Pre-order a bottle of hard liquor for in-room consumption? Is that possible?

dcsam

Can a person  preorder a bottle of alcohol and have it delivered to the cabin for in-room consumption?  If so, is there a link to the choices? I realize we could bring a bottle of vodka (or whatever), but when it comes to packing, less is more. 
Thank you!

12 minutes ago, dcsam said:

Basor,

Just the info I was looking for.  Thank you.

And yes… we are driving to the port (a 3 hour drive) and staying the night prior.  Less stress and hassle. 

If you are driving to the port than you can put your wine, liquor, etc. in a wine divided box, slap a label on it and give to the porters with your luggage....it will be delivered to your room.  For the cost of 1 bottle of liquor oboard, you can bring several!    O really does make it easy to bring any type of alcohol onboard for consumption in your cabin.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

I thought you could bring on wine but not liquor?

You can bring either.  In January we brought a bottle of vodka and three bottles of wine on Riviera.  No issues and we took the vodka bottle with us when we left mostly unused.

14 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

I thought you could bring on wine but not liquor?

You can bring onboard as much wine, beer, liquor, etc. for consumption in your cabin....your room steward/butler will be happy to provide you with the appropriate glasses, mixers and condiments for your favorite drink.  We will pick up a case of wine, liquor, etc. at a local Total Wine (or similar) , slap our premade label on it (name, cabin #, reservation number and contact information) and hand it to the porters with our luggage.  It usually is the first item delivered to our cabin.  Also, the box fits under the bed on it's side for storage.  Enjoy sailing on O...

1 hour ago, basor said:

You can bring onboard as much wine, beer, liquor, etc. for consumption in your cabin....your room steward/butler will be happy to provide you with the appropriate glasses, mixers and condiments for your favorite drink.  We will pick up a case of wine, liquor, etc. at a local Total Wine (or similar) , slap our premade label on it (name, cabin #, reservation number and contact information) and hand it to the porters with our luggage.  It usually is the first item delivered to our cabin.  Also, the box fits under the bed on it's side for storage.  Enjoy sailing on O...

Fyi, when we boarded Riviera in January the porters (not Oceania employees) would not take our carton of wine.  As a result, we had to carry it upstairs ourselves.  Not sure if this was unusual but I saw many people with wheeled liquor holders and wished I had one at the time.  Luckily as soon as we got in line for check in an O employee came over and asked if we wanted them to hold it while we checked in.  They also had it sent to our room.  Might be worth looking into a wheeled carrier if embarking in Miami with more than a bottle or two.

1 hour ago, Woofa said:

Fyi, when we boarded Riviera in January the porters (not Oceania employees) would not take our carton of wine.  As a result, we had to carry it upstairs ourselves.  Not sure if this was unusual but I saw many people with wheeled liquor holders and wished I had one at the time.  Luckily as soon as we got in line for check in an O employee came over and asked if we wanted them to hold it while we checked in.  They also had it sent to our room.  Might be worth looking into a wheeled carrier if embarking in Miami with more than a bottle or two.

Interesting, perhaps this is something new, as we have embarked in Miami several times and not had an issue,  We have called Total Wines, given them our order and they have had it boxed up and sealed when we arrived.  We take a taxi from hotel to Total Wines to pier the morning of embarkation.  Thanks for the update.  We will be embarking this Fall in Montreal and will see what happens at the pier and will report.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Has anyone embarked in Barcelona?  We will be flying in the day before so have time to hit a wine/liquor store.  I know they have a 6 bottle per cabin rule for wine.  I was wondering if anyone might know what the rules for non alcoholic "spirits" was.  We'd like to bring a bottle of "non"gin but don't know if that would fly.

1 minute ago, bender22 said:

Has anyone embarked in Barcelona?  We will be flying in the day before so have time to hit a wine/liquor store.  I know they have a 6 bottle per cabin rule for wine.  I was wondering if anyone might know what the rules for non alcoholic "spirits" was.  We'd like to bring a bottle of "non"gin but don't know if that would fly.

No problem  just drink it in your cabin

Many threads here on the topic

We intend to drink in cabin I was just wondering if they will allow us to bring it aboard. Have not found any posts about non alcoholic spirits. The "rule" only address wine so I am curious.  Does anyone know a way to contact Oceania with questions - all I can find is a place for TA to ask and I hate to bother mine every time I come up with one.

7 minutes ago, bender22 said:

We intend to drink in cabin I was just wondering if they will allow us to bring it aboard. Have not found any posts about non alcoholic spirits. The "rule" only address wine so I am curious.  Does anyone know a way to contact Oceania with questions - all I can find is a place for TA to ask and I hate to bother mine every time I come up with one.

Non alcoholic drinks  are fine

Alcoholic drinks are fine

If you want to call Oceania  check their website for contact info

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate#contact-us

29 minutes ago, bender22 said:

Thanks for the phone number, I called and was told 6 bottles of wine but no spirits, with or without alcohol.  Oh well, I tried.

I'd ask someone besides a random phone rep.  They are not the most reliable source for anything even slightly out of the ordinary, like not knowing that Ginger beer is not an alcoholic beverage.

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

Not necessarily.

We have cruised on ships (non Oceania) which serve 4.0% alc / vol Ginger Beer.

Depends on the Ginger beer 🙂

We like Crabbies  unfortunately  never seen it on O

2 hours ago, bender22 said:

I will admit the rep really didn't sound confident, lol.  Well, I like the way you think and will try bringing a bottle onboard....if we can find one in Barcelona that is.

Bender, I have found the best place to buy hard liquor is at a large grocery store such as Spar or Lidl. Not many liquor stores as we know them in North America. We have brought on board Scotch and vodka. Be sure to ask your room steward/butler for the appropriate mixers, if needed.

13 hours ago, jackdeb said:

Bender, I have found the best place to buy hard liquor is at a large grocery store such as Spar or Lidl. Not many liquor stores as we know them in North America. We have brought on board Scotch and vodka. Be sure to ask your room steward/butler for the appropriate mixers, if needed.

Yes, grocery stores or "mercados" are a great option, but you can also get spirits (and wine and beer) in what we would call convenience stores.  Can't walk a half block in Barcelona without coming across one. 

If you are near Las Ramblas, the Carrefour Market is a good option.

• Like 1