Rotterdam - Club Orange

Skicruiser55

There is no “true” ocean view as you would get on a window seat in the MDR but there are glimpses.

The service and food more than made up for that for me on my last Pinnacle Class & I am doing it again on the Rotterdam in October  👍 

• Like 3

We would walk by Club Orange on our way to the MDR on the Rotterham.  Always looked empty and the hallway outside of there was colder than other areas.  Personally, I thought the decor was nothing special. Reminded me of my friend's kitchen chairs when I was young.

8 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

We would walk by Club Orange on our way to the MDR on the Rotterham.  Always looked empty and the hallway outside of there was colder than other areas.  Personally, I thought the decor was nothing special. Reminded me of my friend's kitchen chairs when I was young.

That’s good to hear because it hasn’t been that way on my cruises on pinnacle ships. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone say the decor is special.  I do hope people continue to post negative comments because it’s getting more difficult to book.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I thought Rotterdam’s Club Orange decor was much better than on Nieuw Statendam. Quieter with carpet on the floor and it has more comfortable cushioned chairs, including some banquette areas with colorful throw pillows.

Instead of big forks etched on glass panels, the divider’s wood box design (see post #3) looks handsome and provides a better view toward the windows from inside looking out. And instead of the America’s Test Kitchen food artwork, there were interesting framed photos.

IMG_5015.jpeg

IMG_4971.jpeg

• Like 4

Spent almost all of our 26 nights on Rotterdam at the CO dining room this past April.  Loved it.

It was especially cold in there, though.  Mentioned it to the maitre d one night (the man, not the woman - sorry but I've forgotten both of their names) and he just snipped "we're working hard" as though we weren't aware that the dining staff work hard all the time.  I wasn't a fan of him but loved the gal who was there morning and evening (and worked the Dive In every afternoon).  She was wonderful. 

Anyway, added CO to my Rotterdam TA for fall 2024.  Pretty sure I'll always add it on the Pinnacle class.  I also added it to my Eurodam for January but mostly for the cabin upgrade.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 7:30 AM, Florida_gal_50 said:

I do hope people continue to post negative comments because it’s getting more difficult to book.

hahahahaahahahahaha😂 There's always more than one way to skin a cat.😂

• Like 3

We ate there every night on our cruise on the Rotterdam.  It's the same food as the dining room with one extra choice. The service was excellent and the host/hostess and waiters know your name.  So it wasn't the most elegantly decorated room on the ship, we still loved it and looked forward to our breakfasts and dinners there.

• Like 3

On 6/12/2023 at 10:57 PM, Dancing Shoes said:

I think it’s worthwhile to consider the different design styles in that part of the world as compared to North American design styles.  What you think of as “nothing special” and dated is actually considered au courant and very nice over there.  I wouldn’t dismiss something based on a North American perspective.

• Like 5

On 6/12/2023 at 11:57 PM, Dancing Shoes said:

Really?  And you think the MDR is nicer?  🤷‍♀️ 

Good - keep spreading the word it is nothing special. 😂 I have it booked on the Rotterdam and several on our roll call are hoping someone cancels to secure it.  We have all done it before.  And we know we want it again.  For me, it beats the MDR on the Pinnacle Class ships - better service, quieter and more personalized.  Each to their own wink

• Like 3

There were evenings when it was fairly empty and others when it was mostly full.

I liked the decor.  I like the music-themed art on the ship.  I took some pics of the pics but, unfortunately, the only time I could take them (when there weren't people seated at the tables under them), the light coming from those windows made for glare.

FTR, we always sat on the right side as you face the podium.  Only once were we sat at the first round table on the left side.  We wanted Reggie as our waiter every night.  Not that the others were subpar.  We just loved Reggie.

Oh, and the seared tuna salad that was on the menu several nights was just delicious.  I think I had it at least 3 or 4 nights. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2023 at 3:49 PM, kazu said:

Really?  And you think the MDR is nicer?  🤷‍♀️ 

Good - keep spreading the word it is nothing special. 😂 I have it booked on the Rotterdam and several on our roll call are hoping someone cancels to secure it.  We have all done it before.  And we know we want it again.  For me, it beats the MDR on the Pinnacle Class ships - better service, quieter and more personalized.  Each to their own wink

We are used to booking Suites on Celebrity for the Luminae dining room and a lot of the extra benefits we can now also get with CO for a lot less than a suite on Celebrity. I believe it's a great product for those of us who want something a little nicer and extra on a cruise. We now will only book CO on any HAL cruise.

• Like 1