few months ago and had the most incredible time. Louis made the entire trip memorable and his energy with the Fun Squad was magnetic. All that said, I've only heard incredible things about Kyndall so I'm beyond thrilled that we'll get to have her as our CD!

• 2 months later...

Oh well, looks like the schedule doesn't even list a CD for our cruise. We're on the Breeze in November. Alex Sielger is listed as On 8/24/23 and Off 11/2/23 but then nobody is listed as On again until Lawrence West comes back on 1/11/24.

9 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

I do not see the Donkey on any of these

ships.

Is he still part of the Carnival Cruise Director Team? 

I think he was promoted to something like "Fleet Cruise Director" or something like that. Basically he has an office job at HQ in Miami now doing whatever it is that a "Fleet Cruise Director" does.

Edit to add: here is an article from March about his promotion.

https://www.cruisehive.com/another-carnival-cruise-director-promoted-to-fleet-position/96753

Edited by stobe1

39 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

I think he was promoted to something like "Fleet Cruise Director" or something like that. Basically he has an office job at HQ in Miami now doing whatever it is that a "Fleet Cruise Director" does.

Edit to add: here is an article from March about his promotion.

https://www.cruisehive.com/another-carnival-cruise-director-promoted-to-fleet-position/96753

Thank you for sharing this

He was a great Cruise Director on Horizon when cruising resumed I guess in 2021? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 4:50 PM, stobe1 said:

A little known search engine called Google on Al Gore's amazing internet would reveal this...

https://airtable.com/shrxzucqLGHbpDmm8/tblZJCAW6us7UhDmZ

How current is this schedule? There was a recent one that listed Joey Boyes on both Horizon and Vista around Christmas time. Someone in the cruise group for our Horizon sailing asked John Heald about it and he said it was an error and Joey would be on Vista at that time. Looking at this air table, it only shows him on Horizon from November-January. I would love for this to be correct and Joey be on our sailing. 

1 hour ago, Ideb said:

How current is this schedule? There was a recent one that listed Joey Boyes on both Horizon and Vista around Christmas time. Someone in the cruise group for our Horizon sailing asked John Heald about it and he said it was an error and Joey would be on Vista at that time. Looking at this air table, it only shows him on Horizon from November-January. I would love for this to be correct and Joey be on our sailing. 

I am on the Venezia right now with Joey as our CD. He told us he was going to Horizon at the end of October. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

I am on the Venezia right now with Joey as our CD. He told us he was going to Horizon at the end of October. 

That is great news!!!! Joey took Matt Michum's place on Vista for the week during our first cruise in 2019. We still think he is the best cruise director and have been hoping he would be our cd on another cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 9:42 PM, lasvegascruising said:

Just got off the Radiance today and our cruise director was Ranier.  I did not hear his name anywhere on Cruise Critic.  My husband thought he did a great job.  Anyone else ever cruise with him?

He’s a new CD.

On 9/15/2023 at 10:42 PM, lasvegascruising said:

Just got off the Radiance today and our cruise director was Ranier.  I did not hear his name anywhere on Cruise Critic.  My husband thought he did a great job.  Anyone else ever cruise with him?

I was on the Panorama last year when he was on the Fun Squad. He was the Bingo host. So happy he has gotten promoted!