Yogurt

lenquixote66

Hi Lenny, there are so many yogurts on the market. I like many of them. One of my favorite brands is Noosa.  I also keep Siggi in the fridge all the time. They make a good one with much lower sugar than other brands. There is also one called Icelandic Provisions that makes a wonderful creamy style yogurt.  Back when I was a kid I think the only brand on the shelves was Dannon. I remember seeing commercials with really old people LOL......said they ate Dannon and it kept them young. 

Nowadays, there are so many choices!

22 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lenny, there are so many yogurts on the market. I like many of them. One of my favorite brands is Noosa.  I also keep Siggi in the fridge all the time. They make a good one with much lower sugar than other brands. There is also one called Icelandic Provisions that makes a wonderful creamy style yogurt.  Back when I was a kid I think the only brand on the shelves was Dannon. I remember seeing commercials with really old people LOL......said they ate Dannon and it kept them young. 

Nowadays, there are so many choices!

Lois R:

When I was young there were not many brands of yogurts.

I don't think there's a yoghurt I don't like. But I always come back to set Greek yoghurt, drizzled with a little honey and a sprinkle of chopped pistachio.

My favourite brand is Lancashire Farm, founded by Ghulam Zouq who immigrated to the UK from Pakistan in 1960. All of the milk  they use comes from free range cows.

https://www.investinrochdale.co.uk/news/post/tribute-to-the-visionary-who-founded-lancashire-farm-dairies

I regularly visit the Spanish island of Tenerife and there used to be a place there sold frozen yoghurt. Absolutely delish

Edited by Harters
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I was young I never heard of yogurt.  Then, in my 30s and living in Australia, one day the milkman delivered a sample of a newly-available product, yogurt.  I liked it.  Eventually I started ordering litre tubs of their pineapple yogurt, then started making my own from a culture sold in the local health food store.  Now I buy Aldi's plain Greek, and add my own fresh fruit.

7 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

When I was young I never heard of yogurt.  Then, in my 30s and living in Australia, one day the milkman delivered a sample of a newly-available product, yogurt.  I liked it.  Eventually I started ordering litre tubs of their pineapple yogurt, then started making my own from a culture sold in the local health food store.  Now I buy Aldi's plain Greek, and add my own fresh fruit.

Are you native to Australia ? 
I believe I first ate yogurt in the 1950’s.

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Are you native to Australia ? 
I believe I first ate yogurt in the 1950’s.

No, US, but I went to Australia in my 20s, and lived there for 12 years.

My mother's meals, when I was a child, were fairly plain and non-exotic.  Meat, potato, and vegetable for all dinners.  Apart from a Chef Boyardee pizza kit for a slumber party when I was a pre-teen, my first venture into "foreign" food was Chinese and Lebanese restaurants with my college friends.

• Like 1