Live (almost) from the Enchanted Princess June 24-July 15 Best of the Mediterranean

fpsphil

1 hour ago, fpsphil said:

I’ll post up the day recap later but grabbed a pic while I was up on deck before sail out. Didn’t look all much different

3D1E8083-FD78-4D90-A202-2F2891374404.jpeg

Thanks - compared to the menu from last year shown below:

- New Texas Burger and Prime Burger (which seems to be the old Classic Burger with a pickle and only cheddar cheese!)

- New Chicken Strip Basket,  Coney Island Dog and Reuben Dog

- No North Carolina BBQ Sandwich or the two Street Taco offerings

image.thumb.png.371457d193e288aa56e4c5ac31632b68.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Naples:

Arrived in Naples bright and early and I was up to watch us dock. Plenty hot today but had some relief while walking around Pompeii as a little thunder cell was developing which shaded us for the 2 hours we were there.

I would highly recommend the Cheese tasting, Sorento and Pompeii tour. I initially booked this as it was only $10 per person more than a regular Sorrento/Pompeii combo but the farm they took us to up in the hills above Sorento was beautiful. It does include wine and Lemoncello tasting even though it is not in the description.

Surprised we were able to leave on time as there were at least 10 Princess busses still at Pompeii when we left at 4:45 for an all aboard of 5:30. Beautiful sail out of Naples followed and now we have a nice tail wind as we head south and then east. Should have a fully useable balcony tomorrow for our day at sea.

Here are some pics and Day 3 patters. Sorry if they are out of order

6D5CA6FF-BD00-4E8C-A67A-21B218BC029C.jpeg

6BFD6465-FE0C-4EB4-9B89-F22DBC58FB63.jpeg

9FF0C050-BB66-407C-A84F-5EEC95C18B1D.jpeg

4D51D8CD-8682-4BDA-A4B4-66F3E17C8773.jpeg

C3CB2EEB-13D0-4DA7-AFA8-B8CBA3A250B2.jpeg

3A25CA5E-4781-40E6-A89F-2EB4BBA8DFDF.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dides said:

- New Texas Burger and Prime Burger (which seems to be the old Classic Burger with a pickle and only cheddar cheese!)

I’ll try the new offerings tommorow to see if they are much different than the standard deck food Princess has always had. I will say the food quality onboard so far has exceeded what we’ve grown used to on LA cruises on the Discovery (Sapphire cruise was an exception and that food was outstanding)

• Like 4

Day 3 - At Sea and The Catch Review

Beautiful and relaxing day at sea today. Ended up sleeping in until almost noon as we were exhausted from our long day in Pompeii and Sorento. 

Had a late lunch at Oceanview sushi bar and thought the quality was far better than the Discovery. That’s been an over whelming theme thus far as the entertainment and food have outpaced our recent cruises on the Discovery by quite a lot.

Did have one issue that came up today as my fiancé went to the spa to get her hair done and despite being clear she wanted the basic package they charged her for a full max package without receiving it. Will be speaking to the spa manager tomorrow as I know how pushy they can get with upsells on the staff so it might have been by accident they charged it. That is the reason we rarely use any spa service onboard anymore.

Had dinner at The Catch and wow we were impressed. The entire space was refreshed and the second we sat down we felt like we were at a high end restaurant instead of the normal speciality we are used to on Princess.

My fiancé ordered the Crabcakes and Surf and Turf for her main and I ordered the Grilled Prawns and Shrimp, Scallops, and Salmon dish. the quality of the food was fantastic and we already booked another evening there on our last leg of the cruise.

We are off on the Ultimate Crete tour tomorrow for a full day off the ship!

Attached are the Patters for tomorrow as well as pictures of our food at The Catch

27D96AFF-A961-48E9-87A1-728A93F4E0E3.jpeg

18461666-68F1-4489-B1CD-DF78072E91D7.jpeg

756A7BC0-247A-4274-9CDC-5C6EED18414F.jpeg

7615DBA3-D37C-425F-A6F4-1CF5D88EC033.jpeg

649940E5-B048-495F-8445-F083F1232730.jpeg

D600370F-DD0B-420E-B8FE-FFC7663F67C5.jpeg

141021AC-19D4-44B5-B6C0-35588B5E8C8D.jpeg

4CDA0E65-05E3-4AB3-A866-7617A0F9E9E5.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Heraklion and Day 4

Woke up this morning to a beautiful day in Crete. Despite my many Med cruises I have done over the years none have ever gone to Crete so was excited to see what the island offered. We did the Ultimate Crete tour which included Knossos, wine tasting, a visit to a model village and a full lunch. Tour was very well done and we are happy we ended up choosing this one as it gave us a good feel for everything on the island.

Back on the ship we were pretty tired and didn’t feel like dressing up for the dining room so ended up having dinner at O’Malleys. We both were impressed with the food quality and atmosphere with the band Full Tilt having everyone clapping and singing. What a great transformation of a previously boring and dull corner of the Piazza. I will post pictures of the food we had below.

I posted on the Starlink thread in regards to the Wi-Fi as we have yet to see a moment of Starlink connection this entire cruise. There were periods tonight where the Wi-Fi was almost completely unusable. Maybe someone forgot to pay the Starlink bill but it’s definitely hitting laggy SES satellites still and pushing me to use shoreside cellular until the last possible moment as we leave port.

Also of note the Incredible Quinn is onboard! He boarded the other day in Rome and has a show tonight. We saw him in the Piazza on the Sapphire back in Oct and truly loved his act. Met him on the way into the theater and he was happy we were to see him now performing a full prime time show in the theater. Also the Inspired Silliness show in the Vista Lounge was extremely well done and we thought it was hilarious. Will say the overall “product” this far on this cruise blows recent Discovery cruises way way way out of the water.

Here are a few pics from today, pictures of dinner and tomorrow’s Patters

2B349672-AA4F-4AC5-A103-4CD4CC3100DB.jpeg

E14423D5-F776-4634-B5C0-142AF5B036B8.jpeg

0F6BB134-095D-491F-B2F5-F61996E6EE99.jpeg

ADBB076D-5053-4509-996F-FDA98D16F4B6.jpeg

4D3E18BF-27C7-4AF4-8D80-2E3C32917486.jpeg

BEEE9848-A986-4D22-825C-63345B8DA6B0.jpeg

D275DD9E-0265-423B-863F-9E55578C6ED4.jpeg

48746037-35F1-4AF8-A5C8-A2BEABA963D5.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2023 at 11:55 AM, dides said:

Bummed about the 2 Street Tacos!  Adios! 

geez I enjoyed those for many lunches.

I am also on the Enchanted with 7 members of family. No problems with the internet. Was able to view Netflix, text messages with family and even air drop photos between members. Great Beautiful Ship “ Happily Camper”

4 hours ago, kjg46 said:

I am also on the Enchanted with 7 members of family. No problems with the internet. Was able to view Netflix, text messages with family and even air drop photos between members. Great Beautiful Ship “ Happily Camper”

I might be a bit spoiled being in IT and working on lighting fast connections at home but was expecting a pickup with Starlink which hasn’t even been on

• Like 1

Kusadasi Day and Istanbul

Been a busy couple days and haven’t had a chance to post. 

Everything onboard continues to be excellent. We’ve been having the specials in club class dining almost every night that we go down and have been very impressed. Have a couple pictures I will be posting down below.

Kusadasi was hot as always. Went to Ephesus, St John’s and Virgin Mary shrine. Luckily there was only our ship, a Seabourn ship and a World Cruise ship that looked liked dinghy’s docked next to the Enchanted.

Played Bingo after departure and Fortuna’s jokes on this cruise are not as infuriating as they’ve been onboard the Discovery before. Will prob do the jackpot session each segment of the cruise.

Istanbul today started rainy and cold but the weather cleared out by sailing time. We were delayed an hour due to 2 busses being stuck in traffic but that gave us another hour to enjoy the beautiful harbor. With the spice market closed today came back over an hour earlier which gave us time to walk around the area above the ship terminal. This area mainly has higher end merchandise so don’t expect to get any Souviners here. Speaking of the terminal while beautiful and brand new the amount of walking they make you do to get anywhere is insane. From walking down from the upstairs area, through the line and security and onto the ship took almost 25 minutes, of which half of that time was simply walking.

We’re off to Saint John’s Resort tomorrow for a day of relaxation. Going to try to grab dinner somewhere ashore as well before we have to get back to the boat. Even though it was not listed on the Captain Circle welcome aboard letter I went down to confirm that there is elite tendering tomorrow.  Will post up patters later this evening when we are back in the room.

FEECA6FE-2B46-4825-90B1-1946FD7C71B9.jpeg

BE5A7A33-C834-4B21-9923-FEA061505FA8.jpeg

437D2984-E903-4806-A0A1-8E2D88FF4EF0.jpeg

92F42500-1E88-4494-8F4D-E47A3AB645CB.jpeg

9A61D6AD-6D91-4FDA-8CF6-5F0F833A4D19.jpeg

C6DCF6F8-3D6E-42C9-8AD6-44FFD4D68EEF.jpeg

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

I notice that the daily Patters are showing two locations for Loyalty/Events-Have there been changes made to the program?

Yes it’s the combination of the Go Princess future cruise/captain circle. There was a thread a month ago about the elimination of the standard captain circle host position. Apparently this is the first cruise on the Enchanted post change.

Following along and enjoying your posts.  We will be on this cruise the end of August.  

Curious, you mentioned St. Johns Resort as your relaxation day.  Are you visiting on a day resort pass?  I can't seem to find any mention on their website.  

Thanks!

Lisa

7 hours ago, cruisin1357 said:

Following along and enjoying your posts.  We will be on this cruise the end of August.  

Curious, you mentioned St. Johns Resort as your relaxation day.  Are you visiting on a day resort pass?  I can't seem to find any mention on their website.  

Thanks!

Lisa

I emailed them directly at this email.

reservations@saintjohn.gr

Edit: here is a screenshot of the reservation form

D03445DE-91D1-47F0-9544-EB59A5853A35.png

Edited by fpsphil

4 hours ago, World Bouncer said:

Following along and enjoying your post.  We will on Enchanted in April 2024 for 14 nights and we are considering doing a review on here or make an attempt at youtube?

Will keep reading along

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

We have been capturing hours of video just don’t have the time to go through everything right now. We will be making a full YouTube review as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, following your cruise with excitement.thanks for sharing.

Please could I ask you if you could post the soda and non alcoholic drinks prices. Still trying to decide if it’s worth it on 24 day cruise on Sky. 
MTIA and enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Have t done a Princess cruise in a while and was wondering where do we see when the Platinum and Elites nights happen ? I remuer it use to be every night around 16:30 and 18:30 and in different area depending on the ship. 

Thanks 

Sea Ya

Eric