Live (almost) from the Enchanted Princess June 24-July 15 Best of the Mediterranean

fpsphil

Hey Everyone!

After a full year of planning the time is here and we will be boarding the Enchanted Princess for a Rome-Rome circle of the Mediterranean in our favorite M6 cabin, M107. When I first booked this cruise over a year ago I thought it was a bit of a pipe dream but here we are fully paid and ready to fly to Rome in less than a week. Doubled down on this last May when I took the original 14 day booking to the full 21 day when I saw availability on M107 for the following 7 day.

Me and my fiancé might be on the younger side of cruisers (31 and 28) but we’ve been on 6 together on Princess since the restart and this will mark my 26th-28th Princess cruise personally.

We will be flying from SNA to Chicago then on to Rome next Tuesday and then spending a couple days in Rome pre cruise before traveling up to Civitavecchia for the night before we board. Post cruise we will be renting a car and driving up to Siena for a couple days.

I will do my best on posting all the new venues on the Enchanted (O’Malleys, The Catch, new Sabatini’s, and Salty Dog Cafe) as well as patters and other events happening around the ship as well as much as I can on our pre and post cruise activities. We have excursions as well in almost every port.

I will be posting as much as possible so ask away!

Hope you all follow along and enjoy our journey!

Edited by fpsphil
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

• fpsphil changed the title to Live (almost) from the Enchanted Princess June 24-July 15 Best of the Mediterranean
4 hours ago, fpsphil said:

Hey Everyone!

After a full year of planning the time is here and we will be boarding the Enchanted Princess for a Rome-Rome circle of the Mediterranean in our favorite M6 cabin, M107. When I first booked this cruise over a year ago I thought it was a bit of a pipe dream but here we are fully paid and ready to fly to Rome in less than a week. Doubled down on this last May when I took the original 14 day booking to the full 21 day when I saw availability on M107 for the following 7 day.

Me and my fiancé might be on the younger side of cruisers (31 and 28) but we’ve been on 6 together on Princess since the restart and this will mark my 26th-28th Princess cruise personally.

We will be flying from SNA to Chicago then on to Rome next Tuesday and then spending a couple days in Rome pre cruise before traveling up to Civitavecchia for the night before we board. Post cruise we will be renting a car and driving up to Siena for a couple days.

I will do my best on posting all the new venues on the Enchanted (O’Malleys, The Catch, new Sabatini’s, and Salty Dog Cafe) as well as patters and other events happening around the ship as well as much as I can on our pre and post cruise activities. We have excursions as well in almost every port.

I will be posting as much as possible so ask away!

Hope you all follow along and enjoy our journey!

We really enjoyed our 20 nights on the Enchanted in March. Beautiful ship! 
Have a great time!

• Like 1

FPSPHIL

We also will be on the Enchanted next week. (One in lifetime family vacation Oh Boy!). We will be flying out of Houston to Newark then Rome 3 days prior.  We just received a notice from United Airlines

that there will be a "nationwide labor strike June 19 - 20." From the information I was able to glean from the internet, it includes the airport baggage handlers. Just a heads up.

Hope you and your have a wonderful cruise. 

All the best

Edited by kjg46
spelling

1 hour ago, kjg46 said:

FPSPHIL

We also will be on the Enchanted next week. (One in lifetime family vacation Oh Boy!). We will be flying out of Houston to Newark then Rome 3 days prior.  We just received a notice from United Airlines

that there will be a "nationwide labor strike June 19 - 20." From the information I was able to glean from the internet, it includes the airport baggage handlers. Just a heads up.

Hope you and your have a wonderful cruise. 

All the best

We received that notification as well this morning. We land there on the 21st so hopefully we will not be affected.

Edit: Here is an article I found https://www.thelocal.com/20230608/calendar-the-transport-strikes-to-expect-in-italy-in-summer-2023/

Edited by fpsphil

We are sailing Enchanted September 2nd.  IF any of you folks are going to Gibraltar, I’d really be interested in any up to date information on taxi tours from the port.  I’ve read 30-55 GBP p/p for the 1 hr. 45 min. Top of the Rock tour which is quite a variation.  I’d really appreciate current information.  Happy travels.

Thanks!  We will be on Oct 21 for the 22 day RT Barcelona.  Would love info on the new restaurants and also, if you have time, the Take 5 jazz club and what kind of wines are being served with the Plus package now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Senga said:

We are sailing Enchanted September 2nd.  IF any of you folks are going to Gibraltar, I’d really be interested in any up to date information on taxi tours from the port.  I’ve read 30-55 GBP p/p for the 1 hr. 45 min. Top of the Rock tour which is quite a variation.  I’d really appreciate current information.  Happy travels.

Yes same here would love ton here on how you’ve done on your Gibraltar anyone ? On you own or hiring a taxi or private company. 

We are on the first 7 day leg, Rome - Athens, It's getting very real now. We will be doing a few nights pre-cruise in Rome.

We are back in September for another 7 days, Barcelona - Rome. Some of you here have asked about tours in Gibraltar, the one we wanted with Princess was sold out. I thought we would just wait for a taxi tour when we arrive but when researching I saw tours being recommended with Blands travel, I checked them out on Tripadvisor and all seems good so I have pre-booked with them. They pick up at the port. Might be worth checking out!

Happy sailing FPSPHIL 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, nimiq said:

Yes same here would love ton here on how you’ve done on your Gibraltar anyone ? On you own or hiring a taxi or private company. 

We did the premium taxi tour about 3 hours.  We just organized it through our roll call and there were 8 of us.

It was great and we really learned a lot.  It is was very organized. Highly recommend them.  They pick up right outside the door to the terminal. So easy.

Look on their website and send them an inquiry.  They have shorter tours too.

http://www.gibraltartaxiassociation.com/

1 hour ago, nimiq said:

We are taking a group tour that was organized over on the Roll Call forum that includes the full around the rock tour as well as top of the rock. All the ship side excursions were sold out months ago.

We have a few Viator tours booked for places like Naples (Capri with Blue Grotto tour) and Marseille (full e-bike tour)

Edited by fpsphil

1 hour ago, TorontoTL said:

How are the wifi speeds since the Enchanted was updated to Starlink?

Will post speedtests once we board. I will be attempting to get some work done on it so I will be putting it to the test

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nimiq said:

I just inquired June 7 and was quoted standard tour 1 3/4 hr, min 6people per car Pounds 55 pp. tickets included 4sites.

Extended tour 2 1/2 hr, min 5 people Pounds 85 pp tickets included 8sites.

Not sure if  you have to organize own group beforehand.