Oasis with 5 yoots....seapass ideas

Long time lurker.....finally made a username !! hahhaha  Anyhow, cruising the Oasis this July with 5 kids ages 7 to 15. I've been on several RCCL cruises, just myself and wife. This time were gonna bring 'em all. Any tips about kids carrying seapass cards, or being able to limit purchases on seapass cards ? I am really don't want my 15 year old daughter going wild in the jewelry shop on board LOL !!!   Thanks !

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jimmy_MA said:

Long time lurker.....finally made a username !! hahhaha  Anyhow, cruising the Oasis this July with 5 kids ages 7 to 15. I've been on several RCCL cruises, just myself and wife. This time were gonna bring 'em all. Any tips about kids carrying seapass cards, or being able to limit purchases on seapass cards ? I am really don't want my 15 year old daughter going wild in the jewelry shop on board LOL !!!   Thanks !

Put their seapass cards in a plastic holder on a lanyard.  My granddaughter even at 2+ thought it was ok. I believe you can limit the amount the children can spend.  Rumor has it that that might not work at arcade games.   We'll have our 11 yo granddaughter on a cruise next summer and will have to figure that out!

Lanyard for sure.  My son doesn’t know he can use his seapass to order anything.  He learns where all the free food and drinks are and that’s all he needs (just did oasis last week and it was amazing - he’s 16)

Hahahaha!  Love the 'yoots'!  There are all kinds of fun lanyards on Amazon for much less than they'll be on the ship.  I let the grandkids pick out their own lanyard for the cruise.  

Edited by rockmom

11 hours ago, Jimmy_MA said:

As per the RC FAQs:

"

Q    Can limits be placed by parents or guardians on arcade spending?
A     The system is automatically set up to a $50 per person per day limit. We can increase/decrease this limit to whichever amount you would like. Just ask your friendly Arcade attendant once onboard to adjust the limit. 

Please note, this is a daily limit only. A cruise limit cannot be set.
"

Now this isn't for jewelry shops, but looks like Royal is looking out for parents wallets, and a limit might be able to be set for other purchases as well. What will most likely happen is the Jewelry shop will not let your daughter purchase the jewelry with out a parent/guardian present.

You don't have to have all cards on the same form of payment either - you could set you and your wife up on a credit card together and leave all the kids as cash accounts - let them know how much they have on them and that's that.  Especially if you prepurchase any soda or refreshment package, they'd have access to drinks but would have to check with you on any additional purchases.  I forget how much you can run up on a cash account before you are asked to put money on the account, but that paired with limits may be a safer route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4everAfamily said:

For several years now, we have been using a clear phone case with a card slot. It has worked the best for my family, including teens and seniors.  The case is available for many different phone models. https://www.amazon.com/ANHONG-Upgrade-iPhone-Protective-Shock-Absorbing/dp/B08K73BTWZ?th=1

IMG_0817.thumb.jpeg.5355c9491d46c44863b99b105e349850.jpeg

Don't want to carry phone. And dh would definitely object to that.  If I don’t have a pocket a lanyard works or a small purse.  Definitely wouldn't want to give teens a phone...the cost for that could be huge!

Just now, njkruzer said:

Don't want to carry phone. And dh would definitely object to that.  If I don’t have a pocket a lanyard works or a small purse.  Definitely wouldn't want to give teens a phone...the cost for that could be huge!

I purchase the Voom Surf and Stream multiple-device package, so the cost is not huge. Plus, IMO it would not be right to take a teen’s phone away since that's how they communicate to meet up with other teens. It's their vacation too, and deserve it after working hard all school year. 

1 minute ago, 4everAfamily said:

I purchase the Voom Surf and Stream multiple-device package, so the cost is not huge. Plus, IMO it would not be right to take a teen’s phone away since that's how they communicate to meet up with other teens. It's their vacation too, and deserve it after working hard all school year. 

Your decision. 

10 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

You don't have to have all cards on the same form of payment either - you could set you and your wife up on a credit card together and leave all the kids as cash accounts - let them know how much they have on them and that's that.  Especially if you prepurchase any soda or refreshment package, they'd have access to drinks but would have to check with you on any additional purchases.  I forget how much you can run up on a cash account before you are asked to put money on the account, but that paired with limits may be a safer route.

Great Option

Edited by ONECRUISER